https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where is our Belgian No 1 Fulham fan?

Started by finnster01, August 29, 2011, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

HatterDon

"Fear not, lest your heart be troubled" [ah, they don't write 'em like that anymore]. Mr Sipwell is winging [or is that whinging?] his way back from the Island of underfunded banks to land in Belgium [four governments, three languages, two square miles] in a matter of minutes, depending on when you read this post -- or when I typed it.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

sipwell

Back in Belgium, alas. Iceland was a life changing experience. The world will never be the same again. We didn't visit the Blue Lagoon though mr. Finn, as the locals had horror stories about it, not for the ears of tourists.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Hazey

What happened in the Blue Lagoon Sip?  I need to know I had a fire in my ..... since I bathed there....

Quote from: sipwell on August 30, 2011, 12:22:24 AM
Back in Belgium, alas. Iceland was a life changing experience. The world will never be the same again. We didn't visit the Blue Lagoon though mr. Finn, as the locals had horror stories about it, not for the ears of tourists.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

sipwell

Quote from: Hazey on August 30, 2011, 09:01:26 AM
What happened in the Blue Lagoon Sip?  I need to know I had a fire in my ..... since I bathed there....

Locals don't use the Blue Lagoon, firstly because it is overpriced (it costs 5 times more than a less fancy but cleaner pool), secondly because there is no control on what happens in the pool AND the water of the pool is never changed, nor does a product gets added to make the pool clean. So basically humans do all sorts of "natural" activities inside the water (given the fact that the water is mostly still, that is a pretty sight). Add that to the tendency of non-Icelanders not to take a thorough shower before jumping in the water and you have a rather interesting cocktail. A local joke is that you can get pregnant without having sex, just by paying a visit to the Blue Lagoon :D

Hazey

You're telling me that this new belly I have found since being there is not from alcohol?!?!?!

Quote from: sipwell on August 30, 2011, 01:14:06 PM

Locals don't use the Blue Lagoon, firstly because it is overpriced (it costs 5 times more than a less fancy but cleaner pool), secondly because there is no control on what happens in the pool AND the water of the pool is never changed, nor does a product gets added to make the pool clean. So basically humans do all sorts of "natural" activities inside the water (given the fact that the water is mostly still, that is a pretty sight). Add that to the tendency of non-Icelanders not to take a thorough shower before jumping in the water and you have a rather interesting cocktail. A local joke is that you can get pregnant without having sex, just by paying a visit to the Blue Lagoon :D
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

mccscratch

So you are saying that the internet is lying?

"The lagoon at the Blue Lagoon holds six million liters of water, all of which is renewed in 40 hours. The water's temperature is 37-39°C. The geothermal seawater's special ecosystem has a self-cleansing effect. Regular sampling shows that "common" bacteria do not thrive in this ecosystem. Thus additional cleansers such as chlorine are not needed. Its unique active ingredients: Minerals, silica and algae have been praised for their benefits on healthy skin and on skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis. The aquamarine blue color is the result of these active ingredients: minerals, silica and algae."
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

The Equalizer

I'd have a go in that Blue Lagoon if Brooke Shields was with me...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Hazey

I have to say my skin did feel great after I had spent an hour or so bathing in the lagoon and rubbing the blue mud all over my body....

Hang on...the Mrs did say something about it feeling strangely familiar!...

DAMMIT!

The Equalizer

Quote from: Hazey on August 30, 2011, 04:11:42 PM
I have to say my skin did feel great after I had spent an hour or so bathing in the lagoon and rubbing the blue mud all over my body....

Hang on...the Mrs did say something about it feeling strangely familiar!...

DAMMIT!

I never realised that Smurf excrement was so good for the skin!  080.gif
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

sipwell

Quote from: mccscratch on August 30, 2011, 04:05:58 PM

So you are saying that the internet is lying?

"The lagoon at the Blue Lagoon holds six million liters of water, all of which is renewed in 40 hours. The water's temperature is 37-39°C. The geothermal seawater's special ecosystem has a self-cleansing effect. Regular sampling shows that "common" bacteria do not thrive in this ecosystem. Thus additional cleansers such as chlorine are not needed. Its unique active ingredients: Minerals, silica and algae have been praised for their benefits on healthy skin and on skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis. The aquamarine blue color is the result of these active ingredients: minerals, silica and algae."

A quote from their website. They barely shall say otherwise, shall they?

finnster01

This just off the Beeb (and I am not joking either). Mr Sipwell do you have any insights on this?  086.gif

Tim, Keighley via text: "Arsenal interested in Belgian defender Mark de Man. Apparently, they are also interested in his compatriots, striker Skor de Gaulle and goalkeeper Bloek de Schott."
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

sipwell

Quote from: finnster01 on August 31, 2011, 10:31:53 AM
This just off the Beeb (and I am not joking either). Mr Sipwell do you have any insights on this?  086.gif

Tim, Keighley via text: "Arsenal interested in Belgian defender Mark de Man. Apparently, they are also interested in his compatriots, striker Skor de Gaulle and goalkeeper Bloek de Schott."

Ahahahahhahahhahahahha! Mark De Man has been a failed defender. Played for every side (Anderlecht, Ajax, Beerschot) and never succeeded.