watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Papiss Cisse update

Started by NorthernWhite, August 29, 2011, 04:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke

'If we want Cisse we'll have to pay the price - we can't afford to end up with no one.'

Totally agree, this is the price we have to pay to move forwards as a club.
Here's Davies..... It's on, It is on!!

elgreenio

Could just go for Lukaku if we dont fancy Cisse  :59:
touch my camera through the fence

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: FulhamMic on August 30, 2011, 09:53:36 AM
Sky Sports sources understand Stoke City are in talks with Chelsea over a potential loan move for Romelu Lukaku.

Perhaps there isn't much substance to their link with Cisse?

Quote from: @Stevo_footballThought Lukaku said no loan as part of deal?

BalDrick

Sky Sports sources understand Stoke City are in talks with Chelsea over a potential loan move for Romelu Lukaku.

Perhaps there isn't much substance to their link with Cisse?

Or they have a Plan B?

What happened to Crouch, personally rate him?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Blingo

Put the money down and buy Cisse, the boy is TOP CLASS and we would more than get our money back further down the line.

Yarden

If we get Cisse I will Celebrate untill sunday! Whould really be amazing and should solve all our problems up front.
Him and Zamora up front, glad I`m not going to be the CB trying to stop that :011:

AlFayedsChequebook

According to Twitter:

Freiburg confirm four clubs have now bid for striker Papiss Demba Cisse. All rejected. Club still holding out for £13m #ffc #nufc #rubin

MJG

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 30, 2011, 12:20:42 PM
According to Twitter:

Freiburg confirm four clubs have now bid for striker Papiss Demba Cisse. All rejected. Club still holding out for £13m #ffc #nufc #rubin

just pay it and move on Fulham ffs

FulhamMic

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 30, 2011, 12:20:42 PM
According to Twitter:

Doesn't mean anything really.

Knowing how we do business, and the size of our club, with the mooted transfer fee it wouldn't surprise me if any bid we've made has been with the condition it must not be made public.

We've never actually been mentioned by Freiburg, only the press.

FulhamMic

The Lukaku deal has fallen foul of a Premier League rule stating a player cannot be loaned to another top flight club in the same window in which he signed for the parent club.

Stoke are now apparently in for Bendtner.

TonyGilroy

For Stoke rather than us to get Bendtner would seriously piss me off.

Unless, of course, we get someone better.

FulhamMic

Bendtner has scored 22 goals in 98 appearances for arguably one of the best attacking teams in the Premier League.

Hardly outstanding given the team he had around him, and not surprising he fell down the pecking order. It speaks volumes that Wenger puts Gervinho, Chamakh, Coquelin and Frimpong ahead of him.

I'd feel nothing if he went to Stoke.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FulhamMic on August 30, 2011, 02:57:52 PM
Bendtner has scored 22 goals in 98 appearances for arguably one of the best attacking teams in the Premier League.

Hardly outstanding given the team he had around him, and not surprising he fell down the pecking order. It speaks volumes that Wenger puts Gervinho, Chamakh, Coquelin and Frimpong ahead of him.

You'd feel nothing until he scored against us and Stoke relegate us to the Championship

FulhamMic

Any player we've been linked with who signs for another Premier League club will score against us. We are Fulham remember, that's the sort of thing that regularly happens to us. New signing gets their maiden goal, those going through a dry spell break their duct; it's just the way it is.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FulhamMic on August 30, 2011, 02:57:52 PM

1. he hardly played the 90 minutes, and had the odd five minute cameo ON THE WINGS!

2. Gervinho is a completely different player. Chamakh is a classy centre forward. Coquelin and Frimpong are defensive midfielders. Hardly Bendtner's position.... :dead horse:

MJG

Quote from: FulhamMic on August 30, 2011, 03:02:48 PM
Any player we've been linked with who signs for another Premier League club will score against us. We are Fulham remember, that's the sort of thing that regularly happens to us. New signing gets their maiden goal, those going through a dry spell break their duct; it's just the way it is.
i'm putting my house on Torres to score a hatrick against us if he's still not producing.

FulhamMic

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 30, 2011, 03:11:15 PM
Coquelin and Frimpong are defensive midfielders. Hardly Bendtner's position.... :dead horse:

No, but it means he chose to play five across the middle rather than two upfront. If Bendtner were as class as he'd have you believe he'd have played the last two games when they were short on strikers.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FulhamMic on August 30, 2011, 03:17:52 PM
Coquelin and Frimpong are defensive midfielders. Hardly Bendtner's position.... :dead horse:

No, but it means he chose to play five across the middle rather than two upfront. If Bendtner were as class as he'd have you believe he'd have played the last two games when they were short on strikers.

Arsenal with a 4-4-2 formation? ahahaha.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FulhamMic on August 30, 2011, 03:17:52 PM

Not playing two up front does not mean that the team is not attacking.

Wenger is not a huge fan of 4-4-2 and has always preferred a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation with one central striker. Robin Van Persie usually takes this role and Bentdner is usually pushed out of position out wide.

elgreenio

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 30, 2011, 03:21:54 PM
Wenger is not a huge fan of 4-4-2 and has always preferred a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation with one central striker. Robin Van Persie usually takes this role and Bentdner is usually pushed out of position out wide.

it's not that he isnt a huge fan (Arsenal always used to play 4-4-2), its more the case of him not having the players for it. Song/Wilshere/Rosicky/Ramsey don't scream presence, where Vieira/Gilberto/Petit were more than capable in a central midfield 2.

But yes Bendtner has been used mainly as a winger, and when has played centrally how often do you see Arsenal whip the ball in the box from the touchline to their striker, not so much.

Is Cisse similar to Bendtner or are we just speculating on strikers we've been linked with?
touch my camera through the fence