https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Carlos Bocanegra joins Glasgee Rangers

Started by FatFreddysCat, August 17, 2011, 10:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Good to see him join the better half of town  :54:

CULTUREVULTURE

Saying that Rangers is the better half of the town is like saying syphillis is better than herpes!!!!

HatterDon

that's quite a step down from Ligue1. Having said that, this is ONE American who knows how to give it large when the thugs come to town. They won't kick lumps off him like they've done to other Yanks in the SPL.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Bronsons

Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on August 17, 2011, 10:49:25 PM
Saying that Rangers is the better half of the town is like saying syphillis is better than herpes!!!!

It is. You can cure syphilis.

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 17, 2011, 10:25:58 PM
Good to see him join the better half of town  :54:

There are no good halves in Glesga  092.gif
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

cebu

After the time in France, he has no chance at understanding this strange new foreign language.  :022:

Tom

Now three American national team players playing for the Rangers now.
Fulham for life!

nevzter

Where the hell did this move come from?  I didn't even know he was rumored to be leaving France.  Goodbye delicious cuisine, Mr. Bocanegra, and hello haggis!!!!
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

BarryP

Quote from: nevzter on August 18, 2011, 12:21:57 AM
Where the hell did this move come from?  I didn't even know he was rumored to be leaving France.  Goodbye delicious cuisine, Mr. Bocanegra, and hello haggis!!!!

I wondered if something was up when he was available for the US - Mexico match.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Nick the Swede

Quote from: Tom on August 18, 2011, 12:14:06 AM
Now three American national team players playing for the Rangers now.

Sadly that's not a good thing...
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

ffcwickford

:clap_hands:Well, now worth watching Rangers play again just to see Carlos - a good acquisition - well done McMoist!

I remember walking behind, possibly Mrs B, when at the Loftadome! She wore a Fulham shirt with his name and number on and then went into area for players and officials, was greeted like royalty and she was an absolute stunner!

FC Silver Fox

Strange coincidence that Boca gets out of St Etienne just as Steed arrives.  :49:
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

MJG

He has his faults but I always felt he left a season or two too early. Gave his all in games and got the odd goal as well. This will give me a reason to watch SPL football at least.

clintclintdeuce

Good move for rangers. Hell play in some very good atmospheres. Too bady they're still not in the cl.
The Dude abides.

elgreenio

Rangers fans on another board saying the fee is around 400k aswell, bargain. Good luck to him
touch my camera through the fence

mccscratch

Quote from: ffcwickford on August 18, 2011, 06:15:46 AM
:clap_hands:Well, now worth watching Rangers play again just to see Carlos - a good acquisition - well done McMoist!

I remember walking behind, possibly Mrs B, when at the Loftadome! She wore a Fulham shirt with his name and number on and then went into area for players and officials, was greeted like royalty and she was an absolute stunner!

I am confident enough in my manhood to say that it does not shock me that he had a stunner of a lady friend because Mr Blackmouth is a handsome dude... wish I looked like him...(and has his bank account...)
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

CarlosBocaRangers

hi Fulham fans, rangers fan here, just wondering what your opinions of Boca is? I understand he was a LB for you but he'll almost definitely be a CB for us.

Did he do well for you? Think he will do well up here? He played yesterday in the EL but I had to watch it on a bad quality stream and couldn't really see how he did

MJG

You have a good whole hearted player who can play left side of defence and even did well in CM. Chips with goals, maybe lacks a bit of pace.
A good buy for your team, I missed him when he left.

HatterDon

He needs to feature in your set pieces. He is an excellent header of the ball, especially flicking on from the near post. He's also tough as nails, so he'll fit right in the SPL.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

Good few years since he left us so i dont know how age has affected him, but at Fulham i liked him,but thought he was just a couple of inches too short of being a great CB and not really a full back.Should do ok up there, never really got embarresed according to my fading memory  in the Premiership, and i doubt you'll find a Fulham supporter with a bad word to say about him. Hope he scores the winner against Celtic  :54: