watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Something Different from Yesterday

Started by Peabody, September 12, 2011, 05:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Does anyone know the idiot in the Hammy End who started shouting when yesterdays one minute silence started? Whoever he was, he was quickly put in his place.

Burt

Aside from a mobile phone going off, and the clanking of the turnstiles, all was quiet in the Stevenage Road stand...

Peabody

There was quite loud shouting from the Hammy End and numerous voices immediately told him to shut it.

LBNo11

...I heard that too Peabody it sounded like it was at the back of H5 or H4, and I thought it was a couple of fans. As you say they were quickly shuuuushed and due respect was observed.

As mentioned due to the awful tannoy system in the HE I have no idea if it was a combined Roger Brown/September 11th atrocity silence or the latter only.

The eeriest silence I have ever heard was for the Fulham V Liverpool match after Johnny Haynes had died, literally all you could hear was the click, click, clicks of the turnstiles, the scousers behaviour was impeccable too...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

BalDrick

'As mentioned due to the awful tannoy system in the HE I have no idea if it was a combined Roger Brown/September 11th atrocity silence or the latter only.'

It was for 9/11 only. Personal opinion is, great player though I'm told he was, it would rather have cheapened the 9/11 remembrance by adding Roger Brown. And I daresay his family would have agreed.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

HatterDon

Quote from: BalDrick on September 12, 2011, 05:41:07 PM
'As mentioned due to the awful tannoy system in the HE I have no idea if it was a combined Roger Brown/September 11th atrocity silence or the latter only.'

It was for 9/11 only. Personal opinion is, great player though I'm told he was, it would rather have cheapened the 9/11 remembrance by adding Roger Brown. And I daresay his family would have agreed.

Before the Norwich City v. WBA match, they had one minute of applause for a young WBA trainee who had just passed away, followed by a minute's silence for 9/11. As with what we could see on television, there was a lot of respect with the silences. I'm not much for the over-concentration on this anniversary, but I was pleased to see all the American flags carried by supporters at this past weekend's matches.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

What they did at WBA is a good balance.

It would have been nice to have paid our respects to Roger Brown, particularly with his wife present. He was immense and along with Ivor a childhood hero of mine.

Never mind, I understand the sensitivities involved, and remembering 9/11 was appropriate.

Berserker

There was quite a lot of clatter where I was sat in the putney end, funnily enough sounded as if it if were coming from the cottage, but was probably just late people coming through the turnstiles. I saw several people holding up small American flags during the silence, thought that was quite touching.

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

I thought the Putney End was relatively vocal yesteday... Good to see it all packed out with Fulham, bar the handful of away supporters at the far end.

ScalleysDad

I'm sure I am not drifting through a haze of post match blues but did we not roundly applaud the memory of Roger Brown when Davd Hamilton announced that his wife was at the game. Tis a shame none of the current big fella's charged through the Blackburn defence and shinned one in !

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Burt on September 12, 2011, 09:21:59 PM
I thought the Putney End was relatively vocal yesteday... Good to see it all packed out with Fulham, bar the handful of away supporters at the far end.

I heard a chant of 'You don't know what you're doing' sung from the Putney end as Rochina was subbed off.

Was this Blackburn fans to Kean or Fulham fans to Webb?

HatterDon

The first half was one of the few times I heard Fulham cheers louder than visitors cheers at the Cottage.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Brandon

As an American who is also not a fan of over concentrating on anything overly emotional, I was very pleasantly surprised at the moment of silence. I never really gave any thought to our gracious friends over the great sea pausing to remember the losses. There is a solace that comes with bearing your pains with others. I guess that is true with nations as well.

CorkedHat

Quote from: Brandon on September 13, 2011, 03:30:29 AM
As an American who is also not a fan of over concentrating on anything overly emotional, I was very pleasantly surprised at the moment of silence. I never really gave any thought to our gracious friends over the great sea pausing to remember the losses. There is a solace that comes with bearing your pains with others. I guess that is true with nations as well.

Although this was a terrorist attack that occurred in America, it affected every country in the world. Over 60 British and 10 Australians died in the 9/11 attacks along with citizens from countless other countries. The world was paying respect to everyone who died on that day regardless of nationality or religion
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Jimbobob

Quote from: CorkedHat on September 13, 2011, 03:46:44 AM
Quote from: Brandon on September 13, 2011, 03:30:29 AM

Although this was a terrorist attack that occurred in America, it affected every country in the world. Over 60 British and 10 Australians died in the 9/11 attacks along with citizens from countless other countries. The world was paying respect to everyone who died on that day regardless of nationality or religion

Well said sir very well said as always! It was very moving for me to witness on televison as it was SO silent.
Well done Fulham fans well done!!! Also I was so happy for your girl Stosur winning the US Open yesterday!
She had to fight the crowd and the unsportsman behavior. Well done indeed!
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

ClarksOriginal

Sorry to avert from the 9/11 topic slightly, but did anyone at half time see the guy that decided to start a bit of fisticuffs with another chap who had knocked his beer over him whilst walking through the crowd.

There he was effing a blinding, squaring up to this little guy whilst some of our stewards had to drag him away. It was embarrassing, really was. I felt embarrassed to be there, he made himself look like a twit and even worse made the club look pathetic. He thought he was in Green Street or something.  096.gig 087.gif

Back onto the 9/11 topic, I though the silence was a really nice touch & minus a few numpties and a little German boy behind me it was observed well. 065.gif
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

CincyFulham1

I watched the match live here in the states and it was so quite on tv, I thought something was wrong with tha sound and tried to turn up the volume.  Usually there is some sound, but I heard nothing.  I didn't even hear the guy who was to told to be quiet.

epsomraver

Also something different from Sunday, did anyone else see what BZ said after he went to speak to Mark S as they were lineing up for the free kick after the collision, it looked to me that BZ spoke to Mark and he looked very stern at BZ , BZ then turned and said to the players around him " he told me to fcuk off " that is what it appeared to me but I am no lip reader.

MJG

Quote from: epsomraver on September 13, 2011, 10:49:15 AM
Also something different from Sunday, did anyone else see what BZ said after he went to speak to Mark S as they were lineing up for the free kick after the collision, it looked to me that BZ spoke to Mark and he looked very stern at BZ , BZ then turned and said to the players around him " he told me to fcuk off " that is what it appeared to me but I am no lip reader.
a lot of players went up to MS and were telling him keep focused...in a nice way of course.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: epsomraver on September 13, 2011, 10:49:15 AM

I saw that too. I'd like to know what BZ said.