more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Video Games; Fifa, Football Manager 2012 etc

Started by MrFantastic, August 19, 2011, 04:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richie17

Quote from: elgreenio on November 02, 2011, 09:14:47 AM
managed to bottle the FA Cup final against Chelsea losing 3-0, now onto the 2nd season. MAF gave me a nice £31m kitty  :dft002:.

Iliev; Walker, Hangeland, Bassong, Riise; Fernando, Sigurdsson, Mariga; Ruiz, Bendtner, Tadic

Blimey, the Harry Redknapp of FOF.  I've bought two players: one a french forward who has a few of Zamora's traits, currently on loan in Scotland, and Adam Lallana from Southampton who hasn't played yet but who will replace Murphy.

WhiteMulberry

Quote from: MrFantastic on November 01, 2011, 04:24:36 AM
Is the game mainly statistics or do you see your team play sometimes there

you get to watch the games and it is about the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to football managemetn sims. You can download graphics (Club badges, Stadium backgrounds etc) and the match engine for watching the games is actually pretty good. The only thing i would like to see is real stadiums for the clubs, however i appreciate that is a tall order in terms of the memory that would require. Maybe one day though, i mean, look at how these games have changed inthe last 6-7 years alone, and also, think back to the old days of ZX spectrum management games, still at the time they were also a lot of fun.

Jonno

For all you youngsters out there (or even those like me that love playing these old games again) here is one of the original ZX Spectrum footy manager game - and yes, you can actually play it here:

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekplay.cgi?title=Football+Manager&pub=Addictive+Games+Ltd&year=1982&id=0001823&game=/games/f/FootballManager.tzx.zip&emu=3&aspect=3

Mr_Moon

2nd in the league with Werder after doing the double over Dortmund & Bayern.

On my housemate's game, Fulham have signed Chris Brunt for £13m

richie17

Quote from: Jonno on November 02, 2011, 03:42:12 PM
For all you youngsters out there (or even those like me that love playing these old games again) here is one of the original ZX Spectrum footy manager game - and yes, you can actually play it here:

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekplay.cgi?title=Football+Manager&pub=Addictive+Games+Ltd&year=1982&id=0001823&game=/games/f/FootballManager.tzx.zip&emu=3&aspect=3

I used to play that, Jonno!  My dad was always Crystal Palace, although in those days you got the same players whoever you were.  Kevin Reeves sticks in the mind!

Then you got something called Football Director where the players were fictional but it was a bit richer.

Then Championship Manager changed everything!

richie17

Quote from: Mr_Moon on November 02, 2011, 03:49:38 PM

where'd they get that money from?  I had to sell Stephen Kelly to Celtic to raise my Lallana fund.

Mitch

Still holding off from buying this. It really takes over my life, although in the long run, it could save me money as I won't go out drinking quite as much. Or is that just putting a positive slant on it?

Mr_Moon

Quote from: richie17 on November 02, 2011, 03:59:39 PM
Quote from: Mr_Moon on November 02, 2011, 03:49:38 PM

where'd they get that money from?  I had to sell Stephen Kelly to Celtic to raise my Lallana fund.

He is Cardiff (Cardiff fan) so it wasn't him and the transfer was in Summer 2012 so presumably tv money.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Mitch on November 02, 2011, 04:19:44 PM
Still holding off from buying this. It really takes over my life, although in the long run, it could save me money as I won't go out drinking quite as much. Or is that just putting a positive slant on it?

I'm a massive Football Manager fan but I've hardly played it bar on one Sunday. It's definitely worth it, could be one of the best in the series but it's not overly addictive (in a good way).

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr_Moon on November 02, 2011, 04:23:27 PM

I'm a massive Football Manager fan but I've hardly played it bar on one Sunday. It's definitely worth it, could be one of the best in the series but it's not overly addictive (in a good way).

Think of it this way - £26 is not many rounds down the pub.

Mitch

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on November 02, 2011, 04:35:15 PM
Quote from: Mr_Moon on November 02, 2011, 04:23:27 PM

Think of it this way - £26 is not many rounds down the pub.

I know. It's more about the time away from other pursuits. Plus I know the missus will go mad.... although that isn't necessarily so unappealing. My last game went into 2040. Fulham had a striker come through the academy in my 2nd season that went on to break all records ie 60 goals for England when he retired etc. Single handedly turned the club from what we are now to back to back Champs Lge winners. Could any other game ever top that?!

MrFantastic

Quote from: WhiteMulberry on November 02, 2011, 01:29:08 PM

you get to watch the games and it is about the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to football managemetn sims. You can download graphics (Club badges, Stadium backgrounds etc) and the match engine for watching the games is actually pretty good. The only thing i would like to see is real stadiums for the clubs, however i appreciate that is a tall order in terms of the memory that would require. Maybe one day though, i mean, look at how these games have changed inthe last 6-7 years alone, and also, think back to the old days of ZX spectrum management games, still at the time they were also a lot of fun.

Is this any extra money to download those things, here in USA there is nowhere to buy this game. I will have to order it online and pay shipping fees so it will cost more but I want to try it out.
My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

sipwell

Same here. I remember older versions of FM when I would feed myself crisps and port rather than go to the supermarket around the corner to buy some decent food or beverage. And nowadays with everyone having a laptop, you can even take your computer to the loo. I think this thread should be deemed illegal and deleted  :005:
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

MrFantastic

I checked out football manager site the game is 30 pounds to download that is around 50 dollars i think. Would this slow my computer down if I downloaded all the data without their CD or is it better to buy a game CD also they made the game for PSP but not for PS3 why not, i would like to play it on PS3 so I don't use all my computer memory and slow my computer down. I think I will buy a laptop and play only games on it there.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: MrFantastic on November 02, 2011, 05:08:33 PM
Quote from: WhiteMulberry on November 02, 2011, 01:29:08 PM

Is this any extra money to download those things, here in USA there is nowhere to buy this game. I will have to order it online and pay shipping fees so it will cost more but I want to try it out.

Nope, completely free. Most of the graphic packs are made by fans so there is a great online community. Some people make league edits so you can include leagues that originally aren't on the game in place of another e.g J League is regularly edited in in place of Chilean league. Last edition I downloaded an edit file where every player had been released from his club so it was a mad scramble for players. It's worth downloading training schedules too.

Also- Football Manager should be for the PC only! You'll have a much better experience.

Jack Fulham

You will still have to install all the data anyway if you get the cd so it's worth just downloading straight to your PC. You do it via Steam as well which means you can it on any computer with Steam although you'd have to install it on that computer as well.

MrFantastic

Thanks to Mr Moon and Jack Fulham I will download it and try it out the price is fair and I played manager mode on FIFA but it never seemed you are in control they use to have on FIFA a way so you can only watch the game and not play it now you can't do that anymore. I don't know if Football manager has a bench view from videos i have see it doesn't but it would be nice to have it. Like a pov style option view from manager's bench like real manager sees the game that would make a game more real to me.

Mitch

If you want a good site for FM then I suggest www.thedugout.tv. It used to be the bible to me.

Jonno

Say goodbye to a large chunk of your life Mr Fantastic!

MrFantastic

there is also FIFA Manager coming out did anyone ever play FIFA manager and which game is better in your opinion if you did play it