News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just when I was having fun I realized...

Started by finnster01, August 04, 2011, 09:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

the stock market went to hell whilst I was watching Fulham.  fp.gif
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Lighthouse

There comes a tipping point when I worry about my lack of funds and when I say sod it. When things go wrong and cars give up and ceilings fall in and look we have asbestos and oh dear that will cost you and every bloody day I get no return. Then I don't care anymore. But if I go down, I will take a few with me. ( HA HA EVIL LAUGH, LOADING GUN  090.gif)
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

the best thing about being fired at age 62 from the best job I ever had was that I was able to convert my 401k to a CD before it disappeared altogether, which it pretty much would have done had they fired me about 6 weeks later.

The stock market sucks. The people who manipulate stock prices suck. The people that fight so hard to keep the stock market pirates unregulated suck.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FC Silver Fox

I have a built in buffer to prevent me worrying about the stock market. Its called spending all my dosh on the kids' education.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

cebu

Who cares about the stock market - Bubba Smith died!   092.gif

NogoodBoyo

As a friend of mine said back in '08 - "don't worry, it's not fingerless gloves time yet."
Nogood "asking for an explanation, isit" Boyo

FatFreddysCat

The one good thing about being a council estate boy is not really giving a rats about the stock market. As long as the price of beer and pork products dont go through the roof, i'm as a happy as a pig that's a million miles from me.

RidgeRider

Quote from: finnster01 on August 04, 2011, 09:38:29 PM

it's just one day....on the bright side my phone actually rang today as rates continued to improve.  098.gif

ImperialWhite

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on August 04, 2011, 10:40:15 PM
I have a built in buffer to prevent me worrying about the stock market. Its called spending all my dosh on the kids' education.

I have a built in buffer to prevent me worrying about the stock market. Its called spending all my dosh on the kids' education beer and cheese.

:beer:

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: cebu on August 04, 2011, 10:57:07 PM
Who cares about the stock market - Bubba Smith died!   092.gif

Michigan State legend.... 
The Dude abides.

clintclintdeuce

The run on the market was incredible today.... had to reckon that was going to happen with the debt talks and the average defense companies losing anywhere to 10 to 50 percent of their funding.... and so it falls from there, as you can spot different scales falling from location of companies to resource production and so on and so on yadda yadda yadda....

The Dude abides.

AmericanJames

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on August 05, 2011, 04:58:41 AM
The run on the market was incredible today.... had to reckon that was going to happen with the debt talks and the average defense companies losing anywhere to 10 to 50 percent of their funding.... and so it falls from there, as you can spot different scales falling from location of companies to resource production and so on and so on yadda yadda yadda....

But it had to happen sooner or later, with consumer apprehension, rising unemployment and constant debt talks there is no wonder why the market took a turn for the worse.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Burt

So long as Craven Cottage is standing then all is well.

Ditch the MJ statue and things will be even better.

Logicalman

Quote from: finnster01 on August 04, 2011, 09:38:29 PM

It's been going that way all week Finn.

Looking at the stock graphs makes me recall that funny ad with the monkeys ... I like the boss lighting his cigar
Corporate Monkeys

DukeTyrion

The way I look at it, since my pension growth is linked to the stock market, is for a little while I get to buy shares at a slightly reduced rate.

As long as you intend to ride it out until the market returns to it's previous level, then there is no real issue.

The Equalizer

I'm gonna buy a shed load of CFDs on the FTSE in the next couple of days. It'll bottom out at about 4,900 I reckon and then will lift off again. Could be a nice little earner.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Blingo

Why pay the comms Eq when you can bet on them through a spread betting company and avoid the charges? Another advantage is that YOU can control the exit in seconds m8.
My eldest works for PROSPREADS here in Gib (If you listen to any of the descriptions on how to use the platforms you will hear his voice).

Logicalman

Quote from: Blingo on August 05, 2011, 10:38:10 AM
Why pay the comms Eq when you can bet on them through a spread betting company and avoid the charges? Another advantage is that YOU can control the exit in seconds m8.
My eldest works for PROSPREADS here in Gib (If you listen to any of the descriptions on how to use the platforms you will hear his voice).

isn't that the equivalent of betting on a bet? I just wish I was bright enough to understand it all and get involved.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Blingo on August 05, 2011, 10:38:10 AM

Not a bad shout. I've been playing on the simulator on IGIndex for a while and am so far up about £150,000. Just need to take the jump and do it for myself on small size contracts.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

epsomraver

Every time Robert Peston appears on the TV with his doom and gloom it all goes tits up! soon as he goes away all will be OK again.