https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - News Of The World

Started by Lighthouse, July 07, 2011, 04:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Rumours suggest it closes after Sunday edition  078.gif

Now confirmed
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

Shite paper, but it will put a lot of people out of work  :046:

ImperialWhite

Not just rumours - straight from the horse's mouth.

But I suspect Murdoch's being clever about it - newspapers don't die that easy.

News International are pleased to announce the launch of.... The Sunday Sun - more nudey ladies, less boring news!

TonyGilroy

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 07, 2011, 04:48:58 PM

I'm sure they'll be offered employment in a few weeks when the Super Soaraway Sunday Sun is launched.

Lighthouse

Yep I agree that people are going to be made to suffer for the bosses decision. Newspapers are losing money and this gives Murdoch a good excuse to close it. But the people who are responsible will get away with it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

White Noise

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 07, 2011, 04:52:59 PM

I'm sure they'll be offered employment in a few weeks when the Super Soaraway Sunday Sun is launched.

Thats got to be the plan. NOTW too tarnished a brand. New paper, new start etc.

CULTUREVULTURE

Quote from: White Noise on July 07, 2011, 05:01:45 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 07, 2011, 04:52:59 PM

Thats got to be the plan. NOTW too tarnished a brand. New paper, new start etc.

The Sunday Sun. It's so obvious. Tits and football on a sunday utilising an already established brand. They'll clean up. Let's just hope that closing the NOW is not an effective firewall for the rest of the Murdoch empire.

Mr_Moon

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2011/jun/28/newsinternational-rebekahwade

News International has created what it calls a "managing editor structure" at its four newspapers in what appears to be a move towards a form of integration of daily and Sunday titles.

According to a press release, these "unique new roles will support editors in the implementation of editorial integration and redefine the way in which editorial budgets are allocated and spent."

But the real story is indicated by the quotes from Wapping's chief executive, Rebekah Brooks.

This was published last week

sipwell

200 people will possibly lose their job (even though Murdoch said they would be reallocated). I guess more people in less public functions lose their jobs as well.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

CULTUREVULTURE

Quote from: sipwell on July 07, 2011, 05:49:56 PM
200 people will possibly lose their job (even though Murdoch said they would be reallocated). I guess more people in less public functions lose their jobs as well.

A small price to pay for the NOWs vile lack of values.

Mr_Moon

Twitter classic...

News of the World' was never a particularly accurate title anyway, unless The World is located up Cheryl Cole's minge.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on July 07, 2011, 06:07:38 PM

Not a small price for the blokes working in the print or the van drivers etc when they could up losing their houses, I'm sure the top knobs there wont be changing thier lifestyle, so it's the small fella who is going to hurt in this, Murdoch may lose £20 million, but that would  be like me or you losing your wallet, a pain in the arse but no real harm done.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 07, 2011, 06:46:43 PM

Not a small price for the blokes working in the print or the van drivers etc when they could up losing their houses, I'm sure the top knobs there wont be changing thier lifestyle, so it's the small fella who is going to hurt in this, Murdoch may lose £20 million, but that would  be like me or you losing your wallet, a pain in the arse but no real harm done.

The print guys and the van drivers will be keeping their jobs - working for the Sun On Sunday.

os5889

I wonder if Mystic Meg saw this one coming?

Jimbobob

I always thought it was like the "Weekly World News".

However they did have rather nice post match photos - I really liked seeing them.

http://weeklyworldnews.com/
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Travers Barney

One of the Jam's poorer efforts compared to the likes of 'to be someone' or 'private hell'

We are the whites
We are the whites

HatterDon

If we could only purge ourselves of Murdoch's "vile lack of values" on these shores.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel