more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reasons to hate chelsea

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, October 04, 2011, 09:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

From the ever-scathing Surreal Football:
http://www.surrealfootball.com/2011/10/04/reasons-to-hate-chelsea/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twitter-publisher-main&utm_campaign=twitter

He blamed a couple of offside decisions against Manchester United, but that's not why they lost. Fernando Torres shanked one and the other players couldn't better their iffy defence – that's why. Chelsea have been a crumpled version of the old act under Andre Villas Boas . A beard colour that doesn't match his hair and clashes with his lips, just another chump. Mourinho without the charisma or turn of phrase. Scolari, Hiddink and Ancelotti were all decent men, but they need another Mourinho, a majestic arsehole. Villas Boas is just Mourinho muscle memory though. Pained complaints about the linesman reminded you of the intrinsic Chelsea, the one with no class. For all their changes, under their new trophy sheen, they're still malignant. The Big Four club that had to buy its own furniture, Chelsea cannot escape their history of vileness.

They haven't expunged the skinhead scumbags, they've simply added a new dimension. Mourinho dismantled Arsenal, leaving Chelsea the club of choice for young Southerners. They gained more fans: the toffs. London is a diabolical place, but Chelsea is the most objectionable. The rich arrivistes definitely match the club – unjustifiably monied, with an inevitable affiliation with the owner. Old Trafford has its prawn sandwich executive boxes, Chelsea fans have their own prawn sandwich lunchboxes. Roy Keane would challenge a fan's motivations, but Frank Lampard would even vote for the same party as them.

In 1980, when Chelsea could attract just 12,000 watching their own light blue Wimbledon, there was no reason to expect they'd use money to hide their hate. They no longer have Chopper Harris as an idol, a hero through sheer lack of competition. From those miserable offerings to the Champions League with 40,000 fans a week, an increase made of the clearest plastic. At least City, after their takeover and glamour gigs, have gained absolutely no new fans.

A decade on, football had its New Testament moment in 1992, and Chelsea missed the Sky memo. They retained their agitated meat brigade, dealing out Nazi salutes with as much joy as they did their racist beatings. Their support has now changed utterly for the better, of course. Chelsea aren't that sort of club anymore. Of course, the Chelsea hissing taunts stopped instantly as soon as the Jewish Roman Abramovich rescued them. They grew up and realised their ignorance helped nobody. They became examples of decency, held up by supporters across England. So it was such a surprise to hear 'Let him die!' directed at the Foreign Man, Javier Hernandez after Ashley Cole chalked up another moral victory.

While the most objectionable people at Chelsea used to be kept in the stands, with John Terry they broke onto the pitch. JT, the white man who had a fruity discussion with the black Ledley King during a sending off, he's their icon. Their Cantona, the man with the intrinsic emotional bond between player and supporters. A humble man who considered a fitting tribute to Guus Hiddink to be, 'he kept in touch with me – which shows the measure of the man,' without irony. This is their icon, who abused his position as club and England captain – no apology yet. Mr Chelsea, who supposedly put the knife in Mourinho's back. Like Chelsea overall, he carries the unearned air of knowledge and civility, only to out himself as charmless and self-regarding. There are two types of front bottom in this world, everyone else, and those who are John Terry.

If the gravest fault of the new fan is to act as the propaganda wing of the club, rather than its beaten lover, it is most prevalent at Chelsea. Abramovich's rape of Russian national resources? Well, revolution is a messy business. John Terry using his tig in the woman Wayne Bridge had a child with? Didn't matter, it happened after they'd split up. Ashley Cole shot a man? Horseplay.

The veneer of respectability, with the undercurrent of filth and nastiness is everywhere. From loveable tax skipper Ken Bates to loveable tax skipper Roman Abramovich. From Chopper Harris to Terry's Chopper. From braindead racists to braindead racists with a toff topping. Their DNA hasn't changed.

Burt

I always hate a journo that beats about the bush and doesn't say what they truly think  :dft011:

LBNo11

...blimey, that basically sums up my thoughts on the dark side, and I thought I was the only one to think like this.. :Haynes The Maestro:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Mitch

Stopped reading when he decided to go political. I like to keep my football and my politics separate.

King_Crud

so, does he like Chelsea or not?

sipwell

That is a rather well written and researched article :o
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

MontenegroWhite

1. In my view they are most unfair team.
2. Mourinho was such an idiot, and rude.
3. For me John Terry is one of the most hated persons in football.
4. They were average team for years, and now they have billions to spend so they want to be giants. No fuckin' way. Poor old Chelscum...

5. And yes, I hate them because I LOVE FULHAM FC.

Jimbobob

We need a reason????
064.gif 064.gif 064.gif
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

HatterDon

They are still the most recent club I've seen where the fans are blatanly racist. It was about 6 or 7 years ago that I saw them shower Rio Ferdinand with bananas when he came up for a Man U. corner. Interestingly, I read nothing about the incident in the "sporting press" nor did the commentators say anything about it. I was shocked, because I thought the bananas and the monkey imitations had gone out of style with the birth of the Prem.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Holders

It's he second thing you learn when you're born, immediately after "here suck this".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria