watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Music Thread

Started by Burt, September 06, 2011, 12:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

People are still posting on the Monday one despite the fact that is now officially Tuesday.

So I thought I would help out and create one for Tuesday.

I am all heart, me.

Nothing from me at the moment. I am currently on a video call at work.

If I had a chance, I am in a kind of Genesis "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" kind of mood.

richie17

Grateful Dead - Dick's Picks Volume 4, February 1970 from the Fillmore East.  Ace.

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

I am recording old vinyl onto cds so that is what I am listening to. Strange to say I am onto Genesis and A trick in the tail. Lamb lies down was yesterday.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 06, 2011, 12:10:33 PM
I am recording old vinyl onto cds so that is what I am listening to. Strange to say I am onto Genesis and A trick in the tail. Lamb lies down was yesterday.

A real labour of love.

I remember when I put my entire CD collection in to MP3 format.

I would like to thank my family for their understanding whilst I left their lives during this important project.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Burt on September 06, 2011, 12:16:49 PM

A real labour of love.

I would like to thank my family for their understanding whilst I left their lives during this important project.

Four times I've had to do that. FOUR TIMES!! Days of writing to iTunes and changing track names to keep it tidy. Damned PC rebuilds and failed external disks....

:014:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Burt

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 06, 2011, 12:18:45 PM
Quote from: Burt on September 06, 2011, 12:16:49 PM

A real labour of love.

Four times I've had to do that. FOUR TIMES!! Days of writing to iTunes and changing track names to keep it tidy. Damned PC rebuilds and failed external disks....

:014:

Grrr...I feel your pain Mr Eq sir.

Thanks for reminding me though, it has been a few months since I last backed up to my external HD so that is well overdue.

The Equalizer

I decided to buy a NAS drive so I've got RAID redundancy on there. I still need to do the odd backup to another disk though.

ClarksOriginal

I'm at work so it's the radio for me. Fortunately I've managed to get everyone to listen to absoluteradio which has some quality on it. So far this morning we've had:

The Jam
Mumford and Sons
Blur
Oasis
and Franz Ferdinand

So far it's been a good morning, my type of music!
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Burt

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 06, 2011, 12:25:43 PM
I decided to buy a NAS drive so I've got RAID redundancy on there. I still need to do the odd backup to another disk though.

I dont file share so I am assuming me and my little external HD is sufficient.

Unless you would recommend it as a better back-up anyway? I have a shed load of music and I really wouldn't want to lose it all.

CincyFulham1

I seem to trapped in the eighties today.

Warning:  I think the sax player is stoned, or maybe has a broken reed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKDKBl6A22I&feature=player_detailpage#t=3s

The Equalizer

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on September 06, 2011, 12:32:03 PM
I'm at work so it's the radio for me. Fortunately I've managed to get everyone to listen to absoluteradio which has some quality on it. So far this morning we've had:

The Jam
Mumford and Sons
Blur
Oasis
and Franz Ferdinand

It's worth listening to BBC 6 Music if you can get hold of it. Constant music, no adverts and they play absolutely anything! Best radio station out there.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 06, 2011, 12:38:35 PM

The Jam
Mumford and Sons
Blur
Oasis
and Franz Ferdinand

It's worth listening to BBC 6 Music if you can get hold of it. Constant music, no adverts and they play absolutely anything! Best radio station out there.

The radio at work is absolutely pony, but i'll give it a go. Do you know the numbers for station sir?
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Burt

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on September 06, 2011, 12:46:17 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on September 06, 2011, 12:38:35 PM

The Jam
Mumford and Sons
Blur
Oasis
and Franz Ferdinand

The radio at work is absolutely pony, but i'll give it a go. Do you know the numbers for station sir?

Digital only I believe...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/

The Equalizer

You can listen live online. Have a look at the set lists that they've played today online too, some cracking songs on there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0148ygs