Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Two birds with one stone:

Schwarzer

Kelly     Senderos  Hangeland  Riise

Murphy Sidwell

Kasami         Dempsey        Dembele

Zamora

West Brom 2-1 Fulham - just because I refuse to believe we will get our first win of the season with an away game, plus Roy is too canny a manager to lose home games to mid-table teams.

ClarksOriginal

I think Jol will probably stay with the same team the drew with Citeh. I'm going to go for a 1-0 away win, early goal and then we'll sit on it.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

elgreenio

Schwarzer

Baird
Senderos
Hangeland
Riise

Duff
Murphy
Sidwell
Dempsey

Dembele
Zamora

Probably be a draw but my heart says WBA 0-2 Fulham, bit of revenge for the unjust result there last year
touch my camera through the fence

TonyGilroy

I think it'll be the City team and I'm fairly optimitic so say 2-1 to us.

The team I'd like to see would be

Schwarzer

Kelly  Grygera Hangeland Riise

Murphy  Baird

Kasami  Dempsey Ruiz

Zamora

Subs  Etheridge  Senderos  Gekcov Sidwell  Frei  Dembele  Duff

richie17

Schwarzer - Kelly, Grygera, Hangeland, Riise - Sidwell, Murphy - Dembele, Dempsey, Duff - Zamora

Harsh on Baird.... Duff needs a good game really.  Might be tempted to give him a rest and play Ruiz, especially as Hodgson will have drilled his team on how to stop him.

TonyGilroy

Ruiz gets in my team because we have to get him integrated and he can't play in Europe. Kasami adds attitude and muscle.

Duff isn't at his best and Hodgson knows all about him. He'll have drawn up plans based on the players he knows and I think we should surprise him. If not Ruiz then Frei. It may be that Ruiz and Dembele are one luxury player too many certainly in tough away games.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 23, 2011, 12:00:23 PM

Ruiz gets in my team because we have to get him integrated and he can't play in Europe. Kasami adds attitude and muscle.

Duff isn't at his best and Hodgson knows all about him. He'll have drawn up plans based on the players he knows and I think we should surprise him. If not Ruiz then Frei. It may be that Ruiz and Dembele are one luxury player too many certainly in tough away games.

Noooooooooooooooo! You used the term 'luxury player'.

What exactly does it mean? The player is either good enough or he is not, luxury does not come into it.

Burt

I would be happy with a draw.

It's not as if we have had many of them so far  :005:

Our away form is still lousy so a point will do.

I know that we should be looking to be more ambitious against clubs around our level, so I would like to see some attacking intent and desire to win.

BalDrick

0-0, doing neither side any good.

From what I've read on here, think he may stick with Sa, or at least give him half an hour.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

TonyGilroy

For me a "luxury player" is one who has potential to do great things but won't consistently play to a team pattern and put in a hard defensive shift.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 23, 2011, 12:11:51 PM
For me a "luxury player" is one who has potential to do great things but won't consistently play to a team pattern and put in a hard defensive shift.

Thing is, I think Dembele does work hard on defense. His form is inconsistent, but I dont think it is a luxury to have him in the side.

HatterDon

Same lineup as v. Man Citeh -- although I'd prefer Briggs to JAR -- and we get our first 3 points and our first away win at the same time, 1-2. Goals from Dembele and Dempsey.

Oh, and what's the over-under on the date the fawning over Roy ends? You'd think he was still our boss.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Andy_M

I'm actually feeling pretty confident about this one as WBA played a number of first team players for the full 120 mins mid-week where obviously we rested the majoirty of our and the first teamers that did play, played reduced games.

I'm going for our first win! 2-1 Fulham!
@got_maile

horse1031

history says we will lose this game 1-0 because we are away from home and we have no luck so far this year.  I am hoping for a 2-0 fulham win with Ruiz getting the second after coming on in the 2nd half.  Here is the lineup...

Aussie
Kelly Senderos Hangeland Riise
Duff Murph Sidwell Dempsey
Zamora Dembele

Riise is going to show up in the this game and maybe get a goal.  I think we will get a goal early on.  Under 15 minutes.

Kasami, Ruiz, Sa to come on as second half subs.

cebu

Barring injuries, I'm guessing it'll be the same lineup as against Citeh.

I suspect 1 goal will decide this one, so I'll toss a coin to see what's what. Heads for Albion, tails for Fulham.
What do you know, Fulham have their tails up - we're gonna win!

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

LukeJennings

lets just gamble and say 3-0 fulham! ruiz + sa debut goals?! where is the optimism guys.
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

CincyFulham1

Schwarzer

Kelly     Senderos  Hangeland  Riise

Murphy Sidwell

Kasami         Dempsey        Dembele

Zamora

2-0 with Bobby and Clint getting the goals.

Sheepskin Junior

Schwarzer
Grygera.              Hangeland.               Senderos.               Briggs
              Sidwell.                  Murphy.                  Duff
                                          Dempsey
                           Zamora.                    Sa

Subs: Etheridge, Baird, Riise, Dembele, Frei, Ruiz, AJ

Brom 1-2 Fulham. Sa early and Dempsey.
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

Burt

Quote from: LukeJennings on September 23, 2011, 11:49:42 PM
lets just gamble and say 3-0 fulham! ruiz + sa debut goals?! where is the optimism guys.

It has been ground down by seasons of mediocre away form...!

Would be fab if Jol could break the mold.