watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Oi, Yous, Y'all etc.

Started by finnster01, September 08, 2011, 05:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

No matter if you are from SW6, New Yoik, or South Texas, not long to wait now until it's FULHAM TIME again. :clap_hands:

COYW!!!

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

timmyg

Sure feels like the season really begins this weekend, no? Can't wait for the club to get into its groove for real.

Wait, what? There's another international break in about 3 weeks?   :doh: :doh:
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Burt

This will be my first match of the season "live", as I was on holiday for the others.

Can't wait!

:clap_hands: COYW  :clap_hands:

zzamora

From texas to twickenham,we're all excited.

Come on the whites

TheDaddy

Have a fought for me lads stuck in Stoke since Saturday don't escape until this saturday hopefully will get to london before kick off just to sample a few beers with me boys before the match...my week has been spent sitting in the lounge watching mickey mouse club house and having three meals a day and no beer or tv !
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

HatterDon

Can't wait! Mind you, it's the following Sunday that really has me excited.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cebu

Quote from: TheDaddy on September 08, 2011, 07:47:26 PM
Have a fought for me lads stuck in Stoke since Saturday don't escape until this saturday hopefully will get to london before kick off just to sample a few beers with me boys before the match...my week has been spent sitting in the lounge watching mickey mouse club house and having three meals a day and no beer or tv !

That sounds pretty bad - I thought torture was illegal in the UK.  :005:

Jimpav

Cant bloody wait.

We've had a bit of a false start but Sunday is a chance to put things right.

First televised match too so the little one is going to watch (stare vacantly/gurgle) with me and experience her first match.

Burt

Quote from: Jimpav on September 08, 2011, 10:12:33 PM
Cant bloody wait.

First televised match too so the little one is going to watch (stare vacantly/gurgle) with me and experience her first match.

Well done Mr Jimpav sir. There have been so many recent examples of parents neglecting their duties, it is great to see that you are bringing yours up to be of sound judgment and character!

FC Silver Fox

I'm getting excited too but its mixed with a Fulhamish twinge of dread that it could also be disappointing and go horribly wrong (Blingo and Lighthouse would be proud of me).

Like HatterDon, its the following weekend that's getting me all of a trembley. My first match of the season.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Jimpav

Quote from: Burt on September 09, 2011, 08:08:44 AM
Quote from: Jimpav on September 08, 2011, 10:12:33 PM
Cant bloody wait.

Well done Mr Jimpav sir. There have been so many recent examples of parents neglecting their duties, it is great to see that you are bringing yours up to be of sound judgment and character!

Thanks Burt! We live in the safe confines of West Kent so no danger of her ever being tempted to the dark side and too far away from Gillingahm or Charlton for them to be a pull. Her Grandpa is an avid Sours fan though but I'm sure she will see sense!

sipwell

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: sipwell on September 09, 2011, 11:13:03 AM
Where is the like button?

You're right, Sipwell. A like button would be a great addition to the forum.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

The Equalizer

Meh! When everyone's watching the football on sunday I'll be sitting in a class room studying dive tables.  :dft005:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Tom Magee

Great to have Steve Kean back at the Cottage

Him and Coleman remain the best manager/coach we've had in the past 15 years. They did an amazing job with literally no money

Burt

Quote from: Tom Magee on September 09, 2011, 12:01:26 PM

Him and Coleman remain the best manager/coach we've had in the past 15 years. They did an amazing job with literally no money

I have often wondered what Cookie would have achieved if he had been given the money that subsequent managers were given.

Tom Magee

He and Kean had a real eye for a bargain.

We are all aware of Davies and Dempsey, but the like of Volz, Bonnisel, Pembridge, McBride, Bocanegra, Helguson, Jensen x 2, Radzinski. They all did jobs for us during really tough years. I can't recall what the largest sum Cookie spent on a player was, I presume 3 million on Davies?

Quote from: Burt on September 09, 2011, 12:22:42 PM

I have often wondered what Cookie would have achieved if he had been given the money that subsequent managers were given.

Burt

Quote from: Tom Magee on September 09, 2011, 12:28:10 PM

We are all aware of Davies and Dempsey, but the like of Volz, Bonnisel, Pembridge, McBride, Bocanegra, Helguson, Jensen x 2, Radzinski. They all did jobs for us during really tough years. I can't recall what the largest sum Cookie spent on a player was, I presume 3 million on Davies?

Yes, probably.

Sanchez got a lot more transfer kitty to play with, and look where that got us!

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Tom Magee on September 09, 2011, 12:28:10 PM

Wow. Simply Wow.

I thought that chap Hodgman was quite good actually.

Still Cookie and Keano have certainly proved their credentials in their post FFC careers.

To be fair they had an eye for a bargain because that's all that was available to them but not uncoincidentally some of your listed players were simply unfit with only McBride really excelling.