Previous topic - Next topic

Sheepskin Junior

I thought Murphy had a blinder for once. But it has to be Kasami for me
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

SmithyFFC

Quote from: MJG on August 19, 2011, 04:36:32 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on August 19, 2011, 04:32:24 PM
Clint for me. Where would we be without his goals?
I'm sorry but yes he got two goals, but just because a player scores does not make him MOM.
I would argue that apart from them he did nothing of any real importance. I like him don't get wrong but as I say no way was he the best player on the pitch, at least three or four ahead of him.

If he doesn't score those two we'd have only won 1-0. Leaving us with a tricky away game ahead. If he scores twice and does little else in the every game this season, I won't be complaining!
FTID

goffc

Quote from: MJG on August 19, 2011, 05:02:12 PM
Quote from: goffc on August 19, 2011, 05:00:42 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 19, 2011, 04:45:34 PM
Quote from: Thursby on August 19, 2011, 04:43:47 PM

QuoteI'm sorry but yes he got two goals, but just because a player scores does not make him MOM.
I would argue that apart from them he did nothing of any real importance. I like him don't get wrong but as I say no way was he the best player on the pitch, at least three or four ahead of him.

Isn't that the most important thing you can do?  :032:
on that basis Mark's three good saves in the last 20 minutes make him MOM.

This is where my head is.  mark for the clean sheet or demps for the brace.  yes others may have played great, but goals and clean sheets speak for themselves.
so what your saying is that only goalscores or the keeper should be made MOM.

No, didn't say anything like that.  yes, i believe that when someone scores a brace, especially in europa, it is a big deal and worthy of mom.  i also know that keeping a clean sheet and not allowing the away goal is equally important. 

my feeling is that those two are deserving for those reasons.  where did you see something in my post that suggests that only goalscorers and keepers get MOM?  i said at the beginning that "this is where my head is".  don't agree - fine. didn't ask you to agree...was just voicing my thoughts.  was i incorrect in thinking that was the reason for this post?

MJG

Ok Ok ok, I knew as soon as I mentioned Dempsey and it was slightly negative all hell would break loose.
Fine he did basically nothing else but did score two goals MOM, no scrub that player of the season already cause we all know how great he is because we keep being told.

P.S. I only saw him fall over twice yesterday so he's improving.  :hook:

watfordwhite

Kasami for me, I see a bright future ahead

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.548083,-1.852211
- Watford white
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goffc

Quote from: MJG on August 19, 2011, 09:00:40 PM
Ok Ok ok, I knew as soon as I mentioned Dempsey and it was slightly negative all hell would break loose.
Fine he did feck all but did score two goals MOM, no scrub that player of the season already cause we all know how great he is because we keep being told.

P.S. I only saw him fall over twice yesterday so he's improving.  :hook:

being demps, i am sure he fell over more than twice.  say what you will about demps.  i can't be bothered with that.  my reply was due to the fact you quoted me and said that i claimed only goal scorers and keepers could be mom. :dead horse:

luckylindy

Only player's WAGs can be MOMs.  Dempsey's W wins.   :021: