watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Get behind Jol...same old story every year

Started by horse1031, October 16, 2011, 10:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horse1031

Reading this message board after a loss is hard for me to take.  Same old get the coach out and Danny Murphy is past it.  Every year we do the same thing whether it is woy hughes or Martin.  We start slowly in august September and October and play catch up for a couple of months.  Give the gaffer a chance he is working on tactics.  Losing away at stoke is going to happen every once and awhile.  I am sure he is just as perplexed how we can score 6 and should have had more and now barely create any at stoke.  Relegation?  Get a grip!  We are far from worrying about that.  Get behind the team...the whole team!  Sick of hearing the same ol stuff after a loss.  So we have struggled a bit, what did you expect with a new manager?  I am annoyed with the way we played yesterday but we will have those days.  Last week we just beat a former rival 6 to 0.  Seriously... :003:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: horse1031 on October 16, 2011, 10:40:14 PM
Reading this message board after a loss is hard for me to take.  Same old get the coach out and Danny Murphy is past it.  Every year we do the same thing whether it is woy hughes or Martin.  We start slowly in august September and October and play catch up for a couple of months.  Give the gaffer a chance he is working on tactics.  Losing away at stoke is going to happen every once and awhile.  I am sure he is just as perplexed how we can score 6 and should have had more and now barely create any at stoke.  Relegation?  Get a grip!  We are far from worrying about that.  Get behind the team...the whole team!  Sick of hearing the same ol stuff after a loss.  So we have struggled a bit, what did you expect with a new manager?  I am annoyed with the way we played yesterday but we will have those days.  Last week we just beat a former rival 6 to 0.  Seriously... :003:

:clap_hands: :clap_hands: well said that man :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

RidgeRider

Horse, I get annoyed too but I'm learning to let it go. Fulham passion runs high with posters so this is a good place to blow off some steam. For every poster blurting out the "sky is falling" and Jol should be "tarred and feathered" there are 4 that don't feel that way but just don't post. I think most just want to see us do better as I think we all know we have the squad to be top 10.

Let's hope for a good week this week and things will settle down again.

COYW!!

Jack Fulham

I tend to ignore most threads after we lose because of some of the garbage i see. Top post.

White Noise

Traffic levels seem to go down on here after a loss. I think those who are hit hard by it try not to share it as much as used to be the case and those who are not so hard hit avoid arguing with the first lot. After a couple of days everyone has calmed down and you all look ahead to the next match.

ImperialWhite

Exactly!

Last season: Boxing Day relegation zone --> second highest finish ever come May.

And that was with Mark "Fulham FC is beneath me" Hughes...  :hook:

manxman

Quote from: ImperialWhite on October 16, 2011, 10:57:38 PM
Exactly!

Last season: Boxing Day relegation zone --> second highest finish ever come May.

And that was with Mark "Fulham FC is beneath me" Hughes...  :hook:
:54:

"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Tom

Quote from: horse1031 on October 16, 2011, 10:40:14 PM
Reading this message board after a loss is hard for me to take.  Same old get the coach out and Danny Murphy is past it.  Every year we do the same thing whether it is woy hughes or Martin.  We start slowly in august September and October and play catch up for a couple of months.  Give the gaffer a chance he is working on tactics.  Losing away at stoke is going to happen every once and awhile.  I am sure he is just as perplexed how we can score 6 and should have had more and now barely create any at stoke.  Relegation?  Get a grip!  We are far from worrying about that.  Get behind the team...the whole team!  Sick of hearing the same ol stuff after a loss.  So we have struggled a bit, what did you expect with a new manager?  I am annoyed with the way we played yesterday but we will have those days.  Last week we just beat a former rival 6 to 0.  Seriously... :003:
+1 and well said!
Fulham for life!

Lighthouse

After every game that we play badly and people complain the same people come up and say that the same people complain and say the same things and we should remember where we came from and we may have only won  one game this season but we are always rubbish so why complain.

It always seems odd that if we all keep saying the same thing and then keep saying the same thing about saying the same thing and complaining about it. Why do we have MBs if we are not supposed to say the same thing. Or are we all just supposed to praise Soviet Fulham whatever the result?

I supported Hughes after Boxing Day. Many of the people who say we shouldn't complain didn't support Hughes. So some of us say the same thing but not always in the same order.  :doh:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 17, 2011, 12:16:12 AM
After every game that we play badly and people complain the same people come up and say ......Or are we all just supposed to praise Soviet Fulham whatever the result?  :doh:

Well,there is less stress taking that road .. so it's got something going for it !!  :wum:  :wum:  :wum:

HatterDon

Exactly!

And that was with Mark "Fulham FC is beneath me" Hughes...  :hook:

I've been wondering: when exactly did Hughes say that? And to whom?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

Quote from: HatterDon on October 17, 2011, 01:02:27 AM
Exactly!

Good point Don, I don't know if it was ever muttered, either by Sparky or anyone talking on his behalf.

Then again, I guess some people might have inferred that due to his manner of leaving - who knows?

HatterDon

Quote from: Logicalman on October 17, 2011, 02:20:07 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 17, 2011, 01:02:27 AM
Exactly!

Good point Don, I don't know if it was ever muttered, either by Sparky or anyone talking on his behalf.

Then again, I guess some people might have inferred that due to his manner of leaving - who knows?

I know, Senor Logic. There's part of me that infers Hughes's manner of leaving as MAF trying to figure out how exactly to act to make Hughes feel as if he had no future with the club and leave so that (a) he could sign the Jol of his dreams and (b) there would be no furious response to the injustice of firing a manager who just led the club to its second highest league finish ever.

But, I think there's as much documented proof for one as there is for the other.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

White Noise

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/277928/Stoke-2-Fulham-0-Murphy-s-law-saved-him-a-red

STOKE 2 - FULHAM 0: MURPHY'S LAW SAVED HIM A RED 

Monday October 17,2011

By John Wragg 

MARTIN JOL thought about substituting captain Danny Murphy before he asked to come off in a feisty game against Stoke.

Murphy earned a draw out of his personal battle but, as soon as he came off, Fulham collapsed.

Jol claimed Murphy was injured when he was substituted in the 79th minute, three minutes after being booked and right in the middle of a hot period when another booking – and therefore a sending-off – looked imminent.

Jol said Murphy took himself out of a game in which there were seven bookings and he was the target for abuse from Stoke fans. Home supporters were taking their revenge after he branded their side as thugs last season.

Stoke, Wolves and Blackburn were all named by Murphy as clubs where managers wound up their players. He labelled their tackles as "ridiculous and brainless" but Murphy was not allowed to give a second view on how Stoke played in this game because Fulham refused to put him, or any other of their players, up for interview.

Fulham were looking comfortable for a draw when Murphy signalled to the bench that he wanted to come off because he was injured. He had barely walked to the tunnel – to more abuse – before Jonathan Walters had put Stoke ahead. Rory Delap followed that with a headed second three minutes from time.

Jol said: "First I thought it would probably be a good idea to take Murphy off. But I know him, he is a clever player, so I thought he wouldn't get a second booking. But it was in my head.

"Ray Lewington [first- team coach] said it as well, 'Be careful', but Murphy is not stupid.

"It was a knock. He came off. In fact, he brought himself off because of the injury. So that was not a problem.

"We have to be realistic. If you saw what happened, I don't think Murphy was involved, the crowd was against him. I don't know if Murphy expected the crowd to be on his back, I think there was something in the past, with Wolves and Stoke and others, he was probably a bit critical.

"That is the reason but he has to cope – that is football."

Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer was disappointed they could not see out the job of keeping Stoke at bay.

"It was a hugely frustrating afternoon for us and it was a day to forget," he said. "The hardest thing to take was the fact that, for the majority of the match, we dealt with everything they threw at us.

"We gave away a couple of silly free-kicks and they punished us. That is unlike us and, as a result, it is very difficult to take."

This was only Fulham's second defeat in eight games and the first time they had conceded a goal – other than the penalty shoot-out Carling Cup defeat by Chelsea apart – in more than eight hours.

