more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (07/10/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 07, 2011, 08:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Winter Retail Catalogue

Sign up now to receive the brand new winter 2011 retail catalogue and get your hands on the latest range of Fulham FC products, before the Christmas season and throughout 2011/12. Once registered, your catalogue will be sent out as soon as it is available, from the beginning of November.

This season's new winter retail catalogue features the all new, Third Kit, to really step up the style for the 2011/12 Season. Supporters can now purchase the special fans version of this brand new Fulham shirt which honours Fulham's greatest ever player, Johnny Haynes.

The brand new Kappa Training and Travel Collections are also featured in th new winter retail catalogue. Both ranges are worn by the First Team, making them a real must-have for all Fulham FC fans. Sign up today!

Please note Season Ticket holders and Members will automatically receive a copy of the brand new winter 2011 catalogue with their Fultime edition, which is due out in the next few months.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/October/RetailCatalogue.aspx?#ixzz1a6seez9I

WhiteJC

Dempsey's World Cup Target

Having earned more than 70 international caps for the USA and competed at two World Cups in Germany and South Africa, Clint Dempsey is now targeting the 2014 Finals in Brazil.

"I want to play in another World Cup and I'm looking forward to Brazil," said Dempsey. "Hopefully we can qualify for it. We want to make the most of our careers and play in as many competitions as possible.

"That's the way I look at it and it's my main goal right now. I will assess things after that World Cup as to whether I'll continue my [international] career or not."

Dempsey has teamed up with the US team this week ahead of two international friendly matches against Honduras on Saturday at the Sun Life Stadium in Miami, before Tuesday's match against Ecuador at the Red Bull Arena in New York.

"We have a game in Miami and another one in New York so this will be the first time that I am playing with the US team under Klinsmann in the States," said Dempsey.

"I'm looking forward to going back and getting with the guys and trying to get our first win (under Jürgen Klinsmann) because we haven't had it yet."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/October/DempseysWorldCupTarget.aspx?#ixzz1a6t7xLdy

WhiteJC

Murphy's Law: Zamora AJ and Dempsey is a dangerous combo for Fulham

"We know that Zamora and AJ link up well and, along with Clint Dempsey, now look like scoring every time they enter the final third"

Now that is just what the doctor ordered. After the goalless draw at the Hawthorns, it was beginning to look like Fulham would never get a win.

Then in the space of four days Fulham discovered the winning touch, and discovered it in style.

First up Fulham travelled to Denmark, to face Odense. It was a hard-fought game in Denmark's second city but with the travelling support in good form (fuelled by Ryan's bar deals) Fulham came home with a 2-0 win, with Andy Johnson scoring both.

Next up Fulham would face West London rivals QPR, for the first time in a decade, at Craven Cottage.

After grapping eight points from their opening six games you could really sense the optimism from the Rangers fans on the walk to the ground and with Joey Barton and SWP in their ranks they had enough quality to take Fulham apart. How wrong they were.

Fulham came out of the traps all guns blazing and with little over a minute on the clock, that man Johnson and given Fulham the lead.

AJ would go on to complete his hat-trick as Fulham humiliated their west London opponents and hit them for six.

The first win was along time coming but it was worth the wait and QPR must now realise why this is the best league in the world, and what is required to stay in it for over a decade.

I, along with others have been critical of AJ in the past, but now he is adding goals to his hard work, Martin Jol needs to sort out his contract, or face losing him.

We know that Zamora and AJ link up well and, along with Clint Dempsey, now look like scoring every time they enter the final third. Fulham also have, an ever improving Mousa Demble who is willing to run at defenders and open up space.

With the good form of these players Bryan Ruiz will be able to find his feet without the added pressure of everyone just looking at him for goals.

It a shame the international break came when it did, but well done to Bobby for making the squad. I think the confidence will still be there when the players get back together next week and the season can now really begin.

Also in my opinion any player who misses a tackle let alone a penalty against Chelsea should be fined......

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/murphy_s_law_zamora_aj_and_dempsey_is_a_dangerous_combo_for_fulham_1_1083204?

WhiteJC

Cook Available!

My, it has been a long time since we mentioned the name of Lee Cook.

Having been signed from Queens Park Rangers, only to spend a lot of time on the treatment table before hot-footing it back to Shepherds Bush proclaiming it was the only place he wanted to be, he was never going to be a favourite of ours.

But it now turns out that Lee is looking for a new home having been left behind in the maelstrom that has seen Queens Park Rangers elevated to a Premier League club.

Anyone care to guess where the 29 year-old might end up?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=258145#ixzz1a75sxWS3

WhiteJC

Briggs Impresses

Matthew Briggs continues to impress.

Yesterday (or was it the day before), we were hoping that Matthew would be picked by Stuart Pearce for the U21 fixture against Iceland.

Well our wishes were granted as Matthew was not only selected but played an impressive part in the 3-0 win over Iceland, a win that saw the former Southampton teenager - now at Arsenal, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, massively impress with a hat-trick.

Next up is Norway and we sincerely expect Matthew`s name to be on that team sheet again!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=258144#ixzz1a76Faxms

WhiteJC

Ruiz Reflects

The international break has given Bryan Ruiz a chance to reflect on his first few weeks in English football.

Our £10 million Costa Rican signing, from Dutch football, hasn`t got off to the flyer we`d all expected, however, he`s realistic enough to accept that the move from Dutch football to the Premier League will involve a time period of adjustment.

Speaking to the media this is what Ruiz is reported to have said,

"I`ve not had a comfortable time so far."

"When I played in Holland I used to have an extra second to think."

"That makes a big difference. Here I am placed under greater pressure and get less time to act on the pitch."

"You also get more one-on-one situations in Dutch football. Here you get two players breathing down your neck straight away."

We`re sure it`s something that Ruiz will get used to and will overcome, but like most things it`ll take time!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=258146#ixzz1a76VxwRY