more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stephen Kelly

Started by zzamora, August 19, 2011, 12:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzamora

A big heads up to him.

looked extremely impressive, calm on the ball, got forward well and crossed extremly well, zamora shoudlve put away at least one of his crosses!

also did some great defensive work. I've doubted him but I firmly belive in him. Keep it up Kelly!
065.gif

but etuhu? 15 mintues of utter rubbish.  085.gif

ImperialWhite

I reckon Kelly will be our first choice right back from now on - Kelly and Jol worked together at Spurs, and he looked very impressive tonight.

NYCk

Huh? I think he's just being used in the Europa early stages as he was last time round. In first half where I saw him better from Putney end he got his runs & passess wrong a couple of times. Could be proved wrong, but can't see him being regular RB.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: NYCk on August 19, 2011, 12:14:23 AM
Huh? I think he's just being used in the Europa early stages as he was last time round. In first half where I saw him better from Putney end he got his runs & passess wrong a couple of times. Could be proved wrong, but can't see him being regular RB.

But did he make more mistakes than Briggs? Both got caught upfield maybe once or twice, if I recall rightly, but I don't remember either making too many mistakes.

HatterDon

Quote from: NYCk on August 19, 2011, 12:14:23 AM

He played RB pretty much through the entire Europa run. Once again, I didn't see all of the match, but what I saw was very good play. He's certainly an upgrade over Hughes in that position. I'd like to see him at RB with JAR at LB and H&H up the middle against Wolves on Sunday.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

clintclintdeuce

Looked extremly fast to me today. Didnt know he had that type of speed.
The Dude abides.

horse1031

Kelly couldn't get the ball from underneath his feet the whole first half.  I was hoping to see more from him.  I must have been watching a different game than you guys.  Briggs is faster, creative and younger.  Jol does not rate Kelly.

TonyGilroy

I thought Kelly had a really good game. If he'd been some new signing from abroard I think people would be very happy with Jol having made an astute signing.

I thought it was a clever team selection last night. Hughes or Senderos, Sidwell or Etuhu, Johnson or Kasami to support Zamora. Jol testing out some options. We even saw Sidwell and Etuhu together to see how we'd go without Murphy.

All of the players who came in did well which will make Sunday's selection interesting.

I assume Baird was injured or perhaps suspended. Does anyone know?

b+w geezer

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 19, 2011, 07:34:00 AM
If he'd been some new signing from abroard I think people would be very happy...
Always a interesting yardstick. Based on such slender evidence, most would surely be pleased with last night's full-backs and wonder if Dembele is out of his depth. Over a longer period these judgements are refined, but only fair to give (dis)credit where it's due till then.

richie17

I think Kelly's been much better than people think anyway. He played his part against Juve, was really good against Shakhtar (when a weak link in the back four would've seen us buried), set up a goal in Wolfsburg, and has done a decent job whenever called upon.  He's one of those valuable players who'll not let you down, but who doesn't seem to mind not playing every week.  You need those.

AlFayedsChequebook

Kelly also made 2 excellent defensive headers last night along with all his other good play.

I don't really understand all this 'he is shaky in defence' stuff - is this because he doesn't play often so people don't trust him? Did he make any glaring errors last night?

The Equalizer

I thought he had an excellent game last night. A couple of times going forward he could've made quicker decisions to launch the ball up the wing when we broke, and that did cost us a couple of attacks, but generally he was excellent. He whipped a couple of cracking crosses in too.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

HatterDon

I have a feeling that Jol decided last night, "Well, we have our depth at RB." With Hughes, Baird, and Kelly there, I think we can just concentrate on an additional striker. Kelly has always turned in a good shift for us.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Was not keen on him starting ahead of Baird as I wanted him at RB, but Kelly settled in and played well I thought. Since he joined he has been a good back up, but thats all he is, if we are to progress as a team he is not the answer.
As for Baird, I joked last night WBA are after him and then I also heard he had an argument with Jol over not playing in the villa game. Whatever the reason I hope its sorted out fast or at least we can get some info on him if its an injury.

Mitch

Nearly gave away a peno with a reckless challenge right at the end, but the player rode it and the lino couldnt see from his angle. Def penatly and we got lucky with it.

Sheepskin Junior

Apart from a couple of slips and misplaced passes he was pretty good.
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507