watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Most Improved Fulham Player?

Started by White Noise, March 09, 2010, 06:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

I was reading the mighty Brian Woolnough in 'The Mirror today and he contends that Bobby Zamora is the most improved player in The Premiership this season. Who do you think has made the greatest leap forward for Fulham this season?

finnster01

Hard to argue with that WN.

I think the unsung hero in many ways is Baird though. He never looked this good ever.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

mrska

Zamora...  but him aside,  i think Gera has come on leaps and bounds...  He didnt have a good game Saturday, but has put in a much better effort this year...

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FFCOutpostCommander

What is truly remarkable is that a persuasive case could be made for several Fulham players this year. While Baird was the biggest surprise to me, I would have to say that Bobby would be the most likely choice as he has turned more heads outside of our own supporters. Earned and deserves all the applauds he getting!
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

Tom

Quote from: White Noise on March 09, 2010, 06:54:19 PM
I was reading the mighty Brian Woolnough in 'The Mirror today and he contends that Bobby Zamora is the most improved player in The Premiership this season. Who do you think has made the greatest leap forward for Fulham this season?
Can't argue with that and I agree.
Fulham for life!

GoldCoastWhite

I think Bobatov just shades Chris Baird, and an honourable mention to Gera. Gera always had it but is proving to be far more consistent this season whilst Baird is now looking so much more assured at RB, as well as doing a damn good job wherever else he's asked to cover. Bobatov is getting more and more plaudits from observers outside the club and that must do his confidence no end of good, spurring him on to even better performances.

Huge

Can't argue with BZ. But if you were to ask who is the most improved since Roy arrived then i would say Dempsey.
The Dude abides

epsomraver

Sorry but I think Hughes is the most improved, he has shone under Roy, he was iffy under Sanchez but Roy has created a real unsung hero there

Tonywa

Zamora played reasonably well last season, but his finishing has improved so much this year that he almost looks like a different player.  On occasions Gera has shown more of the sort of form he used to display regularly from West Brom, but over all I think that Chris Baird has shown an almost unbelievable improvement, not only emerging as a first class defensive midfielder, but also a more than decent centre back and a right back of the sort of quality one could only have dreamy of after his dismal showing when the dreaded Sanchez was manager.  Just shows what a really good manager demonstrating confidence in a player's ability can do.

Serotonin

Zamora without a doubt, but with Gera not far behind. They are both playing with confidence now which I think makes a big difference. There were times when the crowd got on their backs last season, and I know its a vicious circle kicked off by some iffy performances, but they have both turned things round. Gera's goal against Man Utd last March seemed to help him kick on. As for Bobby, maybe breaking his duck with his arse on the opening day of the season lifted some pressure off him coming in to this season..

Abbotsbury White

I'd have to for Bobby as well,I kept saying last season to my lad that if Bobby was a 15-20 goals a season player Fulham wouldn't be able to afford him,he's always worked hard and holds the ball well bringing others into play now he has added the goals which after all is what the game is about,the others mentioned do deserve credit especially Baird who was being crucified a while ago and is now recognised by most as a great team player,if you take into account the torrid time he had and come through it the way he has well that certainly takes some balls..
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

timmyg

Zamora has been producing the most, but Chris Baird's play has been other worldly considering his history.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

The Equalizer

Quote from: timmyg on March 10, 2010, 02:49:53 PM
Zamora has been producing the most, but Chris Baird's play has been other worldly considering his history.

But you also have to consider the position he's played in. Okay, he seems to be doing the job very well as righ-back now, but before Roy put him in central defense with Smalling for the Euro games he was absolutely woeful. He's definitely a better central player though and I would love to see him in midfield with Greening instead of Etuhu who I think he been largely suspicious of late.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

Pantsil. We have missed him since his injury and improves with every game. With the odd set back.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope