watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gignac, and the Bobby to Newcastle rumour

Started by leonffc, September 03, 2011, 08:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

I dont know if this has been mentioned but what with Gignac so close to signing and the rumour mill buzzing with 'Bobby to Newcastle' stories, does anyone think this could be related?

I hope I'm wrong but It has crossed my mind that if Gignac signed BZ could have headed North whether he liked it or not. Everyone was gushing at the prospect of a forward line containg BZ, Ruiz, Dembele, Gignac etc etc but the reality is that Gignac had to be paid for and as we all know, in football, deals are set up and ready to go all the time only to collapse at the last minute for one reason or another.

Lets hope Gignac signs in January and Bobby is his room mate on Europa away trips.

NorthernWhite

The Bobby to Newcastle rumour was one of the wind up posts in the rumour page on BBC on transfer deadline day.

Did anyone really think he was on a train to Newcastle????

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Have you read this topic: Bobby and Toon  was perhaps a red herring

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=15116.0

Burt

I was on the Thames Ditton to Waterloo train that day and didn't see him  :dft011:

leonffc

Quote from: NorthernWhite on September 03, 2011, 08:58:41 AM
The Bobby to Newcastle rumour was one of the wind up posts in the rumour page on BBC on transfer deadline day.

I never thought for one minute that he would get on a train to go for a medical but I heard the rumours on various sources of media and pressumed 'no smoke without fire'. I didn't realise it was confirmed as a wind up.
Phhheeeeeeeeewwwwwww

NorthernWhite

Quote from: leonffc on September 03, 2011, 09:02:05 AM
Quote from: NorthernWhite on September 03, 2011, 08:58:41 AM

I never thought for one minute that he would get on a train to go for a medical but I heard the rumours on various sources of media and pressumed 'no smoke without fire'. I didn't realise it was confirmed as a wind up.
Phhheeeeeeeeewwwwwww

It just shows the power of Twitter etc as that spread like wildfire.

To be fair though, we were all very twitchy as the window drew to a close without a forward. So glad we got Ruiz but it was no good for the old blood pressure with Newcastle messing around at the end!

WestCountryWhite

Definitely just rumours Jol seems to be a big fan off bobby and can see how toothless we can be without him. If anything I would have thought AJ mite have joined uncle Woy
Newcastle do make me laugh though every window mike Ashley is asleep until the last day then chucks around offers at the 11th hour. He must be swimming in the Carroll money

ImperialWhite

I don't think so - the problem was at the OM end. OM wanted to sign another striker - either this Juve striker or Gyan from Sunderland - and when those deals failed they were forced to call the Gignac deal off.

leonffc

Quote from: ImperialWhite on September 03, 2011, 11:10:12 AM
I don't think so - the problem was at the OM end. OM wanted to sign another striker - either this Juve striker or Gyan from Sunderland - and when those deals failed they were forced to call the Gignac deal off.

I meant the knock on effect rather than the reason. Would Bobby have gone if Gignac had signed?

Admin

Quote from: leonffc on September 03, 2011, 11:32:49 AM
Quote from: ImperialWhite on September 03, 2011, 11:10:12 AM

I meant the knock on effect rather than the reason. Would Bobby have gone if Gignac had signed?

I think it would have been the end of Johnson if anything mate.

Berserker

I really didn't realise there was so many wide ups that day, Specially amazed people would register with FOF just to post spurious rumours :-( I think there is a good chance of getting Gignac in January as he definitly seemed impressed with the club, also can't see Bobby wanting to go to the toons
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Motspur

Maybe and who could blame the club? I am a big fan of Bobby but over 90% of players are mercenaries,They will go to the highest bidder and fans will cite their limited career as a player to justify their high demands and 'disloyal' attitude. As such clubs like ours pay big money to get their services for a period of time and if the timing is right, the club must cash in on their 'asset' in order to move forward (or in our case attempt to stay at the same level). 2 quality signings with decent options as backup would, in my opinion, justify a >£10m transfer of Zamora. Let's face it, if Stoke can pay £10m for Crouch, Zamora must be worth more at those valuations.

LRCN

will stake my life that bobby was never ever going to newcastle on wednesday

Senior Supporter

Surely Gignac was always intended as back up for Bobby. Were we not all saying that it was vital we had another front man to take Zamora's place if (when) he was injured? It would have made no sense to ship Bobby out and leave ourselves in a similar position in that department.

Motspur

My point was not about whether there were plans to ship out Bobby moreover that if we did having signed two quality forwards, I could see the logic. Having said that, I would also want to make sure that we had players who are capable of scoring in the prem' before shipping out another quality forward who is proven in that area.

luckykat

He was a loan, so the only payment needed would be wages. Agree with Admin that AJ would more likely to be the one out of the door.