Main Menu

CCTV monitoring systems at Craven Cottage

Started by Edwatch_Winston_Malone, September 14, 2011, 12:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think about the use of this system

I having nothing to worry about so I don't care
I think that this is an unwarranted intrusion into my privacy

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14899893?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I suppose a few thoughts come to mind:

We don't really have crowd issues so why do we need such sophisticated CCTV / facial recognition systems

We don't really have crowd issues and this system will ensure that we don't in the future

Those continually standing can now be very easily identified and banned

Those passing on their season tickets will be easily identified as their face will not fit that of the seat occupier

Best not take the girlfirend to the game anymore as the Mrs might find out

But what do you thinK?

The Equalizer

If they start jumping on people for standing up I'll be livid. I stand up every game, as I'm in the very back row of H6.

It's a good idea though, and I think that Fulham will get a lot of respect for putting it in place. Watch every other club in the Premiership follow suit now. Keeping up with the Jolses...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Burt

I wonder if they will be able to spot the fact that I occasionally sneak in a bottle of water with the lid on?

The Doctor

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on September 14, 2011, 12:34:06 PM
Those passing on their season tickets will be easily identified as their face will not fit that of the seat occupier

I wonder if this is a practical use of the system?  Me and my mates have 4 STs in a row and we rarely sit in our assigned order.  Then to confuse matters, we bring along various other friends if one of us can't make any given game.  As an extra layer of complexity, the folks in front have a friend who sits elsewhere and relocates to one of our seats if it's going spare.

Can the new system deal with all this?  I'll probably end up looking like a tout extraordinaire on FFC's footage!  Must start dressing the part for the cameras...

DefunctAnorak

When I rarely can't make a game, I give my ST to my brother.

But I GIVE the ticket to him, not sell it...surely if I'm paying for my ST, I can do whatever I want with it, so long as I'm not selling it on for a profit?

Who's clued up on this?

MJG

Quote from: Burt on September 14, 2011, 12:39:22 PM
I wonder if they will be able to spot the fact that I occasionally sneak in a bottle of water with the lid on?
+1,always carry a spare bottle lid.

Burt

I wonder if they will be able to spot Airfix trying to sneak in a drum or two?

Whiteroom

Quote from: DefunctAnorak on September 14, 2011, 12:42:49 PM

But I GIVE the ticket to him, not sell it...surely if I'm paying for my ST, I can do whatever I want with it, so long as I'm not selling it on for a profit?

Who's clued up on this?

I am in exactly the same position. I am sure they wouldn't be anal enough to prevent that.

sipwell

Quote from: Burt on September 14, 2011, 12:58:21 PM
I wonder if they will be able to spot Airfix trying to sneak in a drum or two?

If they would make use of pictures of last year and compare them to pictures of this year, I bet they wouldn't notice it!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I expect that they can input a few faces of known villans with outstanding police warrants from the cities of the various clubs visiting us and scan the Putney end and send in plod the policeman to pick them up at half time...

aFFCn_Fan

I'm sure the primary purpose is so that the ground staff can letch at the cravenettes or other lovelies in the stands without feeling embarrassed.  :026:
@hincharoo

MJG

Quote from: DefunctAnorak on September 14, 2011, 12:42:49 PM

Who's clued up on this?
I suspect in the T&C's its non transferable.

Burt

Season ticket Ts and Cs here:
http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/SeasonTicketTsCs.aspx

It doesn't mention giving your ticket to somebody else at all. Unless the additional bit about ticket exchange covers it, but it was far too long and complicated for me to make any sense out of and was all about Seatwave. Perhaps Mr Gilroy can advise us, on a pro bono basis  :003:
http://www.seatwave.com/fulhamfc/ticket-exchange/user-agreement/

finnster01

I bet they included a camera in front of the statue that shall rename nameless.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Burt on September 14, 2011, 01:21:24 PM
. Perhaps Mr Gilroy can advise us, on a pro bono basis  :003:
http://www.seatwave.com/fulhamfc/ticket-exchange/user-agreement/

Only if "pro bono" means "in exchange for a wodge of cash"

zzamora

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 14, 2011, 12:37:47 PM
If they start jumping on people for standing up I'll be livid. I stand up every game, as I'm in the very back row of H6.

It's a good idea though, and I think that Fulham will get a lot of respect for putting it in place. Watch every other club in the Premiership follow suit now. Keeping up with the Jolses...

I'm row qq H6 for the qpr match!

HatterDon

1. I'm thinking that nobody looks at those cameras -- that they are there for post hoc review in case of problems. No problems? No footage to review. Remember, somebody has to pay somebody to review footage. Why bother if there's nothing criminal going on?

2. I'm very uncomfortable with all the CCTV going on in England and Europe -- for two reasons. First is that it smacks of Big Brother and we Americans of ALL political persuasions are uncomfortable with having our every step recorded -- whether reviewed or not -- by some sort of government official. The second reason I'm uncomfortable with CCTV is that it is used as a passive police presence and, as a result, there are actually fewer police when you need them. Witness the most recent riots.

I was living in England when the big stores in London started to install security cameras. I believe it was Ken Dodd who billed one of the "posh" stores and ultimately took them to court. Why? Because his actor's guild contract guaranteed him a fee each time he was on television. Since the stores of the time had monitors visible to customers, he felt he should be compensated. In an amazing decision, the court said that he had no grounds. I'm shocked, SHOCKED that an individual would lose to a corporation! It would never happen that way over here.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Equalizer

Quote from: zzamora on September 14, 2011, 01:47:19 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on September 14, 2011, 12:37:47 PM

I'm row qq H6 for the qpr match!

I won't be at the QPR match sadly. If you look backwards to the very back, keep your eyes open for a skinny bloke with a head like a skunk.  :airfix:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I've worked with a system similar to this.What I think they are going to do with it use it to stop known trouble makers,ie a camera spots a  suspected banned nutter standing in line to get in to the away end,then using his tablet/phone, the security officer can pull up a mug shot and compare  the mug shot to the suspect  and if it matches you then get back up/police and detain said nutter-sounds like a decent bit of kit :clap_hands: :54:

The Equalizer

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on September 14, 2011, 02:00:30 PM
I've worked with a system similar to this.What I think they are going to do with it use it to stop known trouble makers,ie a camera spots a  suspected banned nutter standing in line to get in to the away end,then using his tablet/phone, the security officer can pull up a mug shot and compare  the mug shot to the suspect  and if it matches you then get back up/police and detain said nutter-sounds like a decent bit of kit :clap_hands: :54:

I hope they don't start adopting it in pubs!  :dft002: