News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

stabbings after match?? (merged threads)

Started by FatFreddysCat, October 02, 2011, 07:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Tom Magee

Thats a relief. I had a few in the Greyhound pre game and it was basically the QPR pub for the day. Full of scarfers, women and children, I would have been more threatened at a Meals on Wheels convention to be honest

The games changed over the years, for the worse if you ask me

Burt

Surely how threatened you feel should not be a yardstick of how good or bad a day you have had following the team.

I for one am quite happy that we live in safer times now.

I get the "tribalism" of football, and like nothing more than a bit of rivalry and banter in the stands to create an atmosphere, but if things revert to knives, bottles and kickings then that's a step back in my view.

I like the fact that I can take my son in his colours to a game safe in the knowledge that he won't get a pasting.

ClarksOriginal

I'm pretty sure I walked past Durrells on my way home and it was nothing like this post suggests.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

MJG

Did not see or hear of any trouble yesterday, came through Putney/Bishops Park and then sat in the putney end.
Yes there were a load of them around me but they soon kept their mouth shut while we ripped the crap out of them.

Burt

Just remembered that there was an R's fan walking through Bishops Park afterward with the match-ball (if you remember, it went in to the QPR lot and was not returned). He seemed dead chuffed that AJ had scored a hattrick and would not be able to keep the ball which he had actually put in the net 3 times.

Tom Magee

That ball was in the Thames

Quote from: Burt on October 03, 2011, 04:34:54 PM
Just remembered that there was an R's fan walking through Bishops Park afterward with the match-ball (if you remember, it went in to the QPR lot and was not returned). He seemed dead chuffed that AJ had scored a hattrick and would not be able to keep the ball which he had actually put in the net 3 times.

ffcfairy

The scrap in the durrell happened before the game, some of the chaps i know were there and thats why they came to the lion

finnster01

All a little bit of  :handbags: ouside from what I hear, nobody hurt, and thank the good Lord for that. That's the way it should be.

COYW!!
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Burt

Quote from: Tom Magee on October 03, 2011, 04:43:18 PM
That ball was in the Thames

Quote from: Burt on October 03, 2011, 04:34:54 PM

Two balls were lost, ooh er missus.

One got hoofed over the Riverside stand.

The other was an off-target shot that went in to the section where most of the QPR supporters were, and it didn't get returned...