News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - but Fulham related - Anyone hear Example on Chris Moyles this morning?

Started by Andy_M, September 08, 2011, 10:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy_M

Just thought I'd post to say how much I enjoyed his interview this morning. I know he's a Fulham fan and as he said in his interview lives in one of the streets by the ground and was born and grew up in Fulham.

What a refreshing interview it was and how brilliant it was to hear someone giving their honest views on stuff! Thought he had some brilliant banter!

Did anyone else hear it? If you didn't I would recommend a listen back on the BBC iplayer - perhaps skip the songs in between the chat if you aren't too bothered, he doesn't really mention Fulham, but it was a very enjoyable listen!
@got_maile

Tom Magee

I saw him on Soccer Saturday and to be quite honest, he struggled with even the most basic chat about the club. I believe he's from the big estate by Wandsworth Bridge but most likely from one of the posh roads rather than the tower block.

Fair play to the lad for his music, seems like a decent chap

The Equalizer

Can't stand Chris Moyles. Don't mind Example though.

I always listen to the Shaun Keaveney breakfast show on 6Music - hilariously funny and they play fecking superb music throughout.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Tom Magee

Like Queen

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 08, 2011, 10:30:59 AM

I always listen to the Shaun Keaveney breakfast show on 6Music - hilariously funny and they play fecking superb music throughout.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Tom Magee on September 08, 2011, 10:33:13 AM
Like Queen

Ha! Actually, I've never heard Queen played on there. This morning they had Gimme Shelter, 'Can I Kick It' by Tribe Called Quest and an abundance of other wonderful songs.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Tom Magee

I have little interest in music to be honest

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 08, 2011, 10:38:59 AM
Quote from: Tom Magee on September 08, 2011, 10:33:13 AM
Like Queen

Ha! Actually, I've never heard Queen played on there. This morning they had Gimme Shelter, 'Can I Kick It' by Tribe Called Quest and an abundance of other wonderful songs.

ClarksOriginal

I think I saw you're tweet today about Gimme Shelter. Great tune
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

The Equalizer

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on September 08, 2011, 11:03:34 AM

I think I saw you're tweet today about Gimme Shelter. Great tune

One of my all time faves. What's your Twitter name? Not sure if I've started following you yet.

Burt

Example is turning in to a media daaahling  :003:

He was also on Vernon Kay's radio 1 show a few weekends ago. He handled himself well, I thought, a regular kind of guy, although disappointingly he made no reference to the mighty whites.

mrska

I heard it..  there was some reference to Craven Cottages new Hospitality Box.. that was about it.  Its rumoured that Example lives in those flats opposite the Golden Lion.

Burt

Quote from: mr_ska on September 08, 2011, 01:35:56 PM
I heard it..  there was some reference to Craven Cottages new Hospitality Box.. that was about it.  Its rumoured that Example lives in those flats opposite the Golden Lion.

I must have sneezed when he mentioned that...

Hell, with the money he has now he can buy the Golden Lion and turn it in to a decent boozer.

mrska

Quote from: Burt on September 08, 2011, 01:45:49 PM

Hell, with the money he has now he can buy the Golden Lion and turn it in to a decent boozer.
Yeah  or pay to get the Loos cleaned..

The Equalizer

Quote from: mr_ska on September 08, 2011, 01:52:28 PM

And get Ann's teeth done.  :57:

mrska

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 08, 2011, 02:01:02 PM
Quote from: mr_ska on September 08, 2011, 01:52:28 PM

And get Ann's teeth done.  :57:
ha ha  he isn't that loaded!

The Equalizer

Quote from: Tom Magee on September 08, 2011, 03:00:23 PM
Whats wrong with the Golden Lion exactly?

Smells of wee. Ann kicked out a load of people for singing Fulham songs because it upset her kid. The list goes on...

I used to be in there every game, wouldn't go in there if you paid me these days.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 08, 2011, 03:24:29 PM
Quote from: Tom Magee on September 08, 2011, 03:00:23 PM
Whats wrong with the Golden Lion exactly?

Smells of wee. Ann kicked out a load of people for singing Fulham songs because it upset her kid. The list goes on...

I used to be in there every game, wouldn't go in there if you paid me these days.

Is her son the thick one that is a scum supporter?

Tom Magee

Well I've been going for the past 18 months or so and its Fulham chanting non stop, before and after games. Without doubt the best atmosphere in the area for Fulham fans. All the poncey ones in Putney, full of posh families trying to enjoy a lunch, doesnt mix very well

Fair enough if you have issues with the management but no other pub can better it on matchdays

fulham1879

"40 000 muppets!"

The Equalizer

Quote from: Tom Magee on September 08, 2011, 03:45:49 PM
Well I've been going for the past 18 months or so and its Fulham chanting non stop, before and after games. Without doubt the best atmosphere in the area for Fulham fans. All the poncey ones in Putney, full of posh families trying to enjoy a lunch, doesnt mix very well

Fair enough if you have issues with the management but no other pub can better it on matchdays

Fair play, I haven't been there for a while and none of my mates drink there anymore. I find that The Brick is the best place to go these days - loads of people there who you can chat to and really bloody good beer!  :beer: