watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Entreprenuerial challenge - last of the big spenders

Started by richie17, August 17, 2011, 12:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richie17

How would you grow £50?  I put a fiver on the 0-0 against Villa and this got me £50.  Having recently watched the Apprentice, in which Lord Sugar insisted his candidates reinvest their earnings to grow them, then do the same over and over, I am feeling an urge to do the same.  Maybe I will end up as wealthy as he is. I'm not selling umbrellas at Covent Garden though.

So what would you do with £50 to make it into more than £50?  I was thinking of a couple of shares but perhaps that should be when I've grown the money a bit more.  Get something of value and put it on ebay?  What though?  Any ideas?  You'll be remembered when I'm a Lord.  Not rewarded, but remembered.

Jimpav

Quote from: richie17 on August 17, 2011, 12:18:50 PM
How would you grow £50?  I put a fiver on the 0-0 against Villa and this got me £50.  Having recently watched the Apprentice, in which Lord Sugar insisted his candidates reinvest their earnings to grow them, then do the same over and over, I am feeling an urge to do the same.  Maybe I will end up as wealthy as he is. I'm not selling umbrellas at Covent Garden though.

So what would you do with £50 to make it into more than £50?  I was thinking of a couple of shares but perhaps that should be when I've grown the money a bit more.  Get something of value and put it on ebay?  What though?  Any ideas?  You'll be remembered when I'm a Lord.  Not rewarded, but remembered.

Buy some seeds and then sell the plants on at a farmers market/boot fair.

I bought a pack of tomato seeds for about £1 and they have spawned 20 healthy plants that I've given to friends and family - if I had the space I could have done a lot more. The baby plants sell for £2-3 each in B&Q/Homebase so even if you sold them at a £1 each you would make a good return.

You're Hired.

AlFayedsChequebook

Loan Sharking?

In a matter of weeks you could turn that £50 into £500!

finnster01

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 17, 2011, 12:33:49 PM
Loan Sharking?

In a matter of weeks you could turn that £50 into £500!

Assuming you have a way to collect that is.
Suggest you lend 40 quid and spend 10 on a baseball bat.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

MJG

So buy 5 box's of Coca Cola from tesco's (24x330ml) for £8.85 each (£44.25).
Take them up to a tourist trap in London sell from £1.25, which would give you a profit of £105.75.

Good luck

TheDaddy

May i suggest opening your own bank and racking in the money in bank charges £209 quid the checky blighters have charged me !

Trying to get a response off them is a nightmare £100 quid for being a day late in two D/Ds.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "