watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

DETROIT LIONS ARE MASSIVE

Started by clintclintdeuce, September 19, 2011, 12:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clintclintdeuce

My goodness! Lions fans are estatic! WOOOO! 48-3 today, it is the dawn of a new era.
The Dude abides.

RidgeRider

wow. I have always liked the Lions. Not sure why. Probably something to do with Thanksgiving but that is a very impressive win. Chiefs have given up 89 points in two games but a 2-0 start for the Lions is something we haven't seen in a long time.

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: RidgeRider on September 19, 2011, 01:46:48 AM
wow. I have always liked the Lions. Not sure why. Probably something to do with Thanksgiving but that is a very impressive win. Chiefs have given up 89 points in two games but a 2-0 start for the Lions is something we haven't seen in a long time.

It was a beautiful day for us lions fans who went through the 4-40 streak. Too bad we couldnt have found a winner against Citeh...
The Dude abides.

MJG

The Lions have been my American football team of choice since I started following it in the early 80's.for no other reason than I had been to Detroit where my grandfather lived when I had been 4.(in 1970)plenty of other teams I could have followed but being a fulham I went for the easy choice ;-)

Never had the chance to see the live but maybe one day.
So yes a good start for once.

AmericanJames

Very happy to see we have a few Lions fans outside of us native Detroiters. There is something very Fulhamish about supporting the Lions. Lets hope this early season success continues 098.gif
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

finnster01

There has always been something very likeable about the Lions.

But after Barry Sanders walked away I kind of was put off a bit. Looks like they are finally are getting back on track and I am very please to see that.  :clap_hands:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

clintclintdeuce

Very fulhamish indeed sir james of big rapids.
The Dude abides.

CincyFulham1

Even a blind squirrel will occasionaly find a acorn.  :57:

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on September 24, 2011, 08:22:43 AM
Even a blind squirrel will occasionaly find a acorn.  :57:

the squirrel has been blind for 50 years. now it has found the tree.
The Dude abides.

MJG

Three on the bounce now, might have to dig out the cap I have.

SoCalJoe

Unless you root for one of their division rivals, it's downright un-American not to be happy for that city and its' fans.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

MJG

I learnt today that 75% of teams that start 3-0 make the play offs.

AmericanJames

Quote from: SoCalJoe on September 27, 2011, 04:34:13 PM
Unless you root for one of their division rivals, it's downright un-American not to be happy for that city and its' fans.

But how can anybody root for those despicable teams  :011:

AmericanJames

clintclintdeuce

The squirell is now getting quite fat.
The Dude abides.

Hazey

Quote from: finnster01 on September 22, 2011, 02:53:39 PM

But after Barry Sanders walked away I kind of was put off a bit. Looks like they are finally are getting back on track and I am very please to see that.  :clap_hands:

What happened with Barry? Used to love watching him as a kid! Not followed the NFL for years.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

AmericanJames

Quote from: Hazey on September 28, 2011, 06:58:13 PM

What happened with Barry? Used to love watching him as a kid! Not followed the NFL for years.

He got fed up with the poor management of the squad and the culture of losing the surrounded the club and retired 3-4 years too soon. He married a local news anchor and now his son is now a top high school football prospect.

HatterDon

Quote from: AmericanJames on September 28, 2011, 08:41:06 PM
Quote from: Hazey on September 28, 2011, 06:58:13 PM

He got fed up with the poor management of the squad and the culture of losing the surrounded the club and retired 3-4 years too soon. He married a local news anchor and now his son is now a top high school football prospect.

At the time all the "smart people" said that it was just a ploy to get a new contract, or to get traded to a contending club. The "smart people" couldn't believe that anybody would walk away from a big bucks contract like that. Barry was real, though, and didn't come back.

Last pointy football talk from me for a LOOOOONG time.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Steve_orino

I guess this is as good a time as ever....Go Cowboys!!!  :handbags:

Oh geez, I'll get me coat  Get Coat gif
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

AmericanJames

Quote from: Steve_orino on October 01, 2011, 03:37:06 AM
I guess this is as good a time as ever....Go Cowboys!!!  :handbags:

Oh geez, I'll get me coat  Get Coat gif

Hahaha, you'll entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong :005:

Should be a good game sunday, by no way underestimating the 'boys