watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army

Started by bog, July 12, 2011, 08:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Morning all. Has anyone read the book 'I Was Born a Loose Cannon' by Rodney Marsh? I found it ot be a good read. Saw his debut goal against Aston Villa and what a goal it was.... 

TonyGilroy

I remember the goal as well but haven't read the book. I doubt Rodney has either.

A great player for QPR but frankly a waste of space and money as far as FFC is concerned. Never gave anything to the club or seemed to care.

Show pony when young and unfit joker when he returned.

WhiteJC

I saw him at Motspur Park a while ago, apparently he still regularly goes there

CorkedHat

I don't know whether it is in the book because I haven't read it, but the story I love most about Rodney Marsh is when Alf Ramsey told him on his England debut – I'll play you for the first forty-five minutes but if you're no good I'll pull you off at half time.
"Blimey", says Marsh, "At Man City all we get is an orange."
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

The Equalizer

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 12, 2011, 09:14:26 AM

I've seen him getting off the tube at Putney Bridge and walking to the ground on 3 or 4 occasions.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

epsomraver

When interviewed always remembers his Man City days, has amnesia about his Fulham days, bit of a tosser really.

bog

Evening all. To those who don't speak to kindly of Rodney I suggest you read this book. Yes Corked Hat that was in there! Apparently Peter Storey nearly wet himself when he said it. He speaks especially warmly of Vic Buckingham...not! I found it a good read...but what do I know?     

leonffc

Quote from: The Equalizer on July 12, 2011, 10:46:02 AM
Quote from: WhiteJC on July 12, 2011, 09:14:26 AM

I've seen him getting off the tube at Putney Bridge and walking to the ground on 3 or 4 occasions.

I saw him in The white horse in Parsons Green (apparently he lives around there) one match day the season before last.
Ironically it was a match day vs Man City (see Epsomraver's comment above)

HatterDon

He has a great reputation on this side of the pond. He's done a lot over the years to help grow the sport in the USA.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel