watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hughes,rats,sinking ship,relegation,rubbish,out,

Started by SHADY1, August 29, 2011, 10:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHADY1

3 games in and I can't believe some of the things i'm reading.....

Lets get this straight Villa are a top 10 side with the squad they have certainly on paper ahead of us...
Wolves on a massive high from staying up and again on papre probably a very similar strength squad and don't forget we were away we know what happens..
Newcastle again away and once again probably expected to do similar to us...

SO a new manager rarely do things happen straight away especially here... give him time.
Injury to Bobby we know we don't score without him and that has been proved everytime he injured..

What were you really expecting at this stage maybe 3 pts from the Villa game so we are 2 points down on what most would predict personally i thought a draw  against Villa and a draw at Wolves so i'm 1 point down...

Get a grip... we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...
we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

finnster01

Totally disagree. I had higher hopes this far in the season. Unfortunately this is what happens when we have a manager who wants to change everything overnight just for the fun of it and now wants to sell Baird too? We barely can field a starting 11.

He is getting away lightly in my book.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

SHADY1

We all have higher hopes at the stat of every season but when you get poo on and have to start rebuilding again.
We keep batting above ourselves with the players we have based on others failing as much as our achievements ... many of those teams have gone through changes and are now getting settled again something we have to start yet again...
I'd love to have more points but from what i saw of the highlights we were a striker short yesterday nothing more ... that for me is the only disappointment its not been sorted yet.
The rest i stand by.

FulhamMic

Quote from: finnster01 on August 29, 2011, 10:15:08 AM
Totally disagree. I had higher hopes this far in the season. Unfortunately this is what happens when we have a manager who wants to change everything overnight just for the fun of it and now wants to sell Baird too? We barely can field a starting 11.

He is getting away lightly in my book.

Hughes did exactly the same and we were in the bottom three come Christmas yet most campaigned that he must be given more time.

Why can't Jol be afforded the same? (especially considering he's had three league games, sixteen less than Hughes)

MJG

Based on last season results against the same three teams we are 2pts down so are now playing catch up against even last season results and remember last year we had very very poor results against the top six clubs and if we repeated that, we would need to go on another great home run with the normal 2-3 away wins late in the season.
I would have expected/wanted  one win and a draw out of those three games at least when the fixtures first came out. Its been the performances for me which have been the biggest let down, ok yesterday for 30 mins at the start and when we were 2-0 down we started playing...but too late.
Stupid to say it even now, but given the fixtures we have in Nov & Dec , Blackburn at home is MUST WIN game, no excuses we must win.

SHADY1

Blackburn is a must win.... I agree and we will .....

FulhamMic

Villa was a good performance.

Yesterday was the best I'd seen us play under Jol. How many teams go away and dominate possession and lead in both shots on & off target?

The issue at the moment is out of Jols hands. The thiness of the squad and the injury to Zamora. The former WILL be addressed before Thursday and the latter will hopeful be sorted as soon as physically possible.

finnster01

Quote from: FulhamMic on August 29, 2011, 10:48:03 AM

Yesterday was the best I'd seen us play under Jol. How many teams go away and dominate possession and lead in both shots on & off target?

The issue at the moment is out of Jols hands. The thiness of the squad and the injury to Zamora. The former WILL be addressed before Thursday and the latter will hopeful be sorted as soon as physically possible.

And  079.gif

MJG

Sorry to disagree but Villa was not a good performance, flat as a pancake first half and then yes we improved but it was not good.

Peabody

You lot must be sick of me. But and this may upset a few of you, all sports rely on form, at the moment, we are not in the best of it but it will turn and then we will see. Also, this may surprise some of you but being able to play Football Manager does not make you an exceptional talent, because if you were, you would surely be managing a top team now. Believe it or not, on the football side, we have professionals in charge, you may not like it or indeed them, but they are our team and yes they earn more money than most of us could dream about. So, why not let them get on with things , wait until our form turns and then judge them.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Peabody on August 29, 2011, 11:09:11 AM
You lot must be sick of me. But and this may upset a few of you, all sports rely on form, at the moment, we are not in the best of it but it will turn and then we will see. Also, this may surprise some of you but being able to play Football Manager does not make you an exceptional talent, because if you were, you would surely be managing a top team now. Believe it or not, on the football side, we have professionals in charge, you may not like it or indeed them, but they are our team and yes they earn more money than most of us could dream about. So, why not let them get on with things , wait until our form turns and then judge them.

Yes Peaody we are sick of you :57: ...just kidding.  I agree with you about form playing a part,  but I think we have bigger problems at the moment.  We need a striker, RB and more depth.

finnster01

So where in the "Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent" spectrum do we really sit?

CincyFulham1

Quote from: finnster01 on August 29, 2011, 11:19:34 AM
So where in the "Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent" spectrum do we really sit?

If I had to hazard a guess I would say somewhere near the bottom.

AlFayedsChequebook

I would like to congratulate Mark Hughes for jumping ship.  He was the best thing ever to happen to Fulham and fully deserved to be given unlimited money for his short stay. Putting the club at serious financial risk would have been justified because Mark Hughes is one of the greatest managers in the UK, if not world, at the moment.

His leaving showed that Fulham have no ambition or desire to ever challenge for a league title, something Mr.Hughes was right to point to as a reason for leaving.

SHADY1

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 29, 2011, 11:43:44 AM
I would like to congratulate Mark Hughes for jumping ship.  He was the best thing ever to happen to Fulham and fully deserved to be given unlimited money for his short stay. Putting the club at serious financial risk would have been justified because Mark Hughes is one of the greatest managers in the UK, if not world, at the moment.

His leaving showed that Fulham have no ambition or desire to ever challenge for a league title, something Mr.Hughes was right to point to as a reason for leaving.

ha ha

FulhamMic

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 29, 2011, 11:43:44 AM
I would like to congratulate Mark Hughes for jumping ship.  He was the best thing ever to happen to Fulham and fully deserved to be given unlimited money for his short stay. Putting the club at serious financial risk would have been justified because Mark Hughes is one of the greatest managers in the UK, if not world, at the moment.

Superb!

ImperialWhite

Quote from: FulhamMic on August 29, 2011, 10:48:03 AM

Not sure about Villa, but agree entirely about Newcastle. We played really well - that kind of performance at home and it's we were good value for our 3pts as Hodgson liked to say. It was the performance I was worried I hadn't seen yet - get a striker and another player or two and we'll be fine, I'm sure.

Meerkat

Yes Mark Hughes was good if not aloof manager, but I notice he is still out of work.  I think the best Managers are the ones that can motivate players that are not your multi-millonare stars, like Hodgson did. Which ever way you look at it in reality Fulham will never challenge for a league title with all the huge ammount of money being thrown around in the Premership at the Man city's etc., :002:

HatterDon

I'm not sure it's a question of panic or being unfair to Jol. I do remember, however, when the schedule came out that MANY on this board were talking "top four in September with our soft start" and "12 points from our first four matches and then coast into October." Certainly all the people who felt so positive about our manager and our squad ought to feel just a LITTLE disappointed without being accused of treason.

It's a good thing we have Etuhu on the team. That way we can express displeasure with one Fulham employee and -- evidently still be considered true-blue Fulham. If, on the other hand, one expresses displeasure with Jol or even shows a scintilla of doubt, well ... .  096.gig
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SG

I have abstained from commenting until now on team performances and transfers to date as due to cricket committments I have not seen a game live but only on television highlights and internet streams from the Ukraine. But I have to say I am concerned at what is happening at our club - disjointed performances, confusing team selection and limited transfer activity. Some 12 players out and only 4 in, of which only one of the four is a proven player at this level. Deadwood out and with more to go no doubt but now little or no depth. This should reduce the annual running costs of wages by some £10m a year and looking at those transfers alone we are a net spender of some c£5m - but the obvious deficiencies in the team remain.

We talk of being 8th last season but just a couple of points less and that would have been 15th. There were many games which were won and lost by the odd goal so there is a fine line between success and failure in this league at our level. We need to remove our dependence upon Zamora and Murphy who totally influence our style of play. Without them in the team we are a reduced force and with them in the team premiership teams increasingly know how to stop us playing.

It is increasingly unlikely that we are going to bring in players in the next 2 days that are going to instantly or dramatically change this as it is seemingly evident that we are not going to spend big bucks. I think we will have missed a massive opportunity to consolidate the mid to upper table position of recent years alongside the established teams like Villa and Everton. Come May we may regret that and I find that so disappointing.