watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR any one here like Chris Evans?

Started by epsomraver, August 14, 2011, 10:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

I listen to the radio a lot and he has got to be the most irritating person ever to get near a mike, sadly and I never thought i would say this followed by Steve Wright who lately has lost the plot, constantly either talking over the music and even worse singing over it, his pathetic impersonations as well, he even talked over a film clip the other afternoon!

Rupert

Sadly, nowadays the cult of the personality is such that the likes of Evans and Wright think that they are more important than the music and that people tune in to listen to them spouting off to their posse of yes men.

I recall, back in the 1980s, listening to a bloke called Ray Moore on radio 2, he did the 6-8am shift and I had a clock radio to wake me up, it was a civilised way to start the day. He was a very funny man (anyone who can make you laugh a few moments after waking up is, by definition, a comic genius), but also a very humble one and his shows were never ever about him. He used to tell his listeners that if they were alone, he was there for them, and they believed him.
He was diagnosed with throat cancer in the end, never let on to the listeners, kept broadcasting until he detected his voice was going (we never did) than was denied a final "goodbye" broadcast by whatever idiot controlled radio 2 in those days on the grounds that it would have been too emotional. Like he would have been that unprofessional!
He wrote his autobiography before he died, a superb read.

Chris Evans? Pfff!
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

FatFreddysCat

I used to listen to him about 20 years ago on saturday mornings on LBC (i think) he was unknown then and his show was superb. Since he's became famous i think he's a bit of a prat, but made millions so fair play to him. I hear he may be joing the Risse brothers, Sidders, Gegov at Fulham .

epsomraver

The Equalizer

Listen to BBC 6Music instead. Best radio station out there. The breakfast show with Sean Keaveny is required listening, he's absolutely hilarious and the music he plays is superb.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

epsomraver

Quote from: The Equalizer on August 14, 2011, 02:07:58 PM
Listen to BBC 6Music instead. Best radio station out there. The breakfast show with Sean Keaveny is required listening, he's absolutely hilarious and the music he plays is superb.

i will try it, since wogan went there has been a void in the mornings.

OtterFFC

Danny Baker is my hero - nobody has made me laugh more over the last 25 years.  I like Chris Evans, he is upbeat and positive.  Steve Wright should be shot.

Scrumpy

I like Chris Evans, along with about 12 million others. I find him generous, funny, positive and up-beat. His is the most listened to Breakfast Show in the UK.

Nuff said.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: OtterFFC on August 14, 2011, 07:35:00 PM
Danny Baker is my hero - nobody has made me laugh more over the last 25 years.  I like Chris Evans, he is upbeat and positive.  Steve Wright should be shot.

Did you hear Danny Baker's Desert Island Disc show? Worth checking out.

White Noise

Chris Evans is the most talented broadcaster of his generation and a nicer bloke than he used to be. But then he used to be pretty crap as a human being.

The best period of radio I have heard was when Chris Evans had his morning show Radio London with his old missus Carol and Jonathan Ross' old producer Andy which was then followed by Danny Baker who was then followed by Chris Morris. Evans had items like 'London's Loudest Humming Thing' & 'Where The Hell Is Handy', Baker had things like 'Naked London' and Morris had 'The Feedback Report' and other stuff - anyone remember those shows!

Dragoman

I remember Danny Baker and Danny Kelly having a Saturday morning show on Talk Radio, I think, before it became TalkSPORT. Although the main theme was football they soon digressed into all sorts of off the wall topics, some of which were hilarious. For some reason, possibly their irreveverence towards the station's broadcasting code, they fell foul of the  bosses and the show was cancelled. A great pity.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Raver,  you will just have to learn to embrace him ( metaphorically of course) .....................because 
G!NGER is the new Black n' White  064.gif 064.gif 064.gif