News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is this El Hamadoui the new Freddy Adu of the forum?

Started by os5889, August 03, 2011, 12:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Seem to hear lots about him, is there any real interest in the guy or have people been watching his youtube compilations and got a bit too excited?

Legitimate target of Freddy Adu?

twang

The way I see it, Jol knows El Hamdaoui inside out and the player is available. If there was genuine interest from our part it would have been a done deal by now.

sipwell

Quote from: twang on August 03, 2011, 12:32:10 PM
The way I see it, Jol knows El Hamdaoui inside out and the player is available. If there was genuine interest from our part it would have been a done deal by now.

An Italian side (Udinese) was interested but his wages were a big stumbling block. Apparently he wants 1,5 million euros net a year, MORE than he earns with Ajax (1,8 million before tax). That would be 27k a week (more or less). Add the transfer fee (5 million) and the bonus for his agent (apparently 1 million euros) and you know why not everyone is happy. Moreover, Ajax said he will never play for them again, so he can cash in without doing anything...

PSV is interested apparently.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

The Equalizer

Quote from: os5889 on August 03, 2011, 12:14:14 PM
Seem to hear lots about him, is there any real interest in the guy or have people been watching his youtube compilations and got a bit too excited?

Legitimate target of Freddy Adu?

No mention of He Who Shall Not Be Named on this forum thanks.  063.gif
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on August 03, 2011, 12:53:14 PM
Quote from: twang on August 03, 2011, 12:32:10 PM

An Italian side (Udinese) was interested but his wages were a big stumbling block. Apparently he wants 1,5 million euros net a year, MORE than he earns with Ajax (1,8 million before tax). That would be 27k a week (more or less). Add the transfer fee (5 million) and the bonus for his agent (apparently 1 million euros) and you know why not everyone is happy. Moreover, Ajax said he will never play for them again, so he can cash in without doing anything...

PSV is interested apparently.

I get the impression that we will wait until transfer deadline day, then offer him the £27k (he is very much worth it) and lowball Ajax with a bid of £2m. For the wages he is on atm, and their lack of money, they would be mad not to let him go.

elgreenio

they did just make €7m or so on Stekelenburg so can probably afford to hold out until January if they wanted.

Oh, and yeh he seems to be the new Freddy Adu
touch my camera through the fence

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: elgreenio on August 03, 2011, 01:44:04 PM
they did just make €7m or so on Stekelenburg so can probably afford to hold out until January if they wanted.

But lets face it, the longer they hold onto him, the less money they make

elgreenio

well yes, but they're in no hurry to sell him, especially on the cheap, he still played 26 games last season.

He's also got 3 years left to run on his contract, and clearly has a price as Ajax accepted a bid from Fenerbahce (pretty sure it was them, if not, x Turkish club). If we were to pounce i'm sure we would have pounced upon hearing that news and tabled a rivaling bid instead of letting him speak to another club in the hope that would fall through.

sipwell

Quote from: elgreenio on August 03, 2011, 01:44:04 PM

Don't forget that Ajax is financially in troubled waters. And as their manager had said he doesn't count on El Hamdaoui (he has not even been given a number in the A squad), he is dead weight, isn't he?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

elgreenio

Quote from: sipwell on August 03, 2011, 02:08:28 PM
(he has not even been given a number in the A squad)

did not know that. I still stand by the belief that had we wanted him we'd have had him when Fener were also in for him.

HatterDon

Why bring up Freddy? He has never been a point of focus on this site. That's all Offal material.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel