Rafik Halliche Wants Out

Started by White Noise, July 30, 2011, 08:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.sofoot.com/halliche-desire-quitter-fulham-145303-news.html

Halliche wishes to leave Fulham

July 22, 2011

Comments (2)

The Cottagers defender of Rafik Halliche seemed delighted with the arrival of Martin Jol, the story of a chance to play again. But hope did not last long yesterday in the second round of the UEFA Cup Algerian international was not even on the score sheet for Fulham, despite the 3-5-2 set up. Hughes, Hangeland and Senderos are preferred in Fennec.

The player is given until mid-August to make a decision and any other tracks checker. And it may find a base as both clubs have publicly confessed a desire to engage, namely promoted Swansea and QPR.

After Ziani, Meghni and Yahia, another Taulier greens that may change clubs. At least he will go may not be in Qatar, Vahid it would be reassured.

Ron Sheepskin

That's terrible news.

How will we be able to cope when reading updates on facebook without 5000 "Where's Halliche?" comments from our loyal North African fanbase??

So long Rafik, and thanks for the memories. Oh, wait...
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Mitch

We didn't play 3-5-2....plus he was barely up to Stevenage/AFC Wimbledon standard. Let him go on a years loan to see if it helps him show his potential, then make a decision from there.

Tom

Great news! Ship him out and bring someone into the squad that can actually contribute. We have a long season ahead.
Fulham for life!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

He is a very good player and we got him cheap because he was injured last year,  he is still young ..24 ?? and is good in the air, he is very strong and has a good engine.  It is a real shame that luck and injury was against him last season.  I am sure the guy did not say he want to leave Fulham.   I know one of his country men and he (Rafik) has been very complimentary about the club in the Algerian newspapers. 

Mitch

Quote from: KCat on July 30, 2011, 09:21:03 AM
He is a very good player and we got him cheap because he was injured last year,  he is still young ..24 ?? and is good in the air, he is very strong and has a good engine.  It is a real shame that luck and injury was against him last season.  I am sure the guy did not say he want to leave Fulham.   I know one of his country men and he (Rafik) has been very complimentary about the club in the Algerian newspapers. 

He always looks like he's either going to win a fantastic header, but in the next moment score an own goal?

MontenegroWhite

Quote from: Tom on July 30, 2011, 09:12:25 AM
Great news! Ship him out and bring someone into the squad that can actually contribute. We have a long season ahead.
082.gif

mangoputney

I'm with Mitch, loan him out and make a decision from there
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

The Bronsons

He hasn't been impressive so far on his occasional outings, but to be fair he has hardly played any first-team football. I think a loan out for a season would be a good solution, then we'd be able to decide he was a Stockers or an Eddie. 

Jack Fulham

simplyfulham

Quote from: mangoputney on July 30, 2011, 12:10:42 PM
I'm with Mitch, loan him out and make a decision from there

Yeah I'm with you here too.

I remember he looked half decent in a tough Algerian defence at the world cup in 2010. Def something about him, but with Hangeland/Hughes/Senderos ahead of him, game time was always going to be hard to come by.

FC Silver Fox

I agree with Kcat,  a wise and charming lady (lethal combination).
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

just reminds me of the bloke Deirdre Barlow married.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on July 31, 2011, 02:43:16 AM
just reminds me of the bloke Deirdre Barlow married.

No Deirdre's bloke was a winger (not much pace though)

leonffc

Quote from: Mitch on July 30, 2011, 09:11:09 AM
We didn't play 3-5-2....plus he was barely up to Stevenage/AFC Wimbledon standard. Let him go on a years loan to see if it helps him show his potential, then make a decision from there.

He was a lot better than Senderos at Stevenage. I feel sorry for Halliche and don't blame him for wanting out. While he was never going to upset the H&H partnership, I think Baird was probably (deservedly) 3rd choice but to have that donkey Senderos come in and leap in front in the pecking order must be confidence sapping

CULTUREVULTURE

I've always been puzzled by Halliche. Was he a player Hughes identified or was he a left over Hodgson target?

Logicalman

Your choice I guess. There was a 6 week difference and nothing was reported prior to RH's departure that Rafik was being lined up by Fulham. All the talk up until mid July was that Wenger was interested in him only.

HatterDon

Quote from: Logicalman on July 31, 2011, 10:43:58 AM

Your choice I guess. There was a 6 week difference and nothing was reported prior to RH's departure that Rafik was being lined up by Fulham. All the talk up until mid July was that Wenger was interested in him only.

I think it was a Hughes move. I don't think Halliche was on anybody's radar before the World Cup.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ImperialWhite

I don't think we should let him go (unless we have a replacement lined up). Having three central defenders isn't enough when we could have another 50-60 game season. Hangers gets a red and Andy Carroll steps on Hughes' ankle. Uh-oh!

If Halliche wants time on the pitch than now's the perfect time to step up and show that he deserves it - it's not as if there won't be enough games for him to try for (but if he can't get a game when we play in the League Cup than he'll never get a game, so he may as well be released in this case).

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: ImperialWhite on July 31, 2011, 03:18:22 PM
I don't think we should let him go (unless we have a replacement lined up). Having three central defenders isn't enough when we could have another 50-60 game season. Hangers gets a red and Andy Carroll steps on Hughes' ankle. Uh-oh!

If Halliche wants time on the pitch than now's the perfect time to step up and show that he deserves it - it's not as if there won't be enough games for him to try for (but if he can't get a game when we play in the League Cup than he'll never get a game, so he may as well be released in this case).
Then Baird can play CB, his natural position, though i personally think he's to small and best at CM.