https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MOM

Started by Jambo, August 18, 2011, 10:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: JBH on August 19, 2011, 07:22:00 AM
Quote from: Oakeshott on August 19, 2011, 07:06:56 AM
"as for DM sorry but he has to be replaced soon fast becoming very inaffective."

Really? Perhaps it was just a coincidence that after he was substituted the opposition almost totally dominated the game. Danny orchestrates our play and we look lost without him.

Against mediocre sides he may but in the Premiership he will be a very weak link this season and if Im wrong I will happily admit it 065.gif

Murphy is still the conductor that the orchestra that is Fulham plays to. Without him we are somewhat lost.

HatterDon

I continue to smile at the fact that so many people think Murphy is our weak link. I don't understand it, mind you, but it makes me smile.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

gezkc

I thought Duff had a good game actually, but Briggs would be my man of the match.

The Equalizer

Quote from: HatterDon on August 19, 2011, 12:41:52 PM
I continue to smile at the fact that so many people think Murphy is our weak link. I don't understand it, mind you, but it makes me smile.

Not the weak link, but he has been off form recently.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

MOR :

My MOM's were
Kasami & Dempsey
Both played well...

MJG

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 19, 2011, 10:52:48 AM
Quote from: JBH on August 19, 2011, 07:22:00 AM
Quote from: Oakeshott on August 19, 2011, 07:06:56 AM
"as for DM sorry but he has to be replaced soon fast becoming very inaffective."

Really? Perhaps it was just a coincidence that after he was substituted the opposition almost totally dominated the game. Danny orchestrates our play and we look lost without him.

Against mediocre sides he may but in the Premiership he will be a very weak link this season and if Im wrong I will happily admit it 065.gif

Murphy is still the conductor that the orchestra that is Fulham plays to. Without him we are somewhat lost.
Could not agree more, last 20 mins we did not know what to do, but that could be partly down to who replaced him but lets not go down that road again.

SmithyFFC

Clint for me. Where would we be without his goals?
FTID

MJG

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on August 19, 2011, 04:32:24 PM
Clint for me. Where would we be without his goals?
I'm sorry but yes he got two goals, but just because a player scores does not make him MOM.
I would argue that apart from them he did nothing of any real importance. I like him don't get wrong but as I say no way was he the best player on the pitch, at least three or four ahead of him.

Thursby

QuoteI'm sorry but yes he got two goals, but just because a player scores does not make him MOM.
I would argue that apart from them he did nothing of any real importance. I like him don't get wrong but as I say no way was he the best player on the pitch, at least three or four ahead of him.

Isn't that the most important thing you can do?  :032:

MJG

Quote from: Thursby on August 19, 2011, 04:43:47 PM

QuoteI'm sorry but yes he got two goals, but just because a player scores does not make him MOM.

on that basis Mark's three good saves in the last 20 minutes make him MOM.

Thursby

Quote from: MJG on August 19, 2011, 04:45:34 PM

So you are saying that scoring a goal is not the most meaningful act in football?

goffc

This is where my head is.  mark for the clean sheet or demps for the brace.  yes others may have played great, but goals and clean sheets speak for themselves.

MJG

Quote from: Thursby on August 19, 2011, 04:51:20 PM

Isn't that the most important thing you can do?  :032:

So you are saying that scoring a goal is not the most meaningful act in football?
no im not saying that, but scoring a goal is not the total contribution to a 90 minute game.its the headline grabber yes, but for an overall performance the goalscorer(s) are not always the mom. And on this occasion I don't believe Dempsey was the mom.

MJG

Quote from: goffc on August 19, 2011, 05:00:42 PM

This is where my head is.  mark for the clean sheet or demps for the brace.  yes others may have played great, but goals and clean sheets speak for themselves.
so what your saying is that only goalscores or the keeper should be made MOM.

Thursby

Quote from: MJG on August 19, 2011, 05:00:52 PM

no im not saying that, but scoring a goal is not the total contribution to a 90 minute game.its the headline grabber yes, but for an overall performance the goalscorer(s) are not always the mom. And on this occasion I don't believe Dempsey was the mom.

I never wrote he was MOM. I am taking umbrage with the statement "I would argue that apart from them he did nothing of any real importance.".  As in somebody else had done something that was more important then scoring 2/3 of our goals.

Maidstone Lee

I'd have to go with Dempsey because of his two goal contribution but i thought Kelly, Briggs and Sidwell played very well. Kasami also put in a very good performance.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

MJG

Quote from: Thursby on August 19, 2011, 05:12:05 PM

I never wrote he was MOM. I am taking umbrage with statement "I would argue that apart from them he did nothing of any real importance.".  As in somebody else had done something that was more important then scoring 2/3 of our goals.
where do I say they were not important, he scored, apart from that nothing.

Thursby

Quote from: MJG on August 19, 2011, 05:23:47 PM
Quote from: Thursby on August 19, 2011, 05:12:05 PM

I never wrote he was MOM. I am taking umbrage with statement "I would argue that apart from them he did nothing of any real importance.".  As in somebody else had done something that was more important then scoring 2/3 of our goals.
where do I say they were not important, he scored, apart from that nothing.

I am starting to feel like I am in a Monty Python skit.  So let me just ask.  Was their something, someone did that was more important then scoring 2 goals?

MJG

The argument is that dempsey was mom, I don't believe he was the man of match even though he scored two goals. Mark made three good saves, Briggs contributed a lot during the game, Brede was excellent yet again, Duff covered a lot of ground and was involved a lot, Kasami started slowly but during the game was more involved than dempsey, even making making the cross for the goal and winning a number free kicks and corners, sidwell showed why he should start in front of Etuhu and crossed for Demps other goal, Hughes also scored and played his usual solid game and Murphy makes it all tick as was shown when he left the field.
So did any of them do a more important thing than score two goals ...no...but overall throughout the game some did more than Dempsey did that affected the game as a whole.
Right that's the end of that and will now follow the rule that only goalscores or if its nil nil the the GK can be mom.

Thursby

Quote from: MJG on August 19, 2011, 05:40:31 PM
The argument is that dempsey was mom, I don't believe he was the man of match even though he scored two goals. Mark made three good saves, Briggs contributed a lot during the game, Brede was excellent yet again, Duff covered a lot of ground and was involved a lot, Kasami started slowly but during the game was more involved than dempsey, even making making the cross for the goal and winning a number free kicks and corners, sidwell showed why he should start in front of Etuhu and crossed for Demps other goal, Hughes also scored and played his usual solid game and Murphy makes it all tick as was shown when he left the field.
So did any of them do a more important thing than score two goals ...no...but overall throughout the game some did more than Dempsey did that affected the game as a whole.
Right that's the end of that and will now follow the rule that only goalscores or if its nil nil the the GK can be mom.

Just for the record. I thought Aaron Hughes was the MOM.  I just thought you are being very dismissive of someone scoring a brace.  Maybe I was just knit-picking.  If so I apologize.