watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are there no Finnish Whites?

Started by FatFreddysCat, July 07, 2011, 01:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

After Niemi, aand the very successful Litamen and Kuqi loans i'd have thought we'd at least have 1.

The Equalizer

Airfix is thinnish - does that count?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

sipwell

We have "Finn" as well. Sometimes his mood seems to imply he hasn't seen the sun for a long time, just like the majority of Fins.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: sipwell on July 07, 2011, 01:26:25 PM
We have "Finn" as well. Sometimes his mood seems to imply he hasn't seen the sun for a long time, just like the majority of Fins.
But at the moment they have 24 daylight, and it was baking hot when i first went there.

sipwell

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 07, 2011, 01:29:36 PM
Quote from: sipwell on July 07, 2011, 01:26:25 PM
But at the moment they have 24 daylight, and it was baking hot when i first went there.

That's why I used the word "sometimes". *puts on sunglasses* :P
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

FatFreddysCat

And talking about Airfix has he not started to put the weight back on yet? Also any Danes?

The Equalizer

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 07, 2011, 01:33:44 PM
And talking about Airfix has he not started to put the weight back on yet? Also any Danes?

He was back drinking Staropramen at the last Runavik game. First time he's had a drink since November. And it showed when he left the pub!  :airfix:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The King

You shouldn't forget Toni Kallio, the best CB ever at Fulham bar Brede.

theo

Its prolly too much of a fringe sport out there, if it's not done on ice or snow it's just not worth watching for them. :)

Buc

Here is one Finnish White! And I guess we have more finns in here, hopefully.

HatterDon

Quote from: Buc on July 07, 2011, 03:11:47 PM

Howdy. Is Niemi still doing commentary on Prem matches out there?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Buc

Quote from: HatterDon on July 07, 2011, 03:19:49 PM
Howdy. Is Niemi still doing commentary on Prem matches out there?

Howdy ho! Yes he did commentary at last season but not often. Have you heard that nowadays he is part of the Finland's national football team as a goalkeeper coach?

FatFreddysCat

Hello Buc, good to see we have at least one, but you're miles behind your Scandie neighbours. How did you come to support Fulham? I was out there when we played FC Haka (did you go?) but stayed in Helsinki. The journey up had some beautifil scenery, lovely lakes etc.  Anyhow more importantly, do Finland have good sausages, and how much is a pint of Koff these days? I'm hoping we get FC Honka  in the 3rd or 4th round.  Just remembered i think there is one other, he ws telling us about our players on loan to Finnish clubs.

BalDrick

I've felt close to finished before, if that helps.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

The King

Quote from: Buc on July 07, 2011, 03:11:47 PM

Eine Finnländer here too! At the moment it's -26 degrees and snowing heavily. Pitches are frozen. I can't go out because there are two metres of snow in front of the door. Even if I somehow managed to get out, I would be immediately eaten by the polar bears that wander the streets. The 7km high mountains in the Lapland are the only safe place to go.

I too am hoping that we get drawn against Honka, KuPS or TPS. I'd most prefer HJK though, if they get eliminated in the 2nd/3rd CL qualifying round we could get drawn against them in the 3rd/4th EL qualifying round.

Buc

Hi FatFreddysCat! It's good to have at least one. I know you have much supporters from Norway or Sweden, but I know that you also have a few supporters from Finland. I've become Fulham supporter about 10 years ago when I watched Premier League from TV. I liked a lot of Fulham and just started to support. Not a classic story I think.  :003: I know you played agaist (Was it year 2002?) FC Haka, I wasn't there. I hope your journey was succesful. A pint of Koff is at these days about 4-5 euros. Sausage is almost a traditional food here so I think we have good sausages, not the best but still quite good. I'm also hoping FC Honka to the 3rd or 4th round, not only because it's from Finland but also because it's from Espoo (I live in Espoo and support also FC Honka). Welcome to Finland if we get FC Honka in 3rd or 4th round, but odds for Honka to get in the 3rd or 4th rounds aren't not big.

Buc

finnster01

Quote from: Buc on July 07, 2011, 04:57:19 PM
Hi FatFreddysCat! It's good to have at least one. I know you have much supporters from Norway or Sweden, but I know that you also have a few supporters from Finland. I've become Fulham supporter about 10 years ago when I watched Premier League from TV. I liked a lot of Fulham and just started to support. Not a classic story I think.  :003: I know you played agaist (Was it year 2002?) FC Haka, I wasn't there. I hope your journey was succesful. A pint of Koff is at these days about 4-5 euros. Sausage is almost a traditional food here so I think we have good sausages, not the best but still quite good. I'm also hoping FC Honka to the 3rd or 4th round, not only because it's from Finland but also because it's from Espoo (I live in Espoo and support also FC Honka). Welcome to Finland if we get FC Honka in 3rd or 4th round, but odds for Honka to get in the 3rd or 4th rounds aren't not big.

I think Mr FatFreddy is just about to immigrate to Finland after that description...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Buc

So we did not get a finnish club to the Europe League qualifiers because all of them was beaten. We still have one change if HJK lose to Dinamo Zagreb in 3rd round of Champions League.