more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gignac still wants to come (allegedley)

Started by leonffc, September 08, 2011, 04:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Andre-Pierre Gignac
ANDRE-PIERRE Gignac is hoping Fulham come back for him in the January transfer window.

The Marseille and France striker's plans for a switch to Craven Cottage last week were crushed at the 11th hour after he was wooed by Whites boss Martin Jol. Gignac thought he had put a troubled past behind him at IO'M only for his parent club to demand his immediate return.

Marseille had been let down by their own transfer targets and needed Gignac to cover gaps instead.
And although the 25-year-old with 16 caps has publicly vowed to knuckle down at the Stade Velédrome, he's told friends he does not see much future under former Chelsea midfielder Didier Deschamps, now coach with the French giants.

A source close to Gignac said: "If Deschamps didn't want Andre before, he's not going to make any special considerations for him now.

"Andre liked what he saw at Fulham, and hit it off straight away with Jol."

The player himself admitted he wanted to join the Whites and play in the Premiership.

He added: "We were told about Olympiakos and Fulham and I decided to listen to the London side.

"We went there and immediately we felt their interest was concrete and serious.

"We spent the evening with coach Martin Jol and his wife. On Wednesday (transfer deadline day) we had a medical. It was a wonderful welcome.

"At 10.30pm, Marseille called me to return because my forward replacement would not come. Three minutes after calling me to come back to Marseille, I was called again as there was an opportunity to go to Sunderland.

"I could not reply 'yes' to Sunderland and 'no' to Fulham because l'OM just made the decision of a swap deal with Gyan."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/09/08/french-frontman-issues-fulham-plea-82029-29386722/#ixzz1XNMyDZX7

cebu

This rumour will probably resurface sometime in December and continue into the next transfer window.

ElissonSnygg

Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Burt

Great news and it may well happen. He was a gnat's whisker away from joining last time around.

Willard

I presume 'Arry Boy has made a note in his diary for January - along with 14 other strikers he'd like.

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Andy_M

Think would be quite a signing if we could pull it off, although I'd like to see a loan deal with a pre-agreed figure of which we could buy him for at the end of the loan period as I can see him being a hit in the Prem league and wouldn't want another club coming in and snatching him from under us.

Clearly doesn't want to be as IO'M anymore so perhaps a deal that would suit both clubs? Jol obviously was interested enough in the first place to get him over have dinner with him (as some reports have said) etc. so lets hope that interest has not changed.
@got_maile

Senior Supporter

I'm pretty sure that Sa was the late replacement when the Gignac deal fell through, so it is a question of whether we would accommodate both in the squad. I guess it depends on how Sa shapes up between now and January.

Andy_M

Quote from: Senior Supporter on September 09, 2011, 10:50:43 AM
I'm pretty sure that Sa was the late replacement when the Gignac deal fell through, so it is a question of whether we would accommodate both in the squad. I guess it depends on how Sa shapes up between now and January.

I also thought that but Gignac is a quality player, he was one of the hottest properties in french football when IO'M bought him for £16 million last season. Proven goalscorer and a classy player, different league to Sa in my opinion!
@got_maile

ClarksOriginal

Surely if Jol had any sense he would have made an agreement for January. Even though we managed to bring in Ruiz & Sa we still may be light up top.

Sa is largely unproven, I hope he is a quality player because that would be a coup for us if he was, but Gignac is on another level.

Gignac is a quality player, he has a fantastic scoring record, he was brilliant for a distinctly average Toulouse team and has been in good form for France. Its just a case that 'face doesn't fit' at L'OM, Deschamps is not a fan of Gignac and unfortunately hasn't fit as well as he would like into L'OMs formation.

If he enjoyed his brief time at Fulham as much as he says he did I can see him coming back. We're going to the next level boys..... lets hope we don't implode.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.