watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFr all car owners need to read and act on this,

Started by epsomraver, September 21, 2011, 10:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

http://www.stopclause56.org.uk/, this gives "private" parking companies all sorts of rights, several of my friends have had out of the blue parking fines from mc donalds and such like where they have supposedly over stayed but have had no ticket or any thing, suddenly a £100.00 fine comes through the door

TonyGilroy

We have a private car park at the back of our office which was regularly being filled by shoppers ignoring the warning signs.

We use a car parking company, ticket offenders and share the fines which are efficiently collected.

After a few months of that the message was understood and there are hardly any offenders any more.

epsomraver

I assume that you have the correct signs up, also this bill will allow "your " partners the right to pursue the registered keeper not the driver also the offence without any proof either written or photographic, we are also talking "public areas, ie Supermarket and motorway service areas not the back of an office block.

TonyGilroy

We always take photographic evidence when issuing the ticket.

Works a treat.

epsomraver

Perhaps if you get done in a public car park you won't be so keen to support this act?

TonyGilroy

I won't like it if I get done unfairly of course.

finnster01

I actually read a piece on this (private car parking operators) but for the bugger I can't remember where so a big  075.gif for that.

According to memory, evidently the gist was that you stand a good chance to get these overturned if properly contested compared to the regular meter maid ticket/traffic cop ones. I guess it will be harder if they have photo evidence as in Mr Gilroy's case, but there is also the signage as you point out Mr Epsom, how readable is it, from what angle and how far, how about trees with leaves covering stuff in spring & summer etc.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

jarv

On my trips home, I have often rented a car. I have stopped doing this because, in the south east of England, there is NOWHERE  to park. All residence parking! How does anyone visit friends/family on a Sunday any more?
When Fulham playing at Loftus Road, I did find a parking spot. No signs around there! I was pleased to find the car still had wheels when I got back to it after the match :005:
These days, I settle for the wonderfully reliable trains!  079.gif

epsomraver

this is a new tactic now clamping has been largely outlawed, My mate went into a Mcdonalds, had a meal, used the wifi they provide whilst waiting for a friend, he was there just over two hours, drinking and paying for their coffee, no free top ups here Finn, went to his car, no ticket , nothing, then a few days later he gets a mickey mouse parking ticket from UK parking demanding £ 100 fine for breach of parking regulations, he has been advised to ignore it by his solicitor.He is not the only one who i know who has been " done" in this manner,  This new act gives these private companies even more power, one minute the government want to stop bully boy clamping and now are letting another scam in through the back door.

sipwell

Quote from: epsomraver on September 21, 2011, 01:09:54 PM
this is a new tactic now clamping has been largely outlawed, My mate went into a Mcdonalds, had a meal, used the wifi they provide whilst waiting for a friend, he was there just over two hours, drinking and paying for their coffee, no free top ups here Finn, went to his car, no ticket , nothing, then a few days later he gets a mickey mouse parking ticket from UK parking demanding £ 100 fine for breach of parking regulations, he has been advised to ignore it by his solicitor.He is not the only one who i know who has been " done" in this manner,  This new act gives these private companies even more power, one minute the government want to stop bully boy clamping and now are letting another scam in through the back door.

As far as I can read it on the link you sent, it is a proposed bill rather than an actual bill. How can a company issue him a ticket when the law has not even been vetted by Parliament, let alone translated into policy?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

The Equalizer

Quote from: sipwell on September 21, 2011, 02:26:58 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on September 21, 2011, 01:09:54 PM
this is a new tactic now clamping has been largely outlawed, My mate went into a Mcdonalds, had a meal, used the wifi they provide whilst waiting for a friend, he was there just over two hours, drinking and paying for their coffee, no free top ups here Finn, went to his car, no ticket , nothing, then a few days later he gets a mickey mouse parking ticket from UK parking demanding £ 100 fine for breach of parking regulations, he has been advised to ignore it by his solicitor.He is not the only one who i know who has been " done" in this manner,  This new act gives these private companies even more power, one minute the government want to stop bully boy clamping and now are letting another scam in through the back door.

As far as I can read it on the link you sent, it is a proposed bill rather than an actual bill. How can a company issue him a ticket when the law has not even been vetted by Parliament, let alone translated into policy?

It's been happening for years. When I worked in Blockbuster Video in Fulham Broadway so many years ago, we had a guy coming around the back carpark all the time clamping motors. It was thought that because you can put a sign up saying you'll fine someone that it was actually legal. Sadly, many people believed it at the time. I remember this being removed only a few months later though and the company stopped clamping.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc