watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tonight-Reserves v Bolton

Started by MJG, August 30, 2011, 06:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrska

Thanks for the updates..  good to have abit of good news!

MJG

Well that was nice and easy and while the second half was an anti climax nice to see us round it off with another goal and clean sheet.
I have mentioned a few players and here is the rest of them.
Etheridge did what was needed, made a couple of good saves.
Harris started at RB and then second half swapped with Riise and then ended it at RB. Did ok, distribution could be better and better at the back than midfield.did not see anything to say he could step in if needed.
Alex smith at LB, liked the look of him, teamed up well with Kacaniklic down the left, another year at least needed for him.
Joshua Passley at CB with burn, I liked him as well, very comftable on the ball and a couple of runs into mid field, one to watch.
Donegan, kept it simple, little lay offs here and there, pretty much already looks like a FULHAM type central midfielder, could slip into the team against weaker teams.
Gecov hardly touched the ball for the first fifteen minutes but then found his stride. Both him and Donegan worked well together. Could he replace Murphy? On that showing its a no, but I watched him in the u21's during the summer and he has more to offer than he did tonight.
Kacaniklic...why has he not been seen in the first team squad, has pace, direct, needs to improve his fitness as tired second half, I liked him a lot.

I have already said Frei should be in the first team squad, Trotta scores goals, should be given a chance, he can't really do more than that in the reserves.

In conclusion, no real starting XI players but deffo subs with pace and energy.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: MJG on August 30, 2011, 09:20:38 PM
Well that was nice and easy and while the second half was an anti climax nice to see us round it off with another goal and clean sheet.
I have mentioned a few players and here is the rest of them.
Etheridge did what was needed, made a couple of good saves.
Harris started at RB and then second half swapped with Riise and then ended it at RB. Did ok, distribution could be better and better at the back than midfield.did not see anything to say he could step in if needed.
Alex smith at LB, liked the look of him, teamed up well with Kacaniklic down the left, another year at least needed for him.
Joshua Passley at CB with burn, I liked him as well, very comftable on the ball and a couple of runs into mid field, one to watch.
Donegan, kept it simple, little lay offs here and there, pretty much already looks like a FULHAM type central midfielder, could slip into the team against weaker teams.
Gecov hardly touched the ball for the first fifteen minutes but then found his stride. Both him and Donegan worked well together. Could he replace Murphy? On that showing its a no, but I watched him in the u21's during the summer and he has more to offer than he did tonight.
Kacaniklic...why has he not been seen in the first team squad, has pace, direct, needs to improve his fitness as tired second half, I liked him a lot.

I have already said Frei should be in the first team squad, Trotta scores goals, should be given a chance, he can't really do more than that in the reserves.

In conclusion, no real starting XI players but deffo subs with pace and energy.

Sounds exactly what the ressies should be - providing cover for the first team.

I bet we get to see some of them in Europe

Fernhurst

Good report MJG very interesting to hear how the resies are shaping up.

Thank you

Ronnief

Trotta played much better than the last match at home but even scoring 5 he does not look good enough for the 1st team.  The overall play of the team was good with great emphasis on putting the ball into wide positions quickly and crossing for the strikers in the middle. Trotta did his job well and certainly is a striker but lacks pace. Gecov impressed me as he got into the game with some very good touches.  Kacaniklic and Frei were the most creative of players so a good performance by all.

Mitch

Thanks. I think Kaka was injured for a while.

HatterDon

thanks so much for watching the match and passing on your observations. You guys do a real service to those of us who'll never get a chance to watch the rezzies or the U-19s.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

LRCN

best perfroamnce ive seen from trotta for sure... frei looks a real talent, kacaniklic was on fire and i really like th elook of passley in defence. will do a detailed write up for hammyend tomorrow

mjg i had a quick look for you at full time but couldnt see you, sorry mate

thanks to motspur for lending me his season ticket

Burt

Thanks guys for the feedback. Always good to hear about what is bubbling up under the first team.

TheDaddy

A little late but thanks guys great report  :54:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

finnster01

Ditto.

Wonderful stuff for exiles who has no chance of staying on top of the reserves.

:clap_hands:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Motspur

No problem mate - You can borrow my ticket any time.