watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It May Look Grim Right Now But....

Started by White Noise, October 23, 2011, 05:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

It can't be as bad yet as the first 18 Prem games under Hughes down to Boxing Day last year - can it? And no Europa League then either. 086.gif

Bolton  - D 0-0
Manchester United D 2-2
Blackpool - D 2-2     
Wolves - W 2-1
Blackburn Rovers - D 1-1
Everton - D 0-0     
West Ham United - D 1-1
Tottenham - L 1-2 
West Bromwich Albion - L 1-2
Wigan Athletic - W 2-0
Aston Villa - D 1-1
Chelsea - L 0-1
Newcastle United - D 0-0
Manchester City Sky L 1-4
Birmingham City - D 1-1   
Arsenal - L 1-2
Sunderland - D 0-0
West Ham United - L 1-3

ImperialWhite

Quote from: White Noise on October 23, 2011, 05:59:18 PM
It can't be as bad yet as the first 18 Prem games under Hughes down to Boxing Day last year - can it? And no Europa League then either. 086.gif

Bolton  - D 0-0
Manchester United D 2-2
Blackpool - D 2-2     
Wolves - W 2-1
Blackburn Rovers - D 1-1
Everton - D 0-0     
West Ham United - D 1-1
Tottenham - L 1-2 
West Bromwich Albion - L 1-2
Wigan Athletic - W 2-0
Aston Villa - D 1-1
Chelsea - L 0-1
Newcastle United - D 0-0
Manchester City Sky L 1-4
Birmingham City - D 1-1   
Arsenal - L 1-2
Sunderland - D 0-0
West Ham United - L 1-3

<derailing the thread> Our first ever game filmed in 3D. If I recall correctly, we've only ever been filmed in 3D twice, the second time being against Liverpool at home in which we were also thrashed. 3D is obviously very very unlucky for us </derailing the thread>

dont stand me down

That makes for interesting reading WN,and I hope the Jol out brigade read them. Wigan next week is massive and I hope we have a decent turn out up there.Cant really add much to the Jol debate today I feel in almost physical pain at the Bobby miss,and you can't blame that miss on Jol can you?I thought we played well,but more then anything we need a change of luck and quick.

Lighthouse

The only difference is the money spent, the fact we HAVE had the Europa and had more games for the team to understand Jol. We looked to be trying to go forward and the team appeared more supportive of the manager.

This season  we do have a good squad bar the forwards and without the errors would no doubt have less to complain about concerning the manager.

Hughes left the training to somebody else. I wonder if Jol has thought of that?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

White Noise

The view on December 13th last year -

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=8057.0

And the thoughts of Hughes and others at the time of the West Ham game (note - I seem to have omitted all the match reports from the West Ham game as a humanitarian act towards Fulham fans everywhere) -

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=8315.0

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=8368.0

sunburywhite

From my memory the only reason we turned the corner under Hughes was the fact that the players had a "meeting" and told Hughes they could not play under his tatics and that a middle ground needed to be found. This basically was a return to the way we played under Roy. Once we did that there was no looking back.
Perhaps we need another such meeting because on paper the team is stronger now than it was Boxing Day last year.
Is that also the problem we are not playing on paper?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ImperialWhite

Quote from: sunburywhite on October 23, 2011, 06:40:12 PM
From my memory the only reason we turned the corner under Hughes was the fact that the players had a "meeting" and told Hughes they could not play under his tatics and that a middle ground needed to be found. This basically was a return to the way we played under Roy. Once we did that there was no looking back.
Perhaps we need another such meeting because on paper the team is stronger now than it was Boxing Day last year.

The problem is (as I see it) is that at some stage we have to transition to a new team with a new philosophy and a largely new first XI. Hughes sensibly tried to change things, but not very sensibly did it too quickly and we were poor. Going back to Roy-era tactics was the easy option that we can't afford to take now because the Roy era team is too old.

TonyGilroy

I'm not sure that's ever been corroborated. I'm sure there are regular team meetings where players have their say but I doubt there was ONE big meeting where Hughes said OK, I've got it wrong, we'll do it your way.

MJG

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 23, 2011, 06:47:25 PM

I'm not sure that's ever been corroborated. I'm sure there are regular team meetings where players have their say but I doubt there was ONE big meeting where Hughes said OK, I've got it wrong, we'll do it your way.
we had this discussion a few months ago and i dug out an interview baird had on ESPN and he pretty much confirmed that's what happened.

DUKE

I dont know man this ongoing feud between Jol and Bobby is effecting every1 on and off the pitch. MAF has to step in and calm things down.Bobby looks frustrated and that frustration cost us 3 points 2day (just tap it in for god sake). Last year we were missing some crucial players and we only lost 2 out of 9. We all know how important is to get behind ur manger and support him no matter what and i am willing to give him a chance but the problem is that he cant get on the pitch and make Bobby tap that fricking ball in.This is giving all of us a big headache because we know that we r creating chances and with just a little bit of more commitment from Bobby and we could be a brilliant. We r all talking about transitions and how Jol is trying to change the way we play. We had one of the best defenses in the league now we leaking goals like a sinking ship. Our strike force is one of the best in the league and yet we cant tap a fcuking ball in with an open goal.(u can see how angry i am about that miss)....

dont stand me down

I share your pain and concern mate,I can't explain the miss,we just need to get behind them now,and hope Jol can put these personal issues-if they exist, to one side.