watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Carlton Cole

Started by Oakeshott, August 19, 2011, 09:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakeshott

According to a friend well connected at West Ham, we have agreed to buy Cole for £3.5m.

Mr Fulham

Good bit of business IMHO, 3.5m is a fair price.

MJG

Matt

At least he can score at the Cottage...
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

HatterDon

Hmmmm, interesting. Perhaps Jol and Hodgson have one thing in common. Roy liked Cole as much as he liked Bobby Z.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

twitter and west ham forums say that we have had a bid turned down

jarv

Would make sense. Why would Fulham pay 8 mill for a player and have to put BZ nose out of joint. Cole will come in as a backup and accept that but also, will get a bunch of games.
In fact, 1 down with 20 minutes to go, put them on together. 082.gif

FatFreddysCat

No thanks he's an alledged rapist who paid to have the charges dropped.

twang

Hopefully the bid was turned down and we go back to Brum with an improved offer for Jerome instead.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 19, 2011, 09:51:32 PM
No thanks he's an alledged rapist who paid to have the charges dropped. Reminds me of the joke i got today. 

Fred 063.gif

Lighthouse

Oh please let this be a dream. A slow, old poor finisher. We are tempted with multi million pound players and get given Carlton Cole. No improvement just a poor mans Zamora.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tktd

I may be drunk but your friend talks shi***te if i'm being brutally honest.... even a championship team would pay more for him...

Oakeshott

Tktd

We'll know if it is well founded soon enough.

MrWhite

Hasn't jol formally denied having any interest in him?

Mr Fulham

Quote from: MrWhite on August 20, 2011, 09:07:19 AM
Hasn't jol formally denied having any interest in him?

He said something like "AT THE MOMENT we're not holding an interest" - which basically means "gooooosh yes we are interested but I don't want to comment".

mangoputney

I'd rather have Jerome!!! at least he's a grafter, a physical presence & can control - hold up the ball... Cole can only score against... FFC and there hardly skill laden moments of genius. We dont need another tempermental - confidence player firing blanks
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Mr Fulham

Cole is twice the player Jerome is.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Mr F you are correct Cole was gifted with the greater ability ...........but the train to glory left the station  and he was not on it 
(he was in the Hilton with his pal Titus )

We already had the best Cole and  we already have two ex - Chell players, that's more than enough.

ClarksOriginal

I'd have Cole over Jerome, but I'd rather have a proven goal scorer over Cole. Cole at £3.5m would be a good bit of business none the less.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

MontenegroWhite

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on August 20, 2011, 03:18:28 PM
I'd have Cole over Jerome, but I'd rather have a proven goal scorer over Cole. Cole at £3.5m would be a good bit of business none the less.

Same here!