watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

R.I.P Steve Jobs

Started by Tomo, October 06, 2011, 02:07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomo

Very sad day indeed, a great leader and inspirational person.

RIP to a legend

http://www.apple.com/uk/stevejobs/
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

nevzter

Here, here.  A business genius.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Nick the Swede

Oh bollocks! If it was anyone that would find a cure for cancer soon it was him, and it would have been the most well designed piece of medicine we've seen.

Come on now Steve, make sure to upgrade to Apple OS in heaven before the rest of us get there, as they already have Windows in hell!

Very sad news indeed!
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

WhiteJC

very sad news, I hope that Jonathan Ive changes his mind and stays as chief designer

3 apples that changed the world...

Adam & Eve
Isaac Newton
Steve Jobs computer

an interesting thing about the apple logo is that it is a tribute to Alan Turing. Turing, who Jobs considered the "Father" of computing, committed suicide by eating an apple laced with cyanide, hence the apple with a bite out of it

luckykat

Pancreatitic cancer is the worst one of the lot in terms of cure rates (there is no cure). I have had several bouts of pancreatitis so I have researched the subject. The NHS announced in March this year that their main treatment for patients with pancreatitic cancer will be to boost patients' immune systems in the hope their bodies will cure themselves. There surely must be a better way, but there is minimal research compared to lung cancer and breast cancer.

RIP Steve.

sipwell

RIP Steve Jobs. I am personally not a fan of Apple products but I surely admire such an inspirational and clear sighted man!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Burt

Wow...sad to hear, and so soon after exiting the business.

He changed the world.

Mitch

I respect his passing as a person....but as an inventor, he's not done anything that changes the way I look at the world OR invented anything I can live without. Alexander Fleming for example - that's an inventor.

King_Crud

i thought an apple a day was meant to keep the doctor away...........

I have my coat and I'm leaving

Matt Inglis

RIP to a truly great man.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Tomo

Steve jobs may not have been an inventor but he had the best business model around, and it's sad to see a great man die at such a young age. He was a visionary and personally I think apple will not be the same without him.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

bmasar

Let's not forget founding Pixar!

finnster01

Passed away at 56... Oh Dear.

Maybe it is just me (getting older) but they seem to be knocking on heavens door earlier and earlier these days. 56 is no age for anybody. I guess as Billy Joel says, only the good dies young.

RIP Mr Jobs. I don't care what anyone says, in 400 years you will be in the great history book of inventors alongside Copernicus and DaVinci
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jimbobob

Quote from: Tomo on October 06, 2011, 11:01:30 PM
Steve jobs may not have been an inventor but he had the best business model around, and it's sad to see a great man die at such a young age. He was a visionary and personally I think apple will not be the same without him.

Tomo:
Great point. The company was in terrible shape before he was brought back and we have reaped those creations. iPod iTunes iPhone iPad and on and on.
His is a very sad loss indeed.  :016:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

SheffieldWhite

I agree with all of the posts above regarding his business acumen and genius for creating coruscating technology but, having just read his full page obituary in The Daily Telegraph, this obviously came at a price.There, he is also painted as ruthless, scheming, manipulative and amoral within the company and not much better in his private life. I wonder if the DT has a different agenda?

White Noise

Quote from: SheffieldWhite on October 07, 2011, 08:54:47 AM
I agree with all of the posts above regarding his business acumen and genius for creating coruscating technology but, having just read his full page obituary in The Daily Telegraph, this obviously came at a price.There, he is also painted as ruthless, scheming, manipulative and amoral within the company and not much better in his private life. I wonder if the DT has a different agenda?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/technology-obituaries/8810037/Steve-Jobs-obituary.html

sipwell

Quote from: SheffieldWhite on October 07, 2011, 08:54:47 AM

Don't they say that every outstanding manager is a bit of a (social) psychopate? (S)He needs those "characteristics" to function as (s)he functions
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Bertie Wooster

A great visionary, and I love this silhouette in the apple that reminds me of a great genius and our club in the same time.