https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Torres open goal

Started by Burt, September 19, 2011, 09:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Did anyone else see this?
Fernando Torres Beautiful Miss vs Manchester United + Reactions

I was listening to 5Live commentary on the way home from the Citeh match and thought that ManU had scored at first, such was the noise from the crowd.

I am sure this will figure on any "glaring misses" DVD compilation.

Can't be good for his already low confidence levels.

The Equalizer

Played 24, scored 1.

£50Million.

064.gif
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

sipwell

I honestly don't think this would have been such an easy goal to make. He was at full speed with the ball coming in fairly fast and the goalkeeper disrupted his run (so well done De Gea) so he had to dribble the goalkeeper.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

AlFayedsChequebook

Whilst a terrible miss, it does overshadow the fact he had an overall excellent match.

Looks like he might be turning a corner.

Burt

Looking at the highlights generally he did indeed have an excellent match in all respects. Apart from finishing, which is what he is there to do...

He could easily have had a hatrick.

Between us ladies I still think he is a class act, and at some stage it is all going to click, and he is going to make a massive (positive) impact for our neighbours.

Jimpav

Quote from: sipwell on September 19, 2011, 10:16:33 AM
I honestly don't think this would have been such an easy goal to make. He was at full speed with the ball coming in fairly fast and the goalkeeper disrupted his run (so well done De Gea) so he had to dribble the goalkeeper.

I can see what you are saying Mr Sipwell but what puzzles me is that he does the hard work with his left foot (going round the keeper) but then completely fluffs it. Surely just bad luck.

Anyhow, can't see Chelski re-couping £50 million from Torres, shirt sales and merchandise included. If I were a young kid I would be want Aguero on the back of my shirt not Torres.

Luke

Torres in form just before our game against them on Wednesday?? Here comes a hat trick then no doubt!

fp.gif
Here's Davies..... It's on, It is on!!

The Rock

Torres did look impressive - but that was a terrible miss. I am thinking he might be cursed.

jarv

No worries, Chris baird will keep him in check. :54:

Jack Fulham

Shocking miss but the guy looked pretty deadly nonetheless. Hope he doesn't start against us but then again, Chelsea have good strikers in abundance.

Mitch

Great reaction to it in the Lion. God knows why she had so many Chelsea fans in there on a Fulham day though.

CorkedHat

I'm sorry Mr Sipwell but my Grannie could have scored that with her corsets on. It marred an otherwise promising display but when you pay a bloke 50 million, you expect him to tuck away a simple chance like that. Mind you, I dare say that all those who ever played the game have missed similar chances but then I doubt whether we earned what Torres earns.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

TonyGilroy

He's like a golfer with the yips. Something that is nearly impossible to recover from because thinking makes it worse.

alfie

Quote from: CorkedHat on September 19, 2011, 01:44:47 PM
I'm sorry Mr Sipwell but my Grannie could have scored that with her corsets on. It marred an otherwise promising display but when you pay a bloke 50 million, you expect him to tuck away a simple chance like that. Mind you, I dare say that all those who ever played the game have missed similar chances but then I doubt whether we earned what Torres earns.

Just one thing Mr Hat they did not pay him 50 million they paid Liverpool and he did not dictate the price Liverpool did.

Mind you in saying that he does earn a few more pennies than you and me.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

zzamora

Sent Fernando Torres a nice tweet today to cheer him up, he hasn't replied though, probably missed it.

CorkedHat

Quote from: alfie on September 19, 2011, 06:54:09 PM
Quote from: CorkedHat on September 19, 2011, 01:44:47 PM

Just one thing Mr Hat they did not pay him 50 million they paid Liverpool and he did not dictate the price Liverpool did.

Mind you in saying that he does earn a few more pennies than you and me.

Fair point Mr Alfie although by the time his career has ended he will have earned about 50 million from transfer fees, wages, endorsements, appearances and so on but I take your point 092.gif
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Blingo

I hear he is one of the new mister men.......Mister sitter.

Burt

Quote from: Blingo on September 20, 2011, 04:39:43 PM
I hear he is one of the new mister men.......Mister sitter.

:011:

:drums:

LukeJennings

I know this has probably been brang up before. But I absolutely love watching this! 50million well spent hey lads! :011:
Fernando Torres - Worst Miss | Manchester United vs Chelsea 18/09/2011
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!