But there remains something about them which suggests this season will be a struggle.

Burt

This is a message board and people are entitled to express their opinions and these opinions will be different from person to person.

I do agree with Mr Horse, I have consistently been in the "Give Jol Time" camp.

I get just as frustrated as the next person when we lose, but if we were to fire every manager after an indifferent spell or a poor performance we would go through 2 or 3 managers a season.

So lets keep the faith, give Jol space, and have a more considered reaction in a couple of month's time as to how he is working out.

AlFayedsChequebook

We are not going to fire Jol anytime soon, so there is little point calling for his head.

Over on Tiff some 'fans' are calling him worse than Sanchez. Which is probably the most ridiculous thing ever.

My only worry is that with some really tough games coming up, we will find ourselves struggling come the turn of the year (again). What we need to remember is that our home games after the turn of the year are significantly easier than over the next few months.

aussierod

It was a frustrating and disappointing display but to think Stoke are an easy side to beat is very much underestimating them. I think we all hate how they play but they are very effective at it, especially up there at the Brittannia, beating Liverpool as well as drawing with Chelsea and Man Utd
Realistically I would have, like Jol said before the game, been looking for a 0-0 and hoping for a chance to win, however I probably wouldnt have said that to the press if I was Jol
At the end of the day as mentioned above
"This was only Fulham's second defeat in eight games and the first time they had conceded a goal – other than the penalty shoot-out Carling Cup defeat by Chelsea apart – in more than eight hours."

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

TonyGilroy

Stoke did what Stoke do and that usually wins them their home games.

Had Riise's shot been an inch lower we'd probably have won or at least drawn but it didn't so we were inept and toothless and Jol must go.

Because it's all his fault.

LBNo11

...as long as everyone is happy with Jol's tactics then I have nothing to worry about.

Apart from me being a moron, or jumping on the tiny anti-Jol bandwagon (apparently it is a handcart), and having no tactical understanding and never having chosen to go into football management - so what do I know - and being too impatient because we have jam tomorrow - why am I still concerned?

As mentioned, the MB becomes very quiet immediately after yet another poor performance against a team that on the day played better than us; (so it's not down to tactics then, what a relief!) is it because people are choosing to find a grain of positivity so that they don't look stupid amongst those who are able to accentuate the positives, are they afraid of making their opinions known because in three months time the happy ones can look down their nose at those of us who have the sheer audacity to express concern/unhappiness at the way things are going and condescendingly say "I told you so- your fears were totally unfounded".

Or maybe it is so quiet because everyone is so happy that it will be alright/don't panic/keep the faith etc., that they are all out celebrating in advance because they know where we will end up at the end of the season?

I wish I had that positive outlook, sadly the benefit of foresight is not an attribute I have, so best keep quiet, say nothing.. :033:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 17, 2011, 09:51:32 AM
...as long as everyone is happy with Jol's tactics then I have nothing to worry about.

Apart from me being a moron, or jumping on the tiny anti-Jol bandwagon (apparently it is a handcart), and having no tactical understanding and never having chosen to go into football management - so what do I know - and being too impatient because we have jam tomorrow - why am I still concerned?

As mentioned, the MB becomes very quiet immediately after yet another poor performance against a team that on the day played better than us; (so it's not down to tactics then, what a relief!) is it because people are choosing to find a grain of positivity so that they don't look stupid amongst those who are able to accentuate the positives, are they afraid of making their opinions known because in three months time the happy ones can look down their nose at those of us who have the sheer audacity to express concern/unhappiness at the way things are going and condescendingly say "I told you so- your fears were totally unfounded".

Or maybe it is so quiet because everyone is so happy that it will be alright/don't panic/keep the faith etc., that they are all out celebrating in advance because they know where we will end up at the end of the season?

I wish I had that positive outlook, sadly the benefit of foresight is not an attribute I have, so best keep quiet, say nothing.. :033:

Can we save the self pitying 'they wont let me express my opinion' posts from BOTH sides of the pro/anti Jol debate please?