watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MOM

Started by Jambo, August 18, 2011, 10:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

FatFreddysCat

Obviously Dempsey, but Briggs was good.

Tom

Geeze, I read the thread title and thought this was about Riise. Briggs played well but it has to go to Dempsey.
Fulham for life!

clintclintdeuce

you score 2 times youre the MOM. Nice one Clint.
The Dude abides.

Laughing Spam Fritter

Difficult to pick out any individual as it was generally a solid team performance. I think the easy option is to select the double goalscorer. Clint played well but in my opinion didn't stand out. I thought what made the difference was Briggs and Kelly playing as wing backs always looking to come forward. As such Kelly played a key role in the third goal. Overall I'd agree though that Briggs was MOM.

MJG

Dempsey scored twice but no way was he man of the match, Briggs for me.

Basil

I would pick Kelly, constanty a threat and his crossing was good.
I actually quite like him, seldom plays, never moans. I think Jol prefers him to Baird, not sure I agree with this decision but useful to have at the club.

Ron Sheepskin

I thought only one player was dodgy, and at least he didn't come on until the second half!

Briggs for me. Gets more confident with every game.

Incidentally, I thought Murph's single best moment was off the ball - he directed Briggsy to get across for the short corner that turned into the opening goal.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

LBNo11

...Dempsey mixed it as usual but Briggsy was MOM for me, apart from a few early minor errors, he looks confident on the ball, and I love the way the opposing players bounce off the lad, a bright future ahead for the lad...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Fletchino

Arron hughes for me solid performance  back where he belongs and got fulham out of a sticky situation after a less than impressive start

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

The Bronsons

Good performances all round. Kelly caught my eye, mainly because he's so often dismissed out of hand. He played really well. Kasami could be good.

Only real disappointments were Etuhu (are the groans every time he misses a pass helping him much?) and Dembele, who was pretty (and) ineffective.

And Bobby really should have scored. He's starting to look a bit like he was in his first season with us - great at holding the ball up and bringing others into play, but turning down shooting chances and blasting the ball over when he does have a go.

ImperialWhite

Dempsey.

But in joint second place are Briggs & Duff and Kelly & Kasami. The two pairs worked very well together going forwards and provided an attacking threat from a position we're usually weakest in - the wings. Very very impressed.

Mr_Moon

1. Briggs, fantastic! Future England left back
2. Kasami, for a solid performance on his full debut
3. Sidwell, showing Jol why he deserves to be starting every week over Epoohu

Tktd

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on August 18, 2011, 11:24:36 PM
I thought only one player was dodgy, and at least he didn't come on until the second half!

Briggs for me. Gets more confident with every game.

Incidentally, I thought Murph's single best moment was off the ball - he directed Briggsy to get across for the short corner that turned into the opening goal.

I thought Murphy really came into his own with his marshalling and giving orders to other players today.. he was sigle-handedly responsible for encouraging kelly to bomb up and down the flanks more which kelly ended up doing to great effect.

horse1031

Kelly only got one cross in all night.  I think he is rubbish.  I know he doesn't get a run out very often but do u guys really rate him?  His footwork is slow and he doesn't have a clue how to defend.  Jol might play him again but I highly doubt it.  We will have a right back signed soon.  Briggs MOM for me.  Dembele didn't look fit to me.

JBH

Clint for me and a special mention to Kasami & Briggs, as for DM sorry but he has to be replaced soon fast becoming very inaffective.

Oakeshott

"as for DM sorry but he has to be replaced soon fast becoming very inaffective."

Really? Perhaps it was just a coincidence that after he was substituted the opposition almost totally dominated the game. Danny orchestrates our play and we look lost without him.

JBH

Quote from: Oakeshott on August 19, 2011, 07:06:56 AM
"as for DM sorry but he has to be replaced soon fast becoming very inaffective."

Really? Perhaps it was just a coincidence that after he was substituted the opposition almost totally dominated the game. Danny orchestrates our play and we look lost without him.

Against mediocre sides he may but in the Premiership he will be a very weak link this season and if Im wrong I will happily admit it 065.gif

WhiteJC

Quote from: JBH on August 19, 2011, 07:22:00 AM
Quote from: Oakeshott on August 19, 2011, 07:06:56 AM

Against mediocre sides he may but in the Premiership he will be a very weak link this season and if Im wrong I will happily admit it 065.gif

then we must be in trouble because as Oakeshott said we struggled against a mediocre side without Murphy