watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Prem Teams Currently Wobbling/In Disarray

Started by White Noise, October 03, 2011, 06:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Bolton, Blackburn - Niall Quinn just left Sunderland - which won't help.

Any others looking shaky?

Burt

How about Arsenal?

Not in terms of potential relegation candidates, but in terms of looking at another season where they will not be challenging for league honours... Or indeed may not get any silverware at all (that would be 7 consecutive seasons).

Fletchino

Qpr half there squad are out injured and they have just been hammered 6-0

MJG

I saw Martin Keown interviewed today and they were showing bits of Arsenal this season and for a moment I thought would the Arsenal board really sack Wenger and you know what, yes I think they would if by the new year let's say they were 10th.
Its a results driven business and in the end empty seats at Arsenal are not going to go down well.
Sunderland have Bruce and thats where there problem is, once he goes I think they will be ok.
Bolton is a strange one as i like the way Coyle plays the game, but maybe the direct style at the club is so hard to change he can't get them to do it his way. Needs to get rid of Davies for them to push on.
Blackburn have had it if Kean stays.

DukeTyrion

Wigan look a bit in trouble too ... but that's more down to a lack of funds I think

DukeTyrion

Quote from: MJG on October 03, 2011, 07:13:26 PM
Bolton is a strange one as i like the way Coyle plays the game, but maybe the direct style at the club is so hard to change he can't get them to do it his way. Needs to get rid of Davies for them to push on.

Bolton have played 5 of the top 6 teams, so I think there position is a little unfair. They have a pile of easy games coming up.

WhiteJC

I think Everton are in trouble, mainly financial, but what would happen to them if Moyes left?

timmyg

Quote from: Burt on October 03, 2011, 06:45:53 PM
How about Arsenal?

Not in terms of potential relegation candidates, but in terms of looking at another season where they will not be challenging for league honours... Or indeed may not get any silverware at all (that would be 7 consecutive seasons).

Unless they turn things around they may not even get into Europe next season.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Matt Inglis

Bolton unstable? Have you seen who they've played?!
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

americanmike

Didn't realise Nial quinn left Sunderland...hmmm, not sure if thats good or bad.

HatterDon

I don't think he did. I think he just took a different position within the organization. The Yank is in charge.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: HatterDon on October 04, 2011, 03:10:54 AM
I don't think he did. I think he just took a different position within the organization. The Yank is in charge.

You're right Mr Hatter, Quinn is no longer chairman, that is now Ellis Short (also the owner). Quinn, if I have understood his position correctly, is to raise the profile of Sunderland all over the world.

Now this may appear short sighted from my point, but surely this task for Quinn is going to be incredibly hard. Sunderland are hardly a fashionable club, I would say they do not have the appeal of a MUFC, Arse, Pool or even us. They are from an area which isn't exactly beautiful is it? The football they play doesn't set the world alight either, and other than Sessegnon and Gyan (now on loan) I can't see any othr players who would raise Sunderlands profile abroad.

That said, I don't think they could have chosen a better person to attempt this, Quinn is very much Mr Sunderland and he will have everything to try and raise the profile of the club. I just hope it doesn't bite him on the 'arris and ends up with him getting the boot.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Tom Magee

Riversider

QPR , by a million miles, before the season started they were all delighted with the start that they had been given, and here we are after 7 games with them below Swansea and Norwich, their next game is a massive MUST win at home to Blackburn , because their next 8 games that follow include Chelsea, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd and Stoke City away !!!
Barton has also had a flare up with Keith Curle (Assistant Manager) and half the first team squad apparently, and then there is Adel Taraabt !
I fully expect Colin to be gone before Christmas  098.gif

BalDrick

Barring promoted clubs, only one of whom I have seen (and I think we all know what happened to them), Sunderland and Blackburn are the two I'd worry about. Both have awful managers long past their sell-by date, absolutely amazed either are still employed. Bruce has had huge funds thrown his way, with which he's done the square root of nothing.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

richie17

Wigan have been an accident waiting to happen for years.

Blackburn are looking shaky but do have good players.

Bolton agree above, but these things do have a habit of spiralling.  Just because the games are easier on paper, the fact that they're bottom of the table really won't help.

Arsenal's a bit annoying. I'm sure in the history of the game teams have off seasons all the time. It happens, and if everyone would stop squawking they'd be fine within a couple of seasons. 

Fulham - Sunday was brilliant but I'm still not convinced.  Could be a tricky season.

QPR, Swansea and Norwich - promoted teams tend to start brightly then fade.  So I think all of these will drop and fight for their survival.

WBA - don't look so clever.  Roy has a history of doing well but at Blackburn it went pear shaped for him. Interesting to see what happens here.

King_Crud

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on October 04, 2011, 09:58:35 AM
You're right Mr Hatter, Quinn is no longer chairman, that is now Ellis Short (also the owner). Quinn, if I have understood his position correctly, is to raise the profile of Sunderland all over the world.

Right, I'm off to the Carribbean, Tahiti, Fiji, the beaches of Rio, Great Barrier Reef..................to.....um.....promote Sunderland! I'll charge it on the company card. See you in 6 months.

BalDrick

'WBA - don't look so clever.  Roy has a history of doing well but at Blackburn it went pear shaped for him. Interesting to see what happens here.'

No I think they're good for lower/mid-table obscurity and the potential of a cup run every now and then - not unlike us actually, albeit I'd say we're mid-table rather than lower/mid-table. RH does have previous of leaving places with alarming alacrity though.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

AlFayedsChequebook

No way all three promoted teams stay up. At least one will go down, which I think unfortunately will be Bolton as they have a thin and very average squad by premier league standards.

Wigan don't look likely to escape the drop this season, especially since they have lost N'Zogbia and have little money. Defensively they are awful.

Bolton could be in trouble, but they will be best judged by where they are at christmas. If they are in and around the bottom 3 I can definitely see trouble, especially as Cahill is going to leave in Jan (no way they risk losing him for nothing)

Who knows what will happen with Blackburn, but if they keep steve kean they will go down. No doubt he will be sacked at christmas.

West Brom - should turn it around under Roy but their big problem has been their defence this season. Without a solid base I wonder how restricted Roy will be to the team.