watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Gary Lineker

Started by Ron Sheepskin, July 05, 2011, 07:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sheepskin

So TV's Mr Smiley used to write a column in the Mail on Sunday. He resigned very publicly over that newspaper's involvement in secretly recording Lord Triesman suggesting that FIFA might be corrupt.

Gary Lineker then started writing for the News of the World. I await an even more public resignation from a 'news' paper that's not fit to put in the cat litter tray.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Sheepskin Junior

Just don't tell anyone over the phone.
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

NorthernWhite

I've heard a lot of "alleged" stories about Mr Lineker from different sources and he's certainly not the squeeky clean man his PR people work hard to portray him as.....

Ron Sheepskin

No reason to doubt you NW, but surely his PR people will be unable to justify him taking the NOTW shilling at the moment.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

LBNo11

...Shock - horror - rupert murdoch's newscorp in no ethics scandal.

I wonder how many people will be appalled an disgusted by this - and then watch sky news/sport and buy one of their rags the same day..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

NorthernWhite

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on July 05, 2011, 09:50:57 PM
No reason to doubt you NW, but surely his PR people will be unable to justify him taking the NOTW shilling at the moment.

I should hope not. Absolute scumbags that have done this to Millie Dowlers family and I hope he would pull out from writing for them. I saw today that Ford have already stopped any advertising with the NOTW with immediate effect.

What Ive heard about Mr Lineker are his, shall we say, off field physical activities for many years.

ImperialWhite

Easy enough- Mr Linekar's agent just needs to leave a message on his client's answering machine stating Linekar's resignation, NOTW will do the rest...

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: LBNo11 on July 05, 2011, 10:00:29 PM

I wonder how many people will be appalled an disgusted by this - and then watch sky news/sport and buy one of their rags the same day..?
Ed, you need calm down on the Sky hatred mate, i get pulled up on my pet hates, but you seem more obcessed than me. Plus at least Sky makes money and employs thousnds of people , unlike my pet hate, which thousands of people pay for but get no pleasure out of it. :028:

ron

How many times have you picked up a newspaper (national, local, it makes no difference) and read a story about something you know about personally... and found that there always seems to be a factual error?

If that is also true about the stories of which we have no inside knowledge .....then surely the press must be the worst waste of trees (and therefore an alleged* increase in global warming) that anyone can imagine..? 

Your call, newspaper buyers !

* I say alleged, because I read it in a newspaper before I gave up buying the nasty things.

HatterDon

Three great commonalities among the US, the UK, and Australia.

1. We all speak English -- after a fashion.

2. We all have democratic governments.

3. We all suffer from the excesses of Rupert Murdoch and News Corp.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

Quote from: HatterDon on July 06, 2011, 01:32:59 AM

Three great commonalities among the US, the UK, and Australia.

1. We all speak English -- after a fashion.

2. We all have democratic governments.

3. We all suffer from the excesses of Rupert Murdoch and News Corp.

And we have Fulham players as well as fans from all three mentioned jurisdictions
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

TonyGilroy

Quote from: ron on July 06, 2011, 12:35:08 AM
How many times have you picked up a newspaper (national, local, it makes no difference) and read a story about something you know about personally... and found that there always seems to be a factual error?

Every time and not just the odd factual error and I'm not talking about tabloid sleaze but political or legal stuff in the "quality" press.

Always unrecognisable from what I know to be the truth.

I put that down to journalists being quickly briefed and moving on to the next story.

The NOTW stuff is on an entirely different level though and as a society we simply have to confront this criminal disgusting abuse of power.

The News Corp guy being interviewed by John Snow last night practically smirked through the whole thing seeming to know that his company was above the law. We have to prove him wrong.

It's years since I've felt so strongly about something.

CULTUREVULTURE

Quote from: NorthernWhite on July 05, 2011, 08:32:29 PM
I've heard a lot of "alleged" stories about Mr Lineker from different sources and he's certainly not the squeeky clean man his PR people work hard to portray him as.....

+1 - a very unpleasant man

sipwell

Woohoo! A good reason to post this brilliant song:

The Daily Mail Song
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

epsomraver

A close source has said the allegations are unfounded, a family friend says they are, a neighbour close by wished not to be identified  says maybe , these terms have been used for years to do one thing TELL LIES, back in the late  50's a school friend of mine's brother fell out of the window of their bedroom and broke his arm, he was quoted by the Wandsworth Borough News no less that he said" I was upset but I am ok now I know my brother is safe". He never said a word and spoke to no one from the press. This is not a new thing, the point is they have forgotten what they are supposed to be, NEWSPAPERS, emphasis on NEWS

sipwell

And then we should all pick up our copy of the following book and sigh in concert:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flat-Earth-News-Award-winning-Distortion/dp/0701181451
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Chopper

Quote from: sipwell on July 06, 2011, 09:10:30 AM
Woohoo! A good reason to post this brilliant song:

That is brilliant.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole