more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR -- Womens World Cup Final groups stage matches

Started by HatterDon, July 06, 2011, 07:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbobob

Quote from: HatterDon on July 09, 2011, 07:44:58 PM
Any English football fan who will not stand up and cheer for the English Womens team today should be ashamed. The French were the far better side and the English had four women limping around the field by the end of the 120 minutes, but they REFUSED to let the French score that second.

Yes, they lost on penalties -- they are an English national side, after all -- but what an amazing display of courage and strength today.

Well done England!!!!
:54: :54: :54:
Ditto-the ball almost never crossed the center line the whole of extra time.
Very shocked they did not win on PK's but both teams played their asses off and if you can't respect that then that is a real shame and an real pity. Well Done!!!
Heartbreaking loss for those girls...very tough indeed.
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Lighthouse

It can only be England. Winning with two minutes to go. Winning with two penalties to go. For the love of ....... Manager must take the wrap for poor timing of subs.

At least the Germans are out as well.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Your girls played their hearts out against a better team. One of you wants to blame one of those players; another of you wants to blame the manager. Sometimes I just don't know about you folk.

Shock of ages for Japan to beat Germany. I don't think there's any doubt that the winner of tomorrow's USA v. Brazil match will take the final as well -- especially if it's settled in normal time. Here's hoping that Aussie can make it to the semi-final. It would allow them to take advantage of the fact that several Japanese players are on yellows and that they're all knackered. Fun to see Aussie-USA going for everything.

Two interesting stats about USA v. Brazil -- All time, the USA women are 23-2-2. One of those losses, however, was in the 2007 WC when Brazil won 4-0. They also have the best player in the world in Marta. Their defense is their liability. For the USA, their uneven form in attack is more than balanced by the fact that they have the best defense and -- by far -- the best GK in the women's game. I might catch the end of the Aussie game, but will have to wait for Brazil-USA since church is in the morning.

Great to see a major upset in a world tourney.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

I am sorry to say but when you are two minutes away from a vital win and make changes a few minutes before in defence. The concede and have two or three players struggling through injury. One of which hasn't played a full 90 minutes in some time and another who was limping before the subs. I think the manager and her decisions must be looked at.

So we were brave and played well. We should not have had a kid step up to take the penalty or a cripple. I am fed up with us being brave losers. There is a reason why we lost. It wasn't because we were brave or outplayed up until the 88th minute.

Jimbobob

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 10, 2011, 12:12:31 AM
It can only be England. Winning with two minutes to go. Winning with two penalties to go. For the love of ....... Manager must take the wrap for poor timing of subs.

At least the Germans are out as well.

Totally agree that the subs were not good decisions.  :023: :023: :023:
I hope poor Claire Rafferty is not blamed for the loss - it was her fifth match for the national team I heard.
The French made their kicks after missing the first one. They were cold blooded...you have to respect that.
The Germans are out and thank god for that! - Japan was unreal!!!! They were allowed to be pushed around like rag dolls by the Hun all night and the ref just sat by and let it happen. She did finally give one yellow I think but she was clearly in the pocket of the Germans. Plus when they weren't pushing the Japanese girls down they started diving and got rewarded for it!
Two incredible matches - I hope we see the same tmorrow.
I am very afraid Brazil is going to beat the crap out of us  :032: :007: :019:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

HatterDon

While I was sleeping, it appears that Sweden spanked the Aussies pretty hard. [get that picture out of your head, HatterDon]. I didn't see any of the match, but the stats made it look pretty even with one exception:

Fouls:  Australia 5 -- Sweden 20!!!!

Barring any suspensions, the Swedes are in the driver's seat to go against a very tired Japan and get to the final against [most likely] the winner of todays Brazil-USA match.

Another interesting stat, the match drew 24,605 in Augsburg. The tourney has been very popular with the Germans who, in every match I've watched, have cheered for the underdog and had themselves a hell of a time. This has been a huge success and bodes well for Germany getting other major tournaments.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jimbobob

HD:

The Swedes did get a late yellow and one of their bull dog enforcers will miss the next match.
Didn't get to see all of match - seemed Sweden just too strong for the girls down under.
Too bad........
I just hope the mexican ref that called the Japan-Germany match does not return - typical corrupt FIFA official.
She was criminal in her calls and bias... 096.gig 096.gig 096.gig
Come on USA... 098.gif 098.gif 098.gif

jarv

I just returned from a short visit with family in Scotland. I asked about the women's world cup on tv and some (short sighted) people didn't even know it was taking place :49:
Having watched a couple of games this week-end, found  the matches very entertaining. Looking forward to USA very soon.

Footnote, my son informed me when living in London, (he played non-league) but also played for a (decent) Sunday team for fun. Occasionally, England's 3rd choice goallie turned out for them. (The female one and the sunday team). He said she was pretty good. Problem with the shower arrangements after the game though :005:

Matt

Rookie mistake that yellow card. We had 3-1 and there were no worries really. Just let's hope that we can keep the flow against Japan!

Sweden - USA in the final? I really do hope so! :yay:
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

jarv

Is anyone else watching the same game as me.

Scrappy game, poor standard. Too many mistakes, too many fouls by both teams and the American girls are like a team of thugs. Particularly in the first 20 minutes.

Come on girls, cut out the gamesmanship and lets see some skill. Hope the second half improves.

Jimbobob

Quote from: jarv on July 10, 2011, 05:25:30 PM
Is anyone else watching the same game as me.

Scrappy game, poor standard. Too many mistakes, too many fouls by both teams and the American girls are like a team of thugs. Particularly in the first 20 minutes.

Come on girls, cut out the gamesmanship and lets see some skill. Hope the second half improves.

FIFA strikes agian....USA being hosed.....these refs are a disgrace.
We can't hold off Brazil with 10 players.
Robbed. Criminal Bull Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jarv

Dreadful call. Much better second half by both teams. 100% better.

Pata

Great resilience by the Yanks, the only downside being the USA-USA-USA w*nkfest that's gonna follow. To be made into a film, etc.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

finnster01

Quote from: Pata on July 10, 2011, 07:16:33 PM
Great resilience by the Yanks, the only downside being the USA-USA-USA w*nkfest that's gonna follow. To be made into a film, etc.

That is out of order. The only w*nkfest is the shite that happens at Anfield Road every second week of the year. You should just shut up and get your arse off this Fulham board.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

BarryP

Phenomenal finish!  What heart to play 55+ minutes a player down and put the match into PK's in the dying moments of the match.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

LordNelson

What an awesome match!!  Having to fight against the refs and the wankin Brasilenos.  I haven't seen such bad acting since Ronaldo left.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

YankeeJim

The USA/Brazil match showed the best & the worst of football. Good effort by both sides with a very well taken goal to equalize. A team that plays with ten for the last 50 minutes & pulls out a win is worth a w*nkfest Pata, even if it is just a bunch of lowly yanks.  096.gig

But why, why is reffing so bad? I don't think it was bias, it was just bad. The US player who had a yellow in the first half, clearly used her fore arm to direct the ball but no call. The defender who was called for the penalty, to me, was doing nothing but some hard nose defending. Then the call after the penalty for encroachment, while correct in the strict letter of the law, is almost never called. I'll bet that erf has never seen a stadium with more than 10-15000 in it before today. If it's the best footballers, it should be the best refs. Some one call Howard Web,  :003:

Our girls will take care of the French for you lot & then Sweden is next. Course, maybe the Japanese have a couple more upsets in mind.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

finnster01

There is a will to do whatever it takes to win in the USA when you wear the shirt.

Not like there is a will to take your WAG to Harrods to buy another new Luis Vuitton bag instead like in England.

I salute the US mentality. Meanwhile, England collapse like a card house no matter the sport male or women. What happened to pride or have we all turned out to be totally crap?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

YankeeJim

Quote from: finnster01 on July 10, 2011, 09:05:34 PM
There is a will to do whatever it takes to win in the USA when you wear the shirt.

Not like there is a will to take your WAG to Harrods to buy another new Luis Vuitton bag instead like in England.

I salute the US mentality. Meanwhile, England collapse like a card house no matter the sport male or women. What happened to pride or have we all turned out to be totally crap?

Finny, you are right about the American mentality. We just don't expect to lose. Perhaps pata finds that  irritating but I doubt many could have done what our fair lasses did today. We lost near every "match" with you lot 235 years ago but we won the championship in the end.

You are being a rather harsh about England. Just wait until the next go round against some new fascist. England will be strong, no doubt. You know, we learned it from you guys.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Lighthouse

Being English means being proud of losing from a winning position. We gave our all, we are brave, we have heart. We lose an awful  lot. We seem to find winning awfully bad taste. When we DO win, we go on a bender ( get drunk) for weeks.

Being American means defeat what defeat? Americans have never been beaten at anything. Except when they are and they prefer not to talk of the disgrace. They snatch victory from defeat. They shoot everybody, even people on their side.