https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan Ruiz: give me some time

Started by sipwell, October 06, 2011, 08:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

Beat the Whities to this one

Ruiz: "In Nederland seconde langer nadenken"

Bryan Ruiz is bij Fulham nog lang niet de ster die hij bij FC Twente was. Ook tijdens de eerste zege van het seizoen op Queens Park Rangers (6-0) mocht de aanvaller pas een kwartier voor tijd invallen.

Ruiz vraagt in Costa Ricaanse media om meer tijd. De ex-voetballer van FC Twente en AA Gent moet wennen aan zijn nieuwe club en omgeving. "Ik heb geen gemakkelijke periode achter de rug, maar ik weet dat ik genoeg kansen zal krijgen", zegt de vleugelaanvaller.

"In Nederland had ik een seconde langer om na te denken", legt Ruiz het verschil tussen Eredivisie en Premier League uit. "Dat maakt een groot verschil. Er wordt meer druk gezet, waardoor ik minder tijd heb om mijn actie te maken."

Ook de dubbele dekking zorgt voor aanpassing. Ruiz: "In Nederland heb je ook meer één-tegen-één-situaties. In de Premier League zitten ze onmiddellijk met twee man in je nek."

http://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/site/nieuws/182240/Ruiz_In_Nederland_seconde_langer_nadenken.html
=======================================
Summary:
1) In Holland I had one second longer to think. That is a big difference;
2) In England you are pressured faster, so I have less time to make my action;
3) In Holland there were more one on one situations. In the PL you immediately have two players attacking you.
4) Give me some time and I'll show my qualities
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Aldo

Fair enough! He has shown with odd touches that he is capable. We just need to give him some time to get up to speed. Same as many imports form the continent!

JBH

Im willing to give him time to settle he has already shown in glimpses that he has something to offer  :54:

Scrumpy

I've already seen enough to tell he has quality. He'll need time, but I think he'll be a good player for us.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Holders

I was just thinking that it wasn't too hard to understand, then I scrolled down and found the translation!

I like the look of him but at present he seems like a bit of a luxury player. I'm not quite sure where he'll fit in, it's early days but he seems a bit like Dempsey. And two Dempseys is a nice luxury to have.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

TonyGilroy

Two, possibly 3 if no Johnson, out of Dempsey, Dembele, Duff, Kasami and Ruiz with Simon Davies to come.

Tough competition and he'll need some improvement but the potential is clearly there.

Burt

He has been getting better with every game.

I'm sure his quality will shine through...

WHITEwitch

The main complaint about Demps when he arrived was that he wasn't up to the pace and got knocked off the ball too easily.

He toughened up and you can't fault him for pace now.

Ruiz will come good.

Personally I think Sa is the dark horse here - I expect great things from Sa.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 07, 2011, 07:56:00 AM

Two, possibly 3 if no Johnson, out of Dempsey, Dembele, Duff, Kasami and Ruiz with Simon Davies to come.

Tough competition and he'll need some improvement but the potential is clearly there.
Ruiz has, by far the best hair of all of these...

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on October 07, 2011, 09:07:24 AM

Which is why he's cost the most money. God knows what his resale value will be if he loses it.

It's probably the reason Wenger didn't want Brede.

BalDrick

I think the key here is that the manager needs to balance giving him enough time to adapt and learn whilst at the same time not letting other players - who are already used to the Prem - sit on the bench watching him learn/fluff his lines. I know we all wanted a cricket score last weekend but in hindsight, be brought him on very late didn't he? Bit annoying as everyone was passing to him despite being in a better position, and when he did have half a scoring chance he failed to pick out the easy pass for Sa to open his account.

Both these players, once they get their first goals, will do well for us - Ruiz better than Sa I suspect, albeit Ruiz will always attract the thugs, whereas Sa might get off relatively that-sort-of-attention-free.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

AlFayedsChequebook

Foreign player in 'give me some time to adapt to the prem' shock.

Didn't Dembele say something similar last season when he arrived?

I reckon that Ruiz will be some people's 'flop of the year' candidate in May, especially considering the fee. This season/the next six months will be an adjustment period, lucky we have a strong squad to allow him to develop. No doubts that he will be a pivotal figure at some point this season

epsomraver

Difference was dembele hit the ground running against Manure,really playing well until he got crocked at Pubis place  you could see the potential straight away, not so apparent with Ruiz, but I really feel he will come good once he settles

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 07, 2011, 09:10:22 AM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on October 07, 2011, 09:07:24 AM

Which is why he's cost the most money. God knows what his resale value will be if he loses it.

It's probably the reason Wenger didn't want Brede.

Exactly!  This is why (upon seeing Rooneys successful hair transplant) AJ is playing hardball over signing a new contract...

BalDrick

Liking your avatar Mr Malone, looks like we've got the rhythm section sorted between us...

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: BalDrick on October 07, 2011, 10:53:58 AM
Liking your avatar Mr Malone, looks like we've got the rhythm section sorted between us...

I was hoping to keep the T shirt away from the preying eyes of the Floyd Old Farts brigade, but I fear I may now be outed...

BalDrick

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on October 07, 2011, 12:29:21 PM

I was hoping to keep the T shirt away from the preying eyes of the Floyd Old Farts brigade, but I fear I may now be outed...

As it happens (you'd never have guessed from my avatar), I too hate that band, with a vengeance.

cmg

Sid! Dunno about the rhythm - he should certainly have been Sectioned.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: BalDrick on October 07, 2011, 01:53:36 PM

As it happens (you'd never have guessed from my avatar), I too hate that band, with a vengeance.

it's OK to dislike Pink Floyd on here but mention it only at the level of a whisper, otherwise some all powerful old bloke, no doubt wearing sandals, gives you a right royal ticking off...

BalDrick

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on October 07, 2011, 03:41:29 PM
Quote from: BalDrick on October 07, 2011, 01:53:36 PM

it's OK to dislike Pink Floyd on here but mention it only at the level of a whisper, otherwise some all powerful old bloke, no doubt wearing sandals, gives you a right royal ticking off...

Think I'm big and ugly enough to handle that! Have had the misfortune of seeing Roger Waters interviewed, what a [expletive deleted] that man is.