watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hughes,rats,sinking ship,relegation,rubbish,out,

Started by SHADY1, August 29, 2011, 10:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Bottom line....some of you just don't like Jol. Admit it. So you have no patience and won't give him a chance until we start winning and then you will have to run for cover and eat crow. Its SOOO much easier to be critical rather than find reasons to support the direction your team is headed.  S001.gif

Hughes had us in the relegation scrap and playing with no purpose, no plan B, tried to change too much etc., etc, etc....

Me-ate-Live, innit??

HatterDon

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 29, 2011, 02:13:20 PM
Bottom line....some of you just don't like Jol. Admit it. So you have no patience and won't give him a chance until we start winning and then you will have to run for cover and eat crow. Its SOOO much easier to be critical rather than find reasons to support the direction your team is headed.  S001.gif

Hughes had us in the relegation scrap and playing with no purpose, no plan B, tried to change too much etc., etc, etc....

Jack, if you don't understand the basis and substance of some of these comments, perhaps you should just let them slide rather than trivialize them and those that make them. It's sooooo much easier to say "you just don't like him" then actually evaluate what people are saying. If there's a silly 12-year-old in the schoolyard in this thread, my friend, it is you. Let the grown ups talk without heckling them. There's a good lad.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ImperialWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on August 29, 2011, 02:26:55 PM
Bottom line....some of you just don't like Jol. Admit it. So you have no patience and won't give him a chance until we start winning and then you will have to run for cover and eat crow. Its SOOO much easier to be critical rather than find reasons to support the direction your team is headed.  S001.gif

Jack, if you don't understand the basis and substance of some of these comments, perhaps you should just let them slide rather than trivialize them and those that make them. It's sooooo much easier to say "you just don't like him" then actually evaluate what people are saying. If there's a silly 12-year-old in the schoolyard in this thread, my friend, it is you. Let the grown ups talk without heckling them. There's a good lad.

No need for that! We have on record that Jol-baiter-in-chief , finn, dislikes them because he's ex-Spurs, for instance.

At least some of us Hughes-haters had the decency to wait until we were in the relegation zone before declaring it open season when discussing Hughes' basic ability to manage our football club...

SG

Bottom line....some of you just don't like Jol. Admit it. So you have no patience and won't give him a chance until we start winning and then you will have to run for cover and eat crow. Its SOOO much easier to be critical rather than find reasons to support the direction your team is headed.  S001.gif

My comments are nothing to do with whether I like Jol or not - I dont know him and I dont know how good a manager he is. His track record indicates that on balance he should succeed with time and patience. My concerns stem mainly from the clubs transfer policy which bewilders me at the moment and imagine that he is having at least some say in this, plus some rather confusing team selections which are undoubtedly his responsibility

Blingo

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 29, 2011, 11:43:44 AM
I would like to congratulate Mark Hughes for jumping ship.  He was the best thing ever to happen to Fulham and fully deserved to be given unlimited money for his short stay. Putting the club at serious financial risk would have been justified because Mark Hughes is one of the greatest managers in the UK, if not world, at the moment.

His leaving showed that Fulham have no ambition or desire to ever challenge for a league title, something Mr.Hughes was right to point to as a reason for leaving.

You really have no idea have you? what are you 18? 20? Whatever age you are you certainly have a lot to learn.

Steven......as much as I hate to agree with you, you are not too far out with your summary. The team is in a stage of transformation, as I see it, and things are starting to gel, but of course it all takes time. As Mr Peabody rightly states, because you can play Championship Manager, it in no way makes you a professional manager. People on here need to lighten up a little and give MJ a chance. After all he did not do too badly at Spurs did he?

JBH

God there are some drama queens on this board

The games v Villa and Newcastle who was voted man of the match in both

The Oppositions Goal keepers, nuff said

COYW

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on August 29, 2011, 02:26:55 PM

Obviously I have hit a nerve with you. Likely cause I speak truth. It's unbecoming to trivialize an opinion that the other lacks understanding, it is condescending, which is what your comments are, which is often the case these days, and hypocritical to the extreme.

Human behavior suggests nearly all opinions are based on emotion rather than logic and are only later supported by hand chosen logic to bolster ones opinions. You admitted yourself you don't like Jol because of last year when he was being looked at by Fulham, so you are conveniently forgetting that fact.

Maybe you should take your own advice or leave the personal attacks to Facebook or the official message board.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

....ah but Mr Biker man the whole delicious point about football you can dislike a player, manager or club for no good reason.

( of course I have a very good reason for despising the Spurts to a man and every man woman and child associated with Wolves.
For example I was really pleased we signed Davies but not so much Dempsey. It is not that I dislike Demps, his apparent lack of awareness of the threat from his opposite number, still grates though.  I just admire Davies' game more than his.  
Zamora I though was a great signing from the start but I still scratching my head re AJ, I have tried to appreciate AJ's contribution but ...........
I Liked sulky, moody  Mark 'Never complain and reluctantly explain' Hughes, but large sways of Fulham fan never warmed to him and if he had stayed would still feel the same even if he got us greater success.  
.....................and now there is Jol,  and so it goes ....................

RidgeRider

Quote from: KCat on August 29, 2011, 05:27:38 PM
....ah but Mr Biker man the whole delicious point about football you can dislike a player, manager or club for no good reason.

Totally agree. My intention is not to stop the 'Jol bashing' by the 'He-man Jol haters club', whose membership seems to be increasing, so much as for some to be honest they have NEVER liked him even before the first ball was kicked.

Truth is for me is I LOVED Hodgson cause I thought he was a bit of gentlemen and he did so much with so little and he had a clear vision and ethic that I found comforting, I had no time for Hughes (always thought he was a bit smug but he turned out to be a good manager) and I neither dislike or like Jol.....I'm sort of inert when it comes to Jol but I feel inclined to support him.

I also LOVED PK!  075.gif

barnes201272

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 29, 2011, 06:00:00 PM

Totally agree. My intention is not to stop the 'Jol bashing' by the 'He-man Jol haters club', whose membership seems to be increasing, so much as for some to be honest they have NEVER liked him even before the first ball was kicked.

Truth is for me is I LOVED Hodgson cause I thought he was a bit of gentlemen and he did so much with so little and he had a clear vision and ethic that I found comforting, I had not time for Hughes (always thought he was a bit smug but he turned out to be a good manager) and I neither dislike or like Jol.....I'm sort of inert when it comes to Jol but I feel inclined to support him.

I also LOVED PK!  075.gif

This is the kinda same feeling i have , I'm still waiting to see what he really does , It's still early and we have had Bobby out . So I will kinda hold my tongue on this . Don't get me wrong I have found some of his choices in line-up strange,  but he's the man that gets paid much money to make those kinda choices . But i will give him a few more matches before I call for his head.
For the love of Football , Beer , and Gretsch

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I also LOVED PK!   075.gif
Funny about that ...
I am listening to the killers  064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

The Killers - Human

alfie

Quote from: finnster01 on August 29, 2011, 10:15:08 AM
Totally disagree. I had higher hopes this far in the season. Unfortunately this is what happens when we have a manager who wants to change everything overnight just for the fun of it and now wants to sell Baird too? We barely can field a starting 11.

He is getting away lightly in my book.

Am i missing something here i have not heard Jol say he wants to sell Baird, or did he?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

HatterDon

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 29, 2011, 06:00:00 PM

Jeez, Jack, you're getting more infantile with each post. Perhaps YOU need to post elsewhere -- on Cottage Corner maybe -- instead of trying to quell discussion among Fulham supporters on this site. With the exception of Mr. Finn, I haven't seen anyone state that they even dislike Jol. Many of us have said that we're unconvinced/worried/skeptical etc., but that's hardly hate. Of course, you've always had a tin ear when it comes to the point of view of some posters here.

My point is, and was earlier, that the purpose of sites like this is to encourage give and take -- not to trivialize it and try to cut it off.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

Quote from: alfie on August 29, 2011, 07:51:53 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on August 29, 2011, 10:15:08 AM
Totally disagree. I had higher hopes this far in the season. Unfortunately this is what happens when we have a manager who wants to change everything overnight just for the fun of it and now wants to sell Baird too? We barely can field a starting 11.

He is getting away lightly in my book.

Am i missing something here i have not heard Jol say he wants to sell Baird, or did he?

He is being linked as part of deals. He hasn't been involved in anything before we got injuries.

I don't know what Jol has said or not, but the writing is on the wall and I for one will be pleasantly surprised if Baird is a Fulham player Sept 1, especially since we apparently have signed the Juve RB.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

We are 3 games in.

With a new manager.

With some new names in the team.

Lets not write off the manager, or our season, quite so early.

Keep the faith...

COYW!

SHADY1

we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

Peabody

I am really looking forward to the Blackburn game and see our new line up in action. Perhaps the International break is a good thing, because it gives everyone a chance to gel together and maybe give more time for \\\bobby to get over his injury. Best of all, we have kept all of the players that lots of people said we would loose.

jarv

Come on! Fulham added a 10 million pound man and top quality JAR to a team which finished 8th. That is what everyone was bleating about, A NEW STRIKER and a LEFT BACK. We have them now. (With Briggs in the mix we now have 2 left backs) I, like everyone else, is disappointed we don't have 4 or 5 points on the board but as someone else said, Villa and newcastle, great goalkeeping by the opposition.