watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pubs this Sunday

Started by Admin, September 28, 2011, 04:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

I've been hearing, true or not, that a few pubs around the Fulham/Putney area will not be opening their doors on Sunday due to the "highly rated" London derby. For christ sake, it's QPHAHA not the filth, Cardiff etc.

I've heard that Anne from the Golden Lion has gone all funny about it and won't be opening her doors, again, true or not, I don't know but I think it may be a good idea that if people are in the know, they should post their finding within this post letting other Fulham faithfuls know.

If you're like me and travel quite a distance to Fulham then I think fans may need to start planning now.   

King_Crud

not the Bricklayers Please!

The Equalizer

You'll be safe in Putney. They're not going to shut every pub just because a couple of middle-aged QPR supporters are crossing the bridge and using harsh language.

The Brick might be advised to shut, but the Whistle will definitely be open. I'll get more info from the landlord of the Whistle tonight and will let you know.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Mitch

Anne is a muppet. Had the Chelsea vs Utd game on after the Fulham vs City game with a pub and had allowed a load of Chelsea fans in, but then wouldnt let an Aussie Man City fan through the door.

If all the local pubs are shut I'll just head to the game before KO.

ffcfairy

Golden Lion always shuts when we play Chelsea, before and after the game so wouldnt suprise me at all if they shut on Sunday!
Putney high street will be fine

The Doctor

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 28, 2011, 04:14:59 PM
The Brick might be advised to shut, but the Whistle will definitely be open. I'll get more info from the landlord of the Whistle tonight and will let you know.

Cheers Eq, that would be much appreciated.  Got a mate coming over from Germany, so would be nice to know of a pub that will definitely be open in case other options fall through.

finnster01

Now I could understand they were closing if I was coming over for the match and getting the FoF old "firm" together before we all head for the Riverside stand to watch the match :005:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

LBNo11

...point of order gents, some time ago I removed 3 qpr members from this MB, subsequently they know FoF exists, and if anyone publicises on here - or any MB where fans will congregate they will be letting the bitters know which pub the Fulham fans will be in.

This has happened before!

Best to PM each other to make any arrangements...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

Just wear a disguise and dress up like QPR fans as shown below. And remember the password at the door is: "Does yer dog bite?"

The Doctor

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 28, 2011, 06:02:59 PM
...point of order gents, some time ago I removed 3 qpr members from this MB, subsequently they know FoF exists, and if anyone publicises on here - or any MB where fans will congregate they will be letting the bitters know which pub the Fulham fans will be in.

In which case I wish it to be known that I will be doing my drinking in The Prince Albert, Twickenham.  Anyone joining me?

LBNo11

Quote from: The Doctor on September 28, 2011, 06:28:03 PM

In which case I wish it to be known that I will be doing my drinking in The Prince Albert, Twickenham.  Anyone joining me?

...point of order (or should that be order a pint?) that is my old local, when the Whiffen's owned it and old George was the cellarman they had the finest Fullers you could wish to taste, far better than Rosie's Prince Blucher - ah the memories...

Burt

My mate works for Youngs, it looks like the Brick will be open as usual, but ready for any problems...

LBNo11

...one of the barmen who works in the Brick was wearing a t-shirt with 'Loftus Road SW12' at the citeh game, I wonder if he will on Sunday..?

finnster01

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 28, 2011, 07:40:24 PM
...one of the barmen who works in the Brick was wearing a t-shirt with 'Loftus Road SW12' at the citeh game, I wonder if he will on Sunday..?

That's an invitation for tar and feathers right there

FatFreddysCat

SW12?  :032:

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 28, 2011, 09:57:15 PM
SW12?  :032:

Laugharse Rd is W12 7PA...

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Admin on September 28, 2011, 04:08:11 PM
I've been hearing, true or not, that a few pubs around the Fulham/Putney area will not be opening their doors on Sunday due to the "highly rated" London derby. For christ sake, it's QPHAHA not the filth, Cardiff etc.

I've heard that Anne from the Golden Lion has gone all funny about it and won't be opening her doors, again, true or not, I don't know but I think it may be a good idea that if people are in the know, they should post their finding within this post letting other Fulham faithfuls know.

If you're like me and travel quite a distance to Fulham then I think fans may need to start planning now.   

With all due respect they`re going to be far worse than Chelsea or Cardiff because they want to come here and basically take the p1ss. One of my QPR mates who is a very nice guy who used to run with the crowd a few years back told me to watch ourselves because they`ve got serious numbers mobbing up for a row, Can think of two pubs in particular that if they`re not shut sunday, they should be

CorkedHat

Quote from: The Doctor on September 28, 2011, 06:28:03 PM

Just invite them round to the Commercial Hotel Rupanyup. Loatsy the Man Mountain has a bigger lunch than half a dozen QPR supporters put together, and if Dusty can carry a ram under each arm and sprint half a mile, anyone wearing blue and white hoops have got no chance. Me? I'll be hiding behind a drip mat!  :down_under:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

The Equalizer

To all hot blooded males out there, I now HIGHLY recommended drinking in The Whistle and Flute. A lovely young bar-lady has just started working there, and I don't believe I've ever seen a more beautiful woman in my lifetime.

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Doctor

A great initiative...people won't mind waiting for ages at the bar when it's busy!