watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Video Games; Fifa, Football Manager 2012 etc

Started by MrFantastic, August 19, 2011, 04:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elgreenio

You'd be surprised just how dedicated the football manager researchers are. If they're a decent player on fm, they're not far from it in real life (unless they play for newcastle or southampon as their researchers simply manipulate players to be outstanding in the game).

Not saying it's flawless of course, but I can think of worse ways to find out the abilities of a player

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence

cottage cheese

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 21, 2012, 05:20:56 PM
Anyone who is over the age of 21 who plays computer games, needs to grow up and get a life
:hook:

And as for those who think we should sign such and such because they are good on football manager really needs to grow a brain ;-)
#

how do u think big sam manages to get by?

alexbishop

Quote from: elgreenio on August 21, 2012, 05:26:27 PM
You'd be surprised just how dedicated the football manager researchers are. If they're a decent player on fm, they're not far from it in real life (unless they play for newcastle or southampon as their researchers simply manipulate players to be outstanding in the game).

Not saying it's flawless of course, but I can think of worse ways to find out the abilities of a player

It's true, they have their own scouting team who research players and they have links with actual club scouts too over Europe. It's not obviously 100% accurate but its not unusual for young players to develop to great players in the game and for the same to happen in real life. Of course it's not a hard fast rule but Kasami develops into an amazing player in FM after a few seasons so fingers crossed ;)
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

SouthfieldWhite

A player might have a good season while the game is being made, doesn't mean he will be good any of the following years. Not saying they don't research the players, I do understand how it works,

elgreenio

Quote from: alexbishop on August 21, 2012, 05:34:57 PM

It's true, they have their own scouting team who research players and they have links with actual club scouts too over Europe. It's not obviously 100% accurate but its not unusual for young players to develop to great players in the game and for the same to happen in real life. Of course it's not a hard fast rule but Kasami develops into an amazing player in FM after a few seasons so fingers crossed ;)

Not scouting team, but head and assistant researchers (for which I am Fulham's) who have a bucket load of data to get through. Obviously there is an individuals opinion but nothing goes a miss with the amount of us about to watch all levels of the game and all players within it.

alexbishop

Quote from: elgreenio on August 21, 2012, 05:47:34 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on August 21, 2012, 05:34:57 PM

Not scouting team, but head and assistant researchers (for which I am Fulham's) who have a bucket load of data to get through. Obviously there is an individuals opinion but nothing goes a miss with the amount of us about to watch all levels of the game and all players within it.

Sorry by scouting team I was getting at 'researchers' but scouting team sounded cooler haha

Sounds like a great (but hard) job. do you have links with club scouts?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

ffcitaly

what do you think of the battle between Fifa and PES?
I prefer Fifa,it's more realistic while PES seems to much an arcade game.

The King

Oh the days when PES was the realistic one and FIFA the not-so-realistic one. PES dominated the football scene up to PES 6, which is probably the best ever football game.

fulhamfan

Quote from: Legate21 on August 21, 2012, 04:05:39 PM
Quote from: fulhamross on August 21, 2012, 12:02:02 PM
counter-strike 1.6

/end

This takes me back to when I was 13-14 year old. Pretty much played the game from the minute I got home from school to when I went back to school the next day. Seems so sad now, but it was just incredible. Probably the best game I've ever played. Still would love to play now if I could find the time.

so good wasnt it. all the kids going on about COD nowadays, they dont know what they are on about.

well counterstrike is out today for xbox on xbox live for 1200 points. i cant wait.gonna be crap at it as im not good at FPS's on consoles

King_Crud

Quote from: The King on August 22, 2012, 02:30:56 PM
Oh the days when PES was the realistic one and FIFA the not-so-realistic one. PES dominated the football scene up to PES 6, which is probably the best ever football game.

PES 4 for me. But I can't get into FIFA, there just seems way too much to do to be good at it, and PES has been crap for years. So no football games for me anymore, which is a shame as it was all I played for years

TWFL

Quote from: King_Crud on August 22, 2012, 04:37:08 PM

PES 4 for me. But I can't get into FIFA, there just seems way too much to do to be good at it, and PES has been crap for years. So no football games for me anymore, which is a shame as it was all I played for years
PES 3 and 4 were big for me, great games. Used to play the first ones when they were called like ISO or some weird thing like that, struggle to find time to bother now.

cottage cheese

Quote from: fulhamross on August 22, 2012, 02:46:49 PM
Quote from: Legate21 on August 21, 2012, 04:05:39 PM
Quote from: fulhamross on August 21, 2012, 12:02:02 PM
counter-strike 1.6

/end

This takes me back to when I was 13-14 year old. Pretty much played the game from the minute I got home from school to when I went back to school the next day. Seems so sad now, but it was just incredible. Probably the best game I've ever played. Still would love to play now if I could find the time.

so good wasnt it. all the kids going on about COD nowadays, they dont know what they are on about.

well counterstrike is out today for xbox on xbox live for 1200 points. i cant wait.gonna be crap at it as im not good at FPS's on consoles

er actually mate, the original call of duty smashes half life out of the way. That game is in the league of goldeneye etc. So when you say kids with cod these days.....remember half life only came out pretty much 2 years before and didnt really take off (globally) till it hit the xbox in 2003 (the same year as cod and was blown out of the water)

The King

Call of Duty 1 is Call of Duty 1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare episode 666 is crap. They are completely different games.

King_Crud

Quote from: TWFL on August 22, 2012, 05:14:00 PM
Quote from: King_Crud on August 22, 2012, 04:37:08 PM

PES 3 and 4 were big for me, great games. Used to play the first ones when they were called like ISO or some weird thing like that, struggle to find time to bother now.

International Super Star Soccer Pro 2 (ISS Pro 2) on on the PS1

ffcitaly

I'm also quite a fan of COD Modern Warfare,especially the last one.Excellent to play online.I also like Battefield but not online.

fulhamben

boaderlands is a great game. very much like fallout but with more and better action
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

valdeingruo

Has anyone accomplished a top flight title/cup run with a majority of the players consisting of academy/ national players?   Ie. Fulham with 9-10 English players first team.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

elgreenio

Football Manager 2014 beta out now for those interested

valdeingruo

Quote from: elgreenio on October 16, 2013, 04:38:22 PM

Really appreciate the notice, how is fm treating you lately?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

elgreenio

Quote from: andersons11 on October 16, 2013, 10:36:00 PM
Quote from: elgreenio on October 16, 2013, 04:38:22 PM

Really appreciate the notice, how is fm treating you lately?

had access to the beta for some time now and it's taken me a season to get to grips with the tactics and decided that it's all pretty much screwed if you dont play with a DM. 2nd season going reasonably well, mid table and in the league cup semi's. Riether and Dejagah really are amazy down the right.