News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do you think we will lose Martin Jol to a big 4/5 side in the offseason?

Started by finnster01, October 20, 2011, 08:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

cebu

Lighthouse

Yes I think we will lose Jol or IF WE DON'T, Four fifths of our side WILL WANT TO GO.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

sipwell

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

ImperialWhite

For fcuk's sake man, choose your moments.

Was it Jol's fault that Nunez is a diving cheat? We played 11 v 10 against a side quite content with playing keep ball - we had no chance and were on top until the red.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ImperialWhite on October 20, 2011, 08:17:46 PM

Was it Jol's fault that Nunez is a diving cheat? We played 11 v 10 against a side quite content with playing keep ball - we had no chance and were on top until the red.

+infinity

Get some bloody perspective people. If I didn't know better, I would think some of you relish us losing

TonyGilroy

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 20, 2011, 08:19:33 PM
Quote from: ImperialWhite on October 20, 2011, 08:17:46 PM

+infinity

Get some bloody perspective people. If I didn't know better, I would think some of you relish us losing

+ infinity +1

The King

How many would have thought of losing Sparky to a big 4/5 side in the offseason a year ago? Granted, he didn't leave for another team but you know.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 20, 2011, 08:12:18 PM
Yes I think we will lose Jol or IF WE DON'T, Four fifths of our side WILL WANT TO GO.

The match thread is getting a bit heated so for some reasoned opinion. Yes I think you are right and it might turn out to be for the long term good or it will be a short term disaster and an away day at West Ham. Across the squad I can't see players performing half as well as they did last season and thats partly down to selection, formation, tactics, if indeed there are any. Do we have a star man 17 games in? I suspect that if any offers come in the agents are going to be busy. Players bemoaned the Hodgson tedium and the Hughes ' too much too soon' antics but the body language at the moment is 'lets get this over with'. We cannot keep looking back to the QPR game. They were woeful and we played the ball on the floor. Can't see that happening too often. Saying all that this lot are there for the taking come 3rd November. Once we have derided the diver we need to chant our way to a four nil ................. quietly of course and whilst in the seated position.

AFC and IW note this is a response to the point made by Lighthouse and not 'relishing a defeat' moment

ImperialWhite

Quote from: The King on October 20, 2011, 08:24:12 PM
How many would have thought of losing Sparky to a big 4/5 side in the offseason a year ago? Granted, he didn't leave for another team but you know.

A big side wouldn't want Hughes, he's too tactically naive.

See: Man City/Liverpool at home, or Hughe's draw-a-thon (what was it, 13 draws in a row? 7 draws in a row) at City.

finnster01

Quote from: ImperialWhite on October 20, 2011, 08:35:07 PM

See: Man City/Liverpool at home, or Hughe's draw-a-thon (what was it, 13 draws in a row? 7 draws in a row) at City.

If Hughes is so tactically naive why did a big side like City hire him in the first place? And at Fulham he always subbed and went for the win. Didn't always work, but contrast that with Martin "what do I do now" Jol.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on October 20, 2011, 08:40:12 PM
Quote from: ImperialWhite on October 20, 2011, 08:35:07 PM

If Hughes is so tactically naive why did a big side like City hire him in the first place?

Because he had done well at Blackburn. unfortunately he was too tactically naive to ever succeed on the big stage, despite what his ego was telling him

MJG

Honestly do not some of you who worry about players leaving because of Jol not think its time some of them moved on anyway.
An argument could be made for Duff, Johnson, Etuhu,Murphy and yes even Zamora moving on. Im not saying I want them to go but the core of the squad has grown old together and quite frankly a lot of them have run out of ideas.

CincyFulham1

Of course not.  Managers who get their teams relegated never get jobs with the top 4/5 clubs. 

richie17

Quote from: MJG on October 20, 2011, 08:44:29 PM
Honestly do not some of you who worry about players leaving because of Jol not think its time some of them moved on anyway.
An argument could be made for Duff, Johnson, Etuhu,Murphy and yes even Zamora moving on. Im not saying I want them to go but the core of the squad has grown old together and quite frankly a lot of them have run out of ideas.

I suspect this is part of the current issue. Jol has to consider moving players on while they have resale value.