watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan Ruiz 24 goals

Started by tavytina, August 30, 2011, 11:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elgreenio

ok so he can finish, but what's he like on the wing?
touch my camera through the fence

BalDrick

So, forgive me for being stupid here but what position does he play? Or should I say what position will he play? Suppose we may have a better idea of that answer around 11 tonight, but is he a striker? Or someone who contributes goals but isn't what you might call a #9?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

The Equalizer

Quote from: BalDrick on August 31, 2011, 09:57:12 AM
So, forgive me for being stupid here but what position does he play? Or should I say what position will he play? Suppose we may have a better idea of that answer around 11 tonight, but is he a striker? Or someone who contributes goals but isn't what you might call a #9?

He's listed as being a winger, but on Wikipedia it says that he's an 'attacking all-rounder'. He also has the nickname 'The Weasel'...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

epsomraver

Reminds me of BZ when he is in form rather than Dempsey, he has the strength to hold off players as Bobby does.

elgreenio

1002: Fulham/Brian Ruiz update from BBC Sport's John Sinnott: "Twente's president and CEO are in talks over the transfer of Bryan Ruiz to Fulham for about £10m," Twente's commercial manager Jan van Halst told BBC Sport. "We expect to reach an agreement, though nothing is definite yet, but there are still are a few hours left. Bryan is currently in London."

The Equalizer

Just got this update from the BBC sports page:

1002: Fulham/Brian Ruiz update from  BBC Sport's John Sinnott:   "Twente's president and CEO are in talks over the transfer of Bryan Ruiz to Fulham for about £10m," Twente's commercial manager Jan van Halst told BBC Sport. "We expect to reach an agreement, though nothing is definite yet, but there are still are a few hours left. Bryan is currently in London."

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

The Equalizer

Quote from: elgreenio on August 31, 2011, 10:04:49 AM
1002: Fulham/Brian Ruiz update from BBC Sport's John Sinnott: "Twente's president and CEO are in talks over the transfer of Bryan Ruiz to Fulham for about £10m," Twente's commercial manager Jan van Halst told BBC Sport. "We expect to reach an agreement, though nothing is definite yet, but there are still are a few hours left. Bryan is currently in London."

5 seconds...  090.gif

MJG

Bryan is currently in London.
Thats the bit I like as long as its KT3 he's visiting I dont mind.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: The Equalizer on August 31, 2011, 10:05:20 AM
Quote from: elgreenio on August 31, 2011, 10:04:49 AM

5 seconds...  090.gif

I wouldn't read too much into what Twente are saying. Yesterday they said they had no 'concrete' bids a few hours before agreeing a fee with Fulham.

They will be trying to appease the fans for as long as possible, make it look like the offer is 'too good to turn down'

finnster01

I hope Jol has called Schteve McLarensh to help greet Bryan and make him feel right at home. He could also fill in on translations whilst Jol is removing the paper jam in the fax machine.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

elgreenio

from my Dutch acquaintance :

He is really good, talented etc... Can play on the wing, as #10 (or classic Dutch AMC, the role behind the strikers) or can play as a striker. I think he is at his best if he can roam around the pitch behind the ST (at Twente Janko and De Jong play in front of him).

He can finish very well and has the ability to be a game changer, he is good at set pieces and has a fine pass. Not really weaknesses tbh.

The Equalizer

Quote from: elgreenio on August 31, 2011, 10:20:00 AM

He is really good, talented etc... Can play on the wing, as #10 (or classic Dutch AMC, the role behind the strikers) or can play as a striker. I think he is at his best if he can roam around the pitch behind the ST (at Twente Janko and De Jong play in front of him).

He can finish very well and has the ability to be a game changer, he is good at set pieces and has a fine pass. Not really weaknesses tbh.

So, he's basically Clint Dempsey?

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

elgreenio

Quote from: The Equalizer on August 31, 2011, 10:21:37 AM

seems that way. Not sure if that's a good sign or not with the few Dempsey rumours going around

BalDrick

I read that more as 'he's basically what it says on Dembele's tin'. There's no way we can play Ruiz, Deuce and Dembele at the same time I'd have thought.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

elgreenio

more from the Dutchees :

Yeah he's very good. Only weakness maybe a lack of strength. I'd say he's as talented as Suarez so good enough for a top 4 english club in the long run IMO.

then :

Can't argue with that. I didn't quite understand why Spurs didn't follow up their interest, tbh.

ClarksOriginal

@sonikkicks on Twitter.

MontenegroWhite

He would make a big big difference if signed. + Twente would be more weak against us in group stages :D

LordNelson

Quote from: epsomraver on August 31, 2011, 10:04:40 AM
Reminds me of BZ when he is in form rather than Dempsey, he has the strength to hold off players as Bobby does.

Didn't seem too strong to me--more like able to get the ball in the net, but I wouldn't  have expected anything less from you.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Jack Fulham

Hopefully he's a lot quicker and a better passer.

I still think it's time for a formation change.

Murphy - Sidwell
Ruiz - Dembele - Dempsey
Zamora

With Ruiz, Dembele and Dempsey interchanging obviously.