watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Travel on Sunday

Started by dgnffc, October 20, 2011, 10:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgnffc

Don't know if this has been noticed before, but it seems getting to the game on Sunday could take a bit longer than usual.

- No Victoria line all weekend (bus replacement service)
- No Circle line all weekend
- No District line between Wimbledon and Edgware Road on Sunday
- Bus replacement on Hammersmith and City line between Baker Street and Royal Oak all weekend
- Bus replacement service on British rail between Clapham Junction and Twickenham on Sunday

Guess that'll be me driving then!

The Equalizer

That is absolutely appalling! How the hell is anyone supposed to get to the game?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: dgnffc on October 20, 2011, 10:43:50 AM
Don't know if this has been noticed before, but it seems getting to the game on Sunday could take a bit longer than usual.

- No Victoria line all weekend (bus replacement service)
- No Circle line all weekend
- No District line between Wimbledon and Edgware Road on Sunday
- Bus replacement on Hammersmith and City line between Baker Street and Royal Oak all weekend
- Bus replacement service on British rail between Clapham Junction and Twickenham on Sunday

Guess that'll be me driving then!

The only downside to supporting FFC is the bloody transport. I have to drive to Epping and go on the Piccadilly to Hammersmith to stand a chance of getting to the game in under 2 hours. Takes the Michael.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Airfix

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 20, 2011, 11:08:38 AM
That is absolutely appalling! How the hell is anyone supposed to get to the game?

You could walk...

BalDrick

Quote from: Airfix on October 20, 2011, 11:26:26 AM

You could walk...

LOL!

'Guess that'll be me driving then!'

Me too, although that does mean I can watch the Blacks do les Bleus in the morning before hitting the road.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

The Equalizer

You could walk...

It's far too far for me to walk now that I've moved into Posh Mark's house.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

BalDrick

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 20, 2011, 11:43:00 AM

You could walk...

Cycle then.

dgnffc

Good luck to the Everton fans as well!

mrska

That will be fun.. especially with Qpr V Chelsea on as well.. 

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 20, 2011, 11:43:00 AM

You could walk...

Its only 2 1/2 miles and takes 40 minutes - downhill all the way too, ya big whoos !  Mind you, there are quite a few pubs on the way so it could take a little longer.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

BalDrick

Quote from: mr_ska on October 20, 2011, 12:19:11 PM
That will be fun.. especially with Qpr V Chelsea on as well.. 

This I wasn't aware of - was planning on parking on Hammersmith Grove (free you know) but don't want to have to remember to take the air freshener and stuff out, also don't think I should have to. Cannot believe the OB have sanctioned us playing the same day as those clubs meet, absolutely guarantee there will be bother (of the sort some legendary people seem to get quite excited about) there, or nearby.

ScalleysDad

Blimey. Chaos predicted then. The Waterloo Line from Exeter has loads of works and bus replacements on it making it useless for Sunday and the Paddington Line is silly money so its me driving up as well. Hopefully I'll be able to park up near Barnes Bridge or on the common. The general aim is to avoid Hammersmith at all costs. As somebody has already said what a daft idea to have all three clubs playing on the same day ........ sorry Brentford!

Burt

I've completely screwed my diary up and will be in Nottingham this weekend  :012:

AlFayedsChequebook

For anyone driving to the game, I would recommend parking in the vicinity of Putney, esp up towards Putney Hill. Lots of free on road parking and still a short walk to the pubs and a decent walk to the ground.

Burt

I drive most times now and tend to park down one of the side roads off Lower Richmond Rd that go down toward the river e.g. Festing Road. Its a bit of a treck, but you do pass the Dukes Head, and the Larrick on the way in.

MJG

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 20, 2011, 04:45:37 PM
For anyone driving to the game, I would recommend parking in the vicinity of Putney, esp up towards Putney Hill. Lots of free on road parking and still a short walk to the pubs and a decent walk to the ground.
I would not  recommend that as I'm playing football in the morning and will be getting to putney late, so no don't park there leave plenty of spaces, thanks.

ScalleysDad

So lets move onwards to Sunday and leave the angst of tonight behind us

American Football at Wemberly on sunday so 406, M4, M25 chaos. Chelski at QPR so localised chaos. Spot the working train timetable ....................... transport chaos.

Okay then back to tonights game ..........................