watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

international players without clubs

Started by epsomraver, August 05, 2011, 02:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Real eye opener regarding the greedy bar stewards who are have missed the boat and hung on for the big pay packet http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14399073.stm

Nick the Swede

Not that we need them but Kingson and Upson are two players I really like
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

epsomraver

Kingson, you are joking? he really struggled in the prem, however I still think Thomas Hitzlsperger would be a good buy

Mitch

Some decent players there. I think it's unfair to include Campbell and Zenden though, surely they've given it up!?

LBNo11

...this bit made me chuckle:-

"Lots of players are going to have to take what's there. There's no money about. When you look at Spurs, nobody has arrived. That tells you everything"
Barry Silkman - Agent

Translation: "If 'arry can't bleed a club of it's money we're all doomed"

It may be a sign of the times, and I cannot really be sympathetic, there are many very competent hard working people from other professions that are out of work who have had to work for two or three years for one of these players weekly salary.

I hope players and their agents will take note and stop bleeding clubs and their fans with their obscene salary demands...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 05, 2011, 02:59:47 PM
It may be a sign of the times, and I cannot really be sympathetic, there are many very competent hard working people from other professions that are out of work who have had to work for two or three years for one of these players weekly salary.

I hope players and their agents will take note and stop bleeding clubs and their fans with their obscene salary demands...

+1 Mr LB sir.

Transfer fees are ridiculous and the wages divorced from reality.

How a nurse's annual salary get valued at the same rate as what an average footballer gets in a week beggars belief.

sipwell

"They obviously don't want to take a drop in salary but they will do as the days get shorter. At the end of the day, 99% of players in my experience just want to play."

Well, why not be realistic from the start then? LOL

Sometimes I don't get the reasoning of some people
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

epsomraver

There is no reasoning mate, it is just pure greed!

ghost

We had a bit of interest in Carew, but it came to nothing.

Hitzlsperger would be a good addition.