watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Link to left back?

Started by Lighthouse, August 22, 2011, 12:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Fulham are in a battle with Aston Villa to land Moroccan defender Oussama Assaidi.
The Heerenveen left-back can also play in midfield and Martin Jol is said to be impressed with his versatility.
Jol is keen on strengthening his squad in the final days of the transfer window but Alex Mcleish at Aston Villa has similar plans.
Assaidi was eligible to play for Holland but he opted for Morocco and the 23-year-old has impressed European scouts since joining Heerenveen in 2009.
The indication is that the Dutch club are willing to sell and they hope news of Fulham and Villa's interest will spark an auction for him

TALKSPORT
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

Where do these stories come from? Why a left back, we now have 2. (plus the versatile CB) We do not have a striker who can bag 15+ goals or give us confidence in staying fit for the season. All very puzzling. :49:

dancrawford

He's a left midfielder/winger, not a defender by any stretch.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: jarv on August 22, 2011, 12:51:28 PM
Where do these stories come from? Why a left back, we now have 2. (plus the versatile CB) We do not have a striker who can bag 15+ goals or give us confidence in staying fit for the season. All very puzzling. :49:

Lazy Journalism probably, we are also linked with a Barcelona B centre back and we already have 3 quality CB's.

All talk of a new RB has gone quiet too which I'm dissappointed about as well as the striker
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

tomd

Calling Assaidi a left back is like calling Dembele a goalkeeper. The journalist that wrote this should be fired.

As a winger (left and right) he would be a great buy. Should cost arround 8 to 10 million euros though.