watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempsey gets called up for US National Team friendlies

Started by LordNelson, August 26, 2011, 11:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

and Agudelo and Altidore to start up front. We'd better beat the Ticos, 'cause Belgium is going to smoke us big time.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

CincyFulham1

I would like it much better if Clint didn't fly from London to California and back and then have play Sippwells boys.  He hasn't had a decent rest for 30 odd years, and the international break would be the perfect time to give him one.  I know Klinsmann need to get his squad squared away, but it's not like Clint is a unknown quantity.  I hope he comes down with one of those mystery injuries that keeps a player out of international competition, but allows them to start the next Prem match.  Probably couldn't keep Clint out of the international matches anyway.  REST THE DUECE!...and...CLUB BEFORE COUNTRY!

clintclintdeuce

Dont think we will lose to Belgium. I do wish that he was only called up for Belgium
The Dude abides.

HatterDon

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on August 27, 2011, 06:47:12 AM
I would like it much better if Clint didn't fly from London to California and back and then have play Sippwells boys.  He hasn't had a decent rest for 30 odd years, and the international break would be the perfect time to give him one.  I know Klinsmann need to get his squad squared away, but it's not like Clint is a unknown quantity.  I hope he comes down with one of those mystery injuries that keeps a player out of international competition, but allows them to start the next Prem match.  Probably couldn't keep Clint out of the international matches anyway.  REST THE DUECE!...and...CLUB BEFORE COUNTRY!

Uh, he has to fly back to Europe anyhow.

Oh, and if the rumors are true, the club he'd be too tired for is Paris St. Germain anyhow, so who gives a rats!

HatterDon

SI reporting that Deuce has backed out of the Costa Rica game with "back spasms."

For the first time I am actually worried that he's being transferred in the next couple of days.

TonyGilroy

He had that before the Wolves game and was a doubt.

I'd be very surprised if we sold Clint and staggered if a sale didn't involve seriously expensive players coming in to take his place.

SCFulhmFan

well we have less then 48 hours to square away any transfers, in or out, but can't see the club selling him.

LordNelson

Quote from: HatterDon on August 30, 2011, 01:44:11 AM
SI reporting that Deuce has backed out of the Costa Rica game with "back spasms."

For the first time I am actually worried that he's being transferred in the next couple of days.

Damnit to hell :014:
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 30, 2011, 11:10:10 AM

He had that before the Wolves game and was a doubt.

I didn't know that, Mr. G. That's comforting news. "Back spasms" is just such an easy thing to claim, even one day after you scored a goal and played 90 minutes.

Mr. F

Quote from: HatterDon on August 30, 2011, 01:44:11 AM

As soon as I read that I got worried as well.  Afraid he could be sticking around in London for a press conference instead.

@Tony Makes me feel a little better to know that

sipwell

Dempsey didn't look to comfortable in the game vs. Belgium, didn't he? Was absent most of the game and had a decent (but poor) shot in at the end of the game.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

HatterDon

He played a completely different role. I've watched 270 minutes of Klinsmann football and still have no idea what he wants to do with his five-man midfield or how it's supposed to interact with his lone striker -- ONE STRIKER AT HOME AGAINST COSTA BLOODY RICA!

Dempsey looked like he was pushed deeper and deeper as the match went on. We nearly got a goal on his early free kick, and then he never took another one. I don't understand what JK has on his mind, but it's clearly not working.

finnster01

Is it just me but doesn't Jurgen Klinsmann look about as charismatic as Avram Grant?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